“Very nice hotel”

Fairfield Inn Mission Viejo Orange County
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Mission Viejo
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 3, 2012

What makes this hotel so great is the front desk. So friendly and helpful with directions wake up calls etc.They are renovating the entire hotel .The fifth floor is completely renovated so ask to stay on that floor.Very nice breakfast with lots of choices. Easy to find right off I-5 close to NewPort beach,Laguna Beach and San Juan Capistrano.!5 minutes from the John Wayne Airport.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed January 30, 2012

This property is adequate - clean, close to freeway, poor sound insulation, low water flow, thin towels, behind a gas station, breakfast is included and they seem to have a good business, parking is convenient and secure. Stay away from rooms by the elevator - very noisy.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed January 28, 2012

i cam with my parents and the place was nice and breakfast area was good. the only thing is that they are not good in communications. my dad forgot his belt there so we called in and they said they will call us back and they did not for 2 weeks. i called in again and they said they did not find it. really sad.

Room Tip: get rooms near the pool
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 18, 2012

We had a very clean room with pretty comfortable beds on the 4th floor. We had asked for a high floor and were told the 5th floor (top) was under renovation. We had also asked for quiet room and were told it was a quiet location and since the entire hotel is near the 5 it worked out well. We could hear some traffic, but not enough to matter. There was free wireless, Internet throughout the hotel that worked well. There were also 2 computers with very slow Internet in the same room as the gym, which had newer looking equipment and we never saw anyone using any of it in the 4 days we were there. The hotel is in a strange location, behind two gas stations, but very, very convenient for everything we wanted to see and do. The breakfast was pretty standard and with a lot of holiday travelers the breakfast area did get crowded, but it was nicely decorated and pleasant. Service overall was above average.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room and then enjoy the convenience of this centrally located, clean hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank HappyTraveler01534
Reviewed January 2, 2012

I stayed at this property for 3 nights in early December '11. The property did have a note in my room letting me know that they were about to begin a property renovation. Thank goodness for that. I know it's a Fairfield Inn but the beds, linens, and fitness area should have been upgraded about 2-3 years ago. I wonder if they were left over from when the property was a Hampton Inn. With that said the property is very convenient to the SoCal freeway system if you need to go to San Diego, LA, or the beach. The continental breakfast program was nice. I look forward to possibly revisiting the property after the renovation. I hope they speed up the snail like elevators.

Room Tip: Stay away from the rooms near the elevator.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 6, 2011

My husband normally sleeps like a dead person. I have to shake him awake. He can sleep on almost any surface comfortably, while I am the proverbial "princess and the pea" type.

So when, at 4am, I finally gave up trying to sleep by telling my husband, "I want to set this bed on fire and throw it in the pool," I was rather surprised to hear him respond with, "That bad, eh?"
His coherent response was proof that the beds really were that bad, because if he'd been sleeping comfortably, he wouldn't even have heard me.

The rest of the hotel was fine. I requested and received a mini fridge in the room, the breakfast spread looked pretty good, the pool was clean and the staff was helpful.
But sleeping is a pretty big part of the hotel experience, and I can't fathom how they have such horrible beds. They were hard and the metal springs dug into our bodies when we tried to sleep.
Really, really annoying.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alzaetia J
Reviewed August 28, 2011

Overall, an OK Hotel. Was a little worried of the property since they had a lot of secuirty cameras and the rooms each had a signs saying-'don't leave your key in the door". Really! Do people actually leave their key in the door? The rooms were older and my bathroom faucets were dripping. The breakfast buffet was standard fare. The workout room was a combo workout room and business center- that's a first for me. They only had cardio equipment- but it was newer Life Fitness, so not bad. The pool was outside, nice, and in good shape.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Ayres Hotel & Spa Mission Viejo
Ayres Hotel & Spa Mission Viejo
#2 of 5 in Mission Viejo
Best Western Plus Irvine Spectrum Hotel

Been to Fairfield Inn Mission Viejo Orange County? Share your experiences!