“Neighborhood gem”

Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Trabuco
Transit: Bus stop on the corner of Marguerite and Trabuco going south as well as going north directly across from shopping center.
Description: Visit us at 303 Broadway in Laguna Beach! The Mission Viejo location is now closed!
Mission Viejo, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Neighborhood gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

In a nondescript strip mall in Mission Viejo sits Nirvana Grille. Don't let the exterior fool you as the food is consistently excellent. The salads, appetizers and entrees are all delicious. In over 30 visits, I can honestly say that I have always liked what I had. The wine list is good but I opt to pay the corkage fee.

• Visited July 2012

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellence Hidden”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

I guess they have been there for 6 years...I only wish my wife and I would have found them sooner. The four stars is based only on the lack of cocktails available... Basically wine and beer only... The food is outstanding... The service was very solid and well educated on their food... We bought a deal on Travel Zoo and got $90 worth of food for $49... It came with two appetizers, two main courses, and two desserts... We had the mussels and stuffed chille pablano , the sea bass and pork loin, and the molten cake and the fig with goat cheese ice cream... Everything was spot on and perfectly seasoned... The small plates where our favorite I'd say... But it was all tasty... We left full and happy... They do offer a $15 corkage fee if you don't want to pay $30 and up for wine, but offer a nice list of solid wines to select from... I would absolutely recommend this for an anniversary, special date, or special event... A bit pricey for regular meals, but my wife and I will share one main course next time because it's a fair amount of food. Good eating!

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank OCScotteach
Mesa, Arizona
“The Best of California Cusine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

One of our favorites as it offers upscale food, presentation, and style. Nirvana's also offers Gluten Free and Vegan choices that are clearly nmarked on the menu. I had the Prime duroc Pork Loin and my fiancee had the Nirvana Vegetable Plate. Excellent presentation distinct and subtle combination of flavors and overall eating experience that made our night. Looking to visit again in July

Visited June 2012
Rancho Santa Margarita, California
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2012

Imaginative menu and consistently wonderful food. We've never been disappointed.

Southern California
“Wonderful neighborhood gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2012

This is one of those small neighborhood restaurants that serves great food with a slight French/Mediterranean influence (fish, beef, chicken, lamb). The restaurant has a nice wine list and inexpensive corkage if you like to bring your own vino. We've eaten here several times--mostly for special occasions--and always enjoy taking good friends. The owners like to tinker with their menu and often introduce new items and specials. Appetizers are good sized and a couple of them can make a good meal.

Also good is the sister restaurant located in Laguna Beach.

• Visited January 2012