“NO BUTTER !!??”

Good for: Kids, Large groups, Families with children
Ladera Ranch, California
“NO BUTTER !!??”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

arrived at CPK and find out that now you have to make a big deal to get butter with your bread. they want you to use the oil they provide because it is healthier. I was told butter was not available at all but pushed back a little then got a small tab of it from the kitchen. this is not a smart idea. go ahead and make it by request but don't tell us that we cant have it. the pea soup is great and the original chopped chicken is still the best.

• Visited September 2013

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Perhaps one of the best chain restaurants”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I went here twice and found both food and service exceptional, it doesn't seem like a chain except for the printing of the menu. Very open with lots of windows making it feel very roomy.

I had pasta dishes both times, both the pesto and light cream sauces were excellent.

• Visited August 2013
new mexico
“No "cluck" to the chicken”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My wife & I ate dinner on 8/3/2013 at the Mission Viejo CPK. We both had the small plate specials –a Petite Wedge Salad and a Chicken Tinga Quesadilla. The wedge salad was good – ample bacon, blue cheese and lettuce. The quesadilla, however, was terrible.
The menu listed lime chicken as the first ingredient, implying there would be abundant chicken in the quesadilla, more chicken than beans. I ate two portions of the quesadilla thinking it had a nice balance of flavors, complimented by the dipping sauce. Then I focused on the contents – I hadn’t noticed eating any chicken. I opened up the remaining 2 portions, and saw no chicken! I expected to see identifiable pieces of chicken. I called over the waiter and complained and he pointed out to me the chicken in one of the portions. It must have measured ¼” by ¼” and was very thin – a sliver. He said the kitchen carefully measures how much chicken is in the quesadilla. I asked to speak with the manager. He didn’t defend their quesadilla; but, he offered to have another quesadilla made for me with more chicken, at no extra cost. When the quesadilla arrived, I opened all 4 portions. There was more chicken all right! In fact they doubled the amount; instead of 1 piece of chicken, I had two pieces per portion. Each portion had two pieces of chicken slivers, accompanied by 4 beans per portion. I took the chicken from half the portions and added them to the remaining portions. Some of the chicken slivers were larger – 3/16”
NEVER, Never, never order the Chicken Tinga Quesadilla at CPK.

• Visited August 2013
Turnersville, New Jersey
“Great meal”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We went with a group of about 10 people. Great Service, Great Food, Loved the atmosphere... Can't wait to go back

Visited April 2013
Northbridge, Massachusetts
“Better than most”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Have eaten at several CPK locations across the country and, while I like them, the food at this one was better than most. The crowds must agree because there was a pretty long wait when we left. (We went early, around 5, and got one of the last tables). Consider take out which they seem to do a ton of. Service was very good except for assertion that they have a chocolate soufflé for dessert...we tried and while it was tasty, it was more of a molten chocolate cake with ice cream than a real soufflé.

• Visited January 2013