“Exceptional hotel”

GreenLeadersGold level
Montreal, Canada
“Exceptional hotel”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

Stay with Ayres Suites Mission Viejo for a week. Absolutely great hotel. Clean room, friendly staff, pool and hot tub, exceptional view (on the top floor) facing the highway.

My wife and I spent an entire week at this hotel. When we first checked-in, there were no room with king size bed left, so we had one of the rooms on the ground floor with the outdoor sitting area. This wasn't so much interest for us. This room at the far end had a very weak wireless signal. Made a compliant to the manager. Manager promised to switch our room to the third floor with a king size bed the next day. We switched to room 318 the next day. What a beautiful view! Absolutely breathing taking sunset and partial view of the lake as well. We stayed in this room for the rest of our stay.

Hot breakfast was decent, but the choice was bit limited. Last time we stayed in a holiday-inn in Foothill Ranch which also provided cook to order hot breakfast.

I had the swimming pool and the hot tub to myself a couple of times during the week

There's a close-by camping area near the lake with magnificent view.

The nearby highway wasn't a noise source at all, partially because it doesn't have much traffic (I think it's a toll road).

plenty of shopping, dinning and entertainment near-by.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 318. I think the view of the sunset and the lake is magnificent. Room at the en...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel & Spa Mission Viejo, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear zhangyi17,

Thank you so much for your kind words in complimenting our signature European-style rooms. It was our pleasure to give you that experience as well as provide clean and comfortable accommodations. Thank you very much for your generous recommendation and we look forward to your next visit!

Warm Regards,

Didi Shields

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
las vegas
Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

My first stay here, very pleasant, newer hotel. Big rooms with two televisions, sitting area, microwave & refrigerator. Free WiFi and breakfast with cooked to order eggs. Small on property restaurant & bar with wonder home made menu items. Pool & Jacuzzi overlooking the valley.

Staff very warm and helpful. This is a hotel I will stay at again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel & Spa Mission Viejo, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear teriannlv,

Thank you kindly for your TripAdvisor review! We truly appreciate your generous words about our world class amenities and full hot American breakfast and are delighted that we were able to be your home away from home. Thank you for your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Warm Regards,

Anderson, Indiana
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Traveled to Orange County for Granddaughter's HS Graduation. The hotel was the closest to our kids home in Rancho Santa Margerita where they had a full house. Great value on a Hotwire gamble. Excellent and friendly staff, wonderfully clean rooms, a great layout in almost a mini-suite configuration with Love Seat, chair, work desk w/chair, refrigerator, microwave and single cup coffee maker. Room darkening shades and a thermostat controlled in wall A/C & Heat Unit.
A morning hot breakfast is provided with a pretty good selection. Coffee is great and you can get eggs to order as I saw some doing. Breakfast ends a little earlier than most (9:00a) and I missed it a couple of days. The breakfast area serves as a small restaurant/bar during the evening hours.
Because of other reviews, I asked for and got a room on the 3rd floor, so I'm suggesting that 2nd and 1st floor rooms may have had noise that ours didn't. We were also accessed by the courtyard side which is a very pleasant sitting area with a fountain, small trees and plants among a few round tables and outdoor seating configurations. A good place to sit and relax away from the activity and noise.
We stayed 6 nights in Room 377 which was far enough away from the elevator to not give us any disturbance from frequent "dinging". (I would not recommend room 372 which sits directly across from the elevator). The only hitch, involved an abusive fight in the room next door our first night there - at 3:00am - which got physical enough for us to call the desk. It quickly ended when the hotel took quick action to end it, for which I commend them. This is a very well run hotel and I would highly recommend

Room Tip: Rooms on West side and on third floor would keep you away from highway and floor noise.
Green Features: Seemed to have good environmental policies in effect, with Key Card controlled electrical inside entry door (Has to be in place to get power), towel and sheet reuse programs were available.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 24, 2014

I spoke to Ayres manager Craig, who bent over backwards to get us into the hotel for the nights we needed, as we intended to stay on property with others in our wedding party. After multiple calls from Craig over the course of many weeks, he was able to accommodate us. I was impressed that it was always him calling me; I never had to reach out to him for status. Great property, very comfortable, convenient to freeway access, clean, and pleasant staff. I would definitely stay here again next time I'm in the area...I appreciate the high level of customer service I was provided.

Room Tip: Beautiful courtyard :o)
Green Features: Very neat energy efficient program using the room keys to reduce un-necessary energy use. It was nice to see an "energy efficient" hotel! Couldn't find a recycle bin for my paper & plastic bottles?
HENDERSON NEVADA
Reviewed June 20, 2014

The hotel manager checked us in. He seemed more business like than friendly. I felt rushed even though he was not busy. The room was nice. The sitting area had a small couch,chair,desk &chair and tv. The window in this area opened to the public hallway( kind of strange) Also a counter with a fridge,microwave and coffee maker. The bedroom had a closet and chest and tv. I had a great view of the parking lot. The room was very clean. The included buffet breakfast was satisfactory. Free parking and wifi is included. The property is located about a 15-20 minute drive to the closest point of interest. Nice place.

Room Tip: 3rd fl. is best.Room away from elevator and ice machine. Ask for nice view.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Ramona, California
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Hotel lobby smelled like smoke. Linens for pull out bed were not in room or offered upon check-in despite having two kids with me at the time. Thermostat for A/C did not function properly. Food at complimentary breakfast was ok. Strawberries for waffles were in a gel-like state. Should have been fresh cut strawberries. Breakfast space is very congested with all hot items in one corner of room....quite claustrophobic. Pool in another building on property. Room was very clean, had modern furnishings and everything was in good condition.

Green Features: Electricity in the room only works if you have a key in the holder adjacent to the room entry door. I like that they are trying to conserve energy.
1 Thank Queenofc
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel & Spa Mission Viejo, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear Queenofc,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel. Your feedback is vitally important to us as we always want to meet all of our guest’s expectations.

In regards to your recent stay, I am truly disappointed to hear about the issues you experienced at our hotel. We take pride in delivering excellent service to our guests and I sincerely apologize that this was not the case during your stay. Please know this is not typical of our usual service and that I have addressed these issues with the necessary departments to prevent them from reoccurring in the future.

Nevertheless, we truly appreciate your understanding and apologize again for these inconveniences you experienced.. I certainly empathize regarding the points you mentioned in your review and I only hope that you will reconsider and stay with us again. Thank you again for your candid review.

Costa Mesa, California
Reviewed June 9, 2014

stayed here for a wedding rooms were good staff were amazing great breakfast all the family was close together on the same floor would stay again first time staying at Ayers hotel group will be using them again

Room Tip: we had a total of 10 rooms all were great all good
Green Features: very good room keys are used for power saving on waste
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel & Spa Mission Viejo, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Dear Lucky932,

Thank you so much for your generous compliments and we're so thrilled that you chose our hotel for your recent stay!

We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed our friendly service as well as our freshly made American breakfast buffet. We appreciate your kind compliments and are delighted to hear that you and your family were able to enjoy each other’s company at our hotel.

Once again, thank you so much for your generous recommendation and we hope to see you again in the future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mission Viejo
Courtyard Foothill Ranch Irvine East/Lake Forest
Ayres Hotel Laguna Woods
Ayres Hotel Laguna Woods
#1 of 1 in Laguna Woods

Been to Ayres Hotel & Spa Mission Viejo? Share your experiences!