“Disappointing”

GreenLeadersGold level
Denver, Colorado
“Disappointing”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Such a promising start. The exterior is beautiful Adobe-style and the structure sits up high on a bluff. The lobby is well appointed and the front desk staff are attentive and made an accommodation for my early check in. It's a non-smoking hotel and you are required to sign a sheet that warns smokers of a large fine if they smoke in the rooms, Once I arrived to my room, and opened the door, there it was, the smell of old, stale cigarette smoke. Since there were no other rooms ready, I decided to stay. The furniture in the office area is cheap; I pulled the door open looking for a pen and paper and it was a faux door and fell off. Later I called room service and no one answered. I was told to leave my name and order and would be called back. Good luck keeping your room at a comfortable temperature. The thermostat is impossible to figure out. The free breakfast was average; powered eggs, limited meat choices.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Karl4Hawaii

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Rancho Santa Margarita, California
Reviewed December 14, 2012

The hotel is fine, it is clean and the bedding is comfortable. I found the staff to be less than memorable. When I booked the website said that they offered shuttle service. I stayed at the hotel to be close to the location of a holiday gathering. When I asked to utilize the shuttle service (distance less that 2 miles from hotel) I was told that it was only for corporate guests and within 3 miles. I said that wasn't made clear on the website that is was exclusively for corporate. I also said I just needed to go less than 2 miles. I was denied shuttle service. This was frustrating for me. The man who checked me in was cold and impersonal. I think paying almost 150.00 for the evening, a bit of customer service is expected. In the future I will seek another property to meet my needs. Also the TV reception was poor, although I wasn't there long enough to watch much.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel & Spa Mission Viejo, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear Hramsey21 -

Thank you for your candid review of our hotel. While I am pleased you found the accommodations comfortable, I apologize for any inconvenience caused by the shuttle service. Though the shuttle is intended for corporate guest use, the service should not have been denied you and I am sorry for this. I have already spoken directly with the necessary team members to ensure against this in the future. I have also notified the corporate team of the error on the website. It is being changed to more accurately reflect our services. Again, I am sorry for this issue and hope you will reconsider staying with us in the future.

Davie, Florida
Reviewed November 14, 2012

We truly enjoyed staying at the Ayres Hotel. Very accomodating and an excellent staff. The complimentary breakfast was very good quality. The premise were kept very clean. The pool was also very well kept.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel & Spa Mission Viejo, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Robert -

And we truly enjoyed having you! Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay and for your positive review. We are thrilled the cleanliness of the hotel and the various amenities made for such an enjoyable visit. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Pleasanton, California
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We have been at "Ayres Hotel & Spa Mission Viejo" hotel last weekend. Very pretty European -style hotel with very clean and comfortable room. My daughter was happy to find 2-nd TV in the room :) Good breakfast, free WiFi, working place with comfortable chair. Staff was very friendly and useful. We'd stay again. Thank you!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stayed for just a couple of days, and it was great. We went to Disney's Halloween Party, and this was just far enough away to give us a break from all the craziness. The rooms were big and clean and the breakfast was great. Room service was awesome, and very inexpensive. The staff was wonderful!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel & Spa Mission Viejo, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Grooveo -

It was such a pleasure welcoming you as our guest recently! I'm thrilled we had the chance to be your choice of accommodations when visiting Disneyland and that we were able to provide a bit of relief from the craziness of Disneyland and the surrounding area. We are very appreciative of your recommendation and hope to welcome you back very soon.

Warm regards,

Oxnard, California
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I really enjoyed my brief stay here. Warm welcoming staff always polite and professional. Very clean property and decent food too. Beds were very comfortable and decor was modern and very simple but nice. All an dall a very pleasant experiance

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel & Spa Mission Viejo, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear Danielle -

Thank you so much for your positive review and for choosing our hotel for your stay. I am so pleased the cleanliness of the hotel and the comfort of your room met your expectations. We are very grateful for your recommendation and hope to welcome you back soon.

Ontario, California
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We only stayed one night to attend a wedding nearby. So I can't say I can rate all this fine Hotel has to offer. But I can relate my experience. Check in was quick and easy. I noticed how clean the lobby was, as well as the corridors to our first floor room. The room was perfect for what we were doing. I wouldn't want to stay a week there but for a day or two it would be great.
Breakfast was amazing. They had quite a lot to offer. I grabbed scrambled eggs, potatoes, and sausage for my wife and took that to our room. Then went back and got the same for myself. Plus coffee and orange juice. I didn't want to overdue it but I sure could have, there were many other options.
Checkout was short and sweet. I have never stayed at a Ayres Hotel before but would now search one out anywhere I stayed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear TomsOnVacation -

It was an absolute pleasure welcoming you, if only for a short visit. Thank you so much for giving us the opportunity to introduce you to our hotel chain! We relish the chance to make a fantastic first impression and I am thrilled we were able to make your stay exceptional. Hopefully you will have the chance to visit us again soon.

Warm regards,

Courtyard Foothill Ranch Irvine East/Lake Forest
Ayres Hotel Laguna Woods
Ayres Hotel Laguna Woods
#1 of 1 in Laguna Woods

Been to Ayres Hotel & Spa Mission Viejo? Share your experiences!