“Great with kids”

Ayres Hotel & Spa Mission Viejo
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Mission Viejo
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 17, 2011

Excellent place to stay with kids--excellent breakfast, esp. for kids; pool accessible but too cool to swim in Dec., very comfortable feel to the whole place. Be sure to check various websites before booking, because prices are all over the place--and check back several times, because they change a lot.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank JAF0523

Reviewed August 16, 2011

This is the most amazing 3 star hotel! It is out of the way for many attractions near the 5 fwy but I don't mind. The staff is attentive to your every need and the property is clean and beautiful. We will stay there whenever we come back to OC from Phoenix because I am now spoiled for all other hotels in this price range. I do hope to catch one of their sales next time!

Room Tip: The double queen is very roomy for families.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 15, 2011

I stayed here with my friends for a wedding. We got a good rate and I didn't expect much more than just a place to sleep but I was surprised. This place is really nice. The staff was also really great. The 2 gentlemen at the front desk were always very polite attentive and sincere and so was the girl. They always greeted us and wouldnt just say hi and bye.They seemed genuinely interested in how we were doing. Good customer service is hard to find. The rooms were very nice. Spacious and this property seemed very new. The free breakfast was a nice touch and pretty good. If I am every back in the area which I doubt Id go back for sure.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Purplewarrior
Reviewed June 14, 2011

First off the property is new, the rooms are very nice and beds comfortable. I always appreciate a clean room and this one was very clean. It sits right off the freeway in a parking lot with another Ayres hotel.

Breakfast was very nice, plenty of options. The "access to pool" is a bit mis-leading. The pool is in the middle of the parking lot next to the other hotel. It has a very "motel 6" feel to it. If you are looking for a retreat, this is not your pool area.

I went to the pool after a long day out and it was full of 10-12 boys and their parents who had brought in ice chests of alcohol and were so loud that everyone, including myself left the pool area. I am all for having a good time, but this was beyond rude. When I complained to the manager at the hotel, he said he was not in control of that area but would call over and let the other Ayres hotel know.

Bottom line, you pay $160 for a night you expect a certain level of a hotel, especially one with the name Spa in it. What I got was a 3 star hotel at a 5 star price. It was a very nice clean hotel, but it is not a 4-5 star experience. We actually ended up moving to another property instead of staying.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 1, 2011

Recently, my husband and I were heading to Orange County for a day of whale watching. Normally, we would just drive home right after the whale tour, but because of the location and a pretty good deal, at the MV Ayers Hotel & Spa using our AAA discount, we decided to book two nights (Friday and Saturday). We requested a King Pillow top Suite on the third floor—and got it (since the fine print mentioned they could not guarantee the type of room we requested). The desk clerk was proficient and the registration process went without a hitch.

I was surprised that the room seemed a little ‘small’, but then realized how the online photos are usually taken with wide-angle lenses. All the room’s amenities were present as listed on the website. We unpacked and settled in---my husband finding the ‘living room’ couch suitable for a nap, while I surfed the Web using the free wireless Internet connection. The ‘soaking tub’ was wonderful and the bed was very comfortable.

Friday night, after eating dinner out with friends, we brought them back to the hotel and we all had the pleasure of sitting by the ‘fire pit’ in the courtyard.

Upon returning to the hotel on Saturday night, we noticed the parking lot was pretty full and were nervous that it was going to be a noisy night, but we were pleasantly surprised how serene it was. The incredibly comfy pillow-top bed made it hard for me to get up early for my 9 a.m. Spa appointment the next morning.

Bruce and Angie of “A Spa at Ayres Hotel and Spa” made me feel very welcome to their cozy facility. I didn’t feel rushed or like I was on an ‘assembly line’ as you do in the larger day spas. My 60-minute Swedish massage with Bruce exceeded my expectations and my Signature Facial with Angie was soothing and painless.

We found the breakfast spread had many options, nicely arranged and delicious as well.

We will surely stay at the Mission Viejo Hotel & Spa in the future!

Room Tip: A pleasant, peaceful place to rest and work.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Joanie_Balonie
AyresHotels, Manager at Ayres Hotel & Spa Mission Viejo, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2011

Hi Joanie, thank you so much for sharing your positive travel experience with others! Whale watching down at Dana Point or Laguna Beach is breathtaking and we're excited you decided to make a staycation out of your trip. I see you enjoyed your King Studio Suite and secured one with a view of Oso Resevoir for a gorgeous view. Please be sure to ask if we have any available upgrades next time and we'll see if we can move you to a spacious One Bedroom Signature Suite that has separate living room from bedroom for added comfort. Thanks again for sharing!

Warm regards & safe travels,
Mat Hildebrant
Revenue & Marketing
Ayres Hotels Corporate

Reviewed February 4, 2011

I stayed @ the Mission Viejo Hotel and Spa three months ago and enjoyed the stay because the check-in was quick, the front desk staff were friendly and very helpful, the room was clean, and the bed was very comfy.
Then last week, I stayed at the Ayres in Anaheim because of the good experience at Mission Viejo Hotel & Spa. Again, the desk staff were friendly and helpful, and the room was great. My husband & I also stayed at the Alpine Ayres about a year ago - same pleasant stay. I don't usually write reviews, but I've stayed at three different Ayres, and all three have been very enjoyable.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rsmdana
Reviewed January 14, 2011

The hotel is this cute boutique hotel with great service all around. My mom and I came here for a girls one night getaway. The front desk staff was great, the pool area has a wonderful view and the rooms were perfect. We went to the spa and both of the massage therapist were spot on. Its a small spa but perfect for us. They use great massage technique and its worth it. The comp breakfast in the morning was such a great touch. They have everything from waffles to omelets, fresh fruit and many more items.
We had a wonderful time, thank you Ayers hotel staff, u made my birthday memorable.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
Courtyard Foothill Ranch Irvine East/Lake Forest
Ayres Hotel Laguna Woods
Ayres Hotel Laguna Woods
#1 of 1 in Laguna Woods

Been to Ayres Hotel & Spa Mission Viejo? Share your experiences!