“great hotel especially for the money”

Ayres Suites Mission Viejo
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Mission Viejo
GreenLeadersGold level
Potomac Falls, Virginia
“great hotel especially for the money”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

This is a great local hotel to stay in near Mission Viejo. I am a Marriott and Hilton gold member, but I prefer to stay here for its large rooms, free breakfast, and great service and hospitality. we stayed over the Christmas holidays and also through New Years.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Suites Mission Viejo, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear ras02 -

And we are thrilled to be your preference! Thank you so much for making us your choice of hotel when in the area. I am so pleased our spacious rooms and warm service keep bringing you back and that we are able to exceed the expectations set by the large brands you mentioned. We hope you will have the chance to visit again very soon.

Many thanks,

Dean Birtles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Santa Clara, California
Reviewed December 30, 2012

This is a comfortable, clean, consistently pleasant experience. We stay every year around the holidays and have a great time. The free hot breakfast is delicious and the staff is helpful and friendly.

Bakersfield, CA
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We arrived for Xmas and stayed at this lovely hotel which has the most helpful and friendly staff, nice size rooms with big comforters on the beds and best of all when you wake up there is a full breakfast waiting for you downstairs (eggs, bacons, pancakes, oatmeal, etc).

This is a lovely hotel on a hillside and further away from the freeway (about 10 miles) but worth the extra 15 minute drive to be in a serene, peaceful and beautiful setting at a really comfortable and cozy area of Mission Viejo.

Another plus...at the bottom of the hill (that the hotel sits on) there is a grocery store and small stores and places to eat which are easy to walk to (or drive). We forgot shaving cream and wanted to take flowers with us and did some quick shopping at the nearby stores.

We have stayed here many times and the pool is heated!) We highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: ask about Specials - we received the Winter rate of "3 day Winter stay" which reduced the...
Highland, California
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I came down to visit relatives in the area, the lobby was decorated incredibly and the staff was more than outstanding, the room was comforable and well appointed; the wall heating unit was a challenge as it was located next to the bed and either made the area of the room to hot or to cool in that area move the bed and exchange it with the sofa.
The Italian restruant ( can not spell it) advertised in the room refused to serve me as I was by my self a big disapointment.
Breakfast was great made for a merry christymas morning.
Frank G

Room Tip: Shower early as anytime after 8am the water presusure is a challange.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Goleta, California
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Dont stay in the 'old' wing. It's dirty, not kept up well and smells. The comforter was dirty, there was hair in the bathtub (not mine) and there were 'spots' of liquid arround the base of the toilet. The floor smelled like it used to be a smoking section and it smelled like poorly shampooed carpets...kind of a wet dog smell. Ick.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Suites Mission Viejo, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Dear Got_root -

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. I greatly apologize that your experience with us was anything less than exceptional. What you describe is unacceptable as cleanliness is of utmost importance to us. We are always more than happy to move a guest should he or she experience what you describe, and I am sorry if this option was not available in your case. And while we have never been a smoking hotel, there is the possibility that a guest was smoking inside the guestroom. If you would be kind enough to contact me directly with your room number, I will look into this immediately. As to the cleanliness issues discussed, rest assured these have reviewed at length with the Housekeeping Team to ensure no guest experiences this in the future. Again, I apologize for the situation and do hope you will give us a second opportunity to show you how remarkable a stay with us can be.

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I was there for a seminar. For the price it was a very good deal. They do a lot to make you think it is upscale. It is actually a dressed up Best Western in my opinion. You have to put your card in the wall to make your cool and heat work. So do not expect your room to be comfortable when you arrive. There are two hotels I was dropped of at the Spa one...I was told to drag my luggage to the other hotel across the property. When I asked to use the luggage rack the front desk guy said ...well OK but it is this buildings cart. I said "aren't you both owned by AYRES?" He said yes...and I said "Well you need to learn how to treat your guests!" So after being dropped off by a Limo and spending 5 hours on a flight and an hour drive in the Limo. I have to drag my luggage by myself to the other property. I was told by the lady who owns the Salon that this happens ALL the time. I do recommend to SPA really nice. They have a free breakfast...but keep in mind scrambled eggs that pour from a carton and a "ONE man show" doing it all cooking cleaning tables etc. The front desk at the property once I luged my luggage was very nice. Over all for 125.00 a night quite the deal....

Room Tip: Take your own toiletries...Their shampoo was pretty bad...I also Recommend the Italian place Piccoli...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Suites Mission Viejo, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Dear Donna -

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. While I am pleased you found the accommodations comfortable and check-in friendly, I do apologize for the luggage incident you experienced. What you describe is in no way indicative of a stay at one our hotels, so I will discuss this at length with the General Manager of the neighboring hotel. Guests should have an easy and welcoming first experience with us and we want to ensure this is the case. We appreciate your candidness and hope you will visit us again the next time you are in the area.

Fallbrook, California
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Ayres Suites in Mission Viejo is not only the BEST place to stay, but the BEST deal in the area. The staff is incredible. They have a very, very professional, kind, at-your-service staff that makes everyone feel at home and welcomed. The Hotel is ALWAYS beautiful, elegant, classy, beyond comfortable, clean...ALWAYS & at a very, very good price. Full breakfast comes with the price of the room, NOT just danish & coffee. In the evening, they have wine, beer, salad, various snacks/food (i.e. spagetti, tacos, etc) nachos & on the house. We will ONLY stay at the Ayres Suites, Mission Viejo when in Orange County, as they are consistantly the BEST place to stay & ALWAYS make you feel at home. Can't say enough good things about Ayres. Great place for meetings, too! They are right off the 241 toll road, which gives you GREAT access to the freeways in Orange County!

Room Tip: They are all great rooms & extremely comfortable beds!!!!!!! They also have 2 room suites if yo...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank PattyB215
Dear Patty -

Thank you so much for your enthusiastic recommendation! We know you have a choice of many hotels in the Orange County area and appreciate you choosing us exclusively. We are always thrilled to know that a guest finds each stay so consistently comfortable. I'm also very pleased the cleanliness of the hotel exceeds your expectations each time you stay with us. Thank you again for your review. We hope your travels bring you to the area again soon.

Warm regards,

Ayres Hotel Laguna Woods
Ayres Hotel Laguna Woods
#1 of 1 in Laguna Woods
Homewood Suites by Hilton Aliso Viejo Laguna Beach

Been to Ayres Suites Mission Viejo? Share your experiences!