“very nice room, good breakfast”

Ayres Suites Mission Viejo
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Mission Viejo
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Three of us stayed in a handicapped room which was large & comfortable, including the sofa bed. The property is quiet; we heard practically no commotion from several wedding parties (!) staying there. Hot breakfast is good.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Suites Mission Viejo, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Dear Andrew -

Thank you for allowing us to welcome you to our hotel and for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. How wonderful to know that the noise level of the property lent itself to a relaxing stay. We are very grateful that you chose us for your visit and hope you will do so again very soon.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Its just a bland, chain type hotel. I don't know why they call it suites, it's just a hotel room with a small sink and microwave in one corner. The decor is strange, they market it as a European style boutique hotel in an italian flavour, which is just laughable. Room had a strange musty odour when I arrived. On the positive front, the bed was okay, the facilities are good - busy pool, workout room and free wifi, breakfast was nothing special but perfectly acceptable, and the staff are welcoming and efficient.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank PhantomHelm

Dear PhantomHelm -

Thank you for your candid review of our hotel. While I am pleased that the service and facilities met your needs, I am sorry if your experience with us was anything less than remarkable. We are a small, family owned hotel chain of 20 properties and the family does take great care in choosing the appropriate European-inspired decor. While most guests find this, our spacious guestrooms, and meticulous service to be exceptional, I do understand this may not suit every person's taste and for that I apologize. Hopefully you will have another opportunity to visit and we will have a second chance to show you how comfortable a stay with us can be.

Regards,

Reviewed August 31, 2012

Very convenient, large rooms, great hot breakfast. The staff was very nice and accommodating. Everything was very clean and pleasant to the eye. Very accommodating to smokers by putting on first floor in the rear of the building with a patio- no contact with non-smokers. This is an added plus to non-smokers because all the smokers are not gathered around entrances smoking when you enter the hotel and no cigarette butts scattered around. Makes for a much safer alternative for smokers from another time zone. Will definitely stay at this hotel next time I visit family in the area. Note though, if you get back on the toll road and exit at Antonio Pkwy, you will be required to pay another $1.50 in toll and must have exact change- no bills!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 30, 2012

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed August 30, 2012

My wife and I stayed overnight recently at this Ayres Suites facility, which is right across the parking lot from an Ayres Hotel and Spa building. Honestly, I can't understand how Ayres can claim these rooms are suites as our room was a standard hotel room with a small refigerator and microwave, NOT in a separate room or alcove. We've stayed in Hampton Inns with standard rooms that are larger than this "suite". Also, the room decor was dated, not modern. The TV was a flat panel which was fine, but the beddings, furniture, light fixtures, etc. all harkened back to the 1960's, maybe even the 1950's. I realize that these rooms were built and decorated more recently, but that's just the style that Ayres chooses for these rooms. Are they trying to appeal to older guests? Not sure, but there were plenty of families and younger people here, and the breakfast room was overrun with them. We found the breakfast OK, though they ran out of milk and other items due to the crowd there.

On the plus side, the room was quiet enough and the beds comfortable enough to get a good night's sleep. Also, the included wireless internet worked well. If you need to stay in this part of Orange County, this is a decent choice, though I am not sure why it is rated so highly by other reviewers here. I didn't find the facility to be anything special, and to term these rooms "suites" is a joke.

Room Tip: 3rd floor on the back side seems like the quietest location.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2012

This was my fourth stay in five years. Opted to stay again at this lovely facility for 4 reasons:

1. Easy ACCESS and location so I could zip out to Long Beach and other business points in the area

2. CLOSE to family/grandchildren so I could do business around the OC and have time with them each evening. Brought my wife this time and she was then able to enjoy time during the day.

3. Wonderful and spacious ROOM with all the amenities needed (great cooked breakfast, free wifi, free parking)

4. FAIR price and value for the money. The same as other comparable hotels, but with no hidden costs for breakfast or parking or internet.

What I had forgotten was #5 - the PEOPLE there. Setting up a reservation, front desk, breakfast staff, even maintenance (I broke my glasses and a staff member worked hard to fix them so I could see again!)

Now, I must add a negative - it was FULL. Some of the days had girls' soccer teams that made for more ambient noise and crowds. But will I stay there to combine business and pleasure again? YOU BET!!

Room Tip: My wife is handicapped and main floor was best for her. BUT had we known that three of the days tha...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Friendly, close to a major highway, and clean. So, why not a five. Well, I could give it a 4 1/2, but I really like to spend less. We were there for our family reunion, so we had about 50 people. The pool was small and crowded. No shade. Usually I don't use pools, so I did not deduct for this. This hotel is trying to conserve energy. You have to put your key into a slot to use the lights and other electrical devices. If you leave the room without taking your key, you have to get another to ge in. Didn't deduct for this either. Just a little to expensive for my tastes.

Room Tip: There is only one elevator
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Suites Mission Viejo, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Dear Born2travel2 -

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to welcome you to our hotel and for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. It is wonderful to know that you found the service warm and the cleanliness up to standard. Our guests generally find a great deal of value in our hotel as we include a complimentary full American breakfast, WIFI, parking, and Manager's Reception in our rate, although I do understand that the perceived value may be different for each guest and apologize if this did not meet your needs. However, we do appreciate your review and hope you will give us a second opportunity to welcome you in the near future.

Warm regards,

#1 of 1 in Laguna Woods
Courtyard Foothill Ranch Irvine East/Lake Forest
Fairfield Inn Mission Viejo Orange County
Staybridge Suites Irvine Spectrum/Lake Forest

Been to Ayres Suites Mission Viejo? Share your experiences!