“They actually read the survey comments!”

Ayres Suites Mission Viejo
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Mission Viejo
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 28, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times on business. The first two times, I didn't bother responding to the emailed survey after my stay. Finally, I did, and I was pleasantly suprised. The next time I stayed, during the check-in process, my comments for improvement from the previous survey were recognized and addressed! I couldn't believe it! The rooms at this hotel are gigantic, the pool area great (heated pool), breakfast is awesome, and the free reciption during the week is a nice touch. There is always plenty of parking and the staff very friendly. Great hotel.

Room Tip: I haven't had a bad room yet. They are all very quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Suites Mission Viejo, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2012

Dear Becky -

It was an honor having you as a guest once again. Thank you for taking the time to inform fellow travelers about your experience at Ayres Suites Mission Viejo. Feedback from our guests is of the utmost importance, as guest response is how we go about improving the overall hotel experience to ensure the most comfortable stay possible. I appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience on our survey and am so pleased that we were able to rise to the level of your expectations. It is also wonderful to hear that you found the room and amenities, including the complimentary breakfast, to your liking. I will be sure to share your comments with the team here at the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you again.

Safe travels,

Dean Birtles

Reviewed February 27, 2012

Just stayed 1 night to minimize drive home from a party. Room was spacious and clean however a very "musty" smell upon check in. Dissipated with window open. I can only think it's the automatic electricity cut-off that is the culprit. When you are in the room, you put your cardkey on the wall to turn on the electricity. A great conservative approach but when not there maybe the air turns off? Anyway, that was the only issue but minor. Bed and linens comfortable. Breakfast was not up to par. Everything pre-prepared and in warmer by 8 AM. My guess is big batch made at 6am. Skip it and grab some Starbucks nearby.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family

Dear Adam -

Thank you so much for your review of Ayres Suites Mission Viejo. While I am pleased to know you found the room and accommodations comfortable overall, I apologize for any odor in the room and that the breakfast was not to your liking.

Most of the Ayres Hotels are equipped with energy saving devices designed to turn off electricity, including air conditioning but excluding refrigerators, when a guest leaves the room. We do take cleanliness and housekeeping responsibilities very seriously, so this lack of circulation may account for any room odor and I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

As to the breakfast, we serve fresh, cooked to order breakfast or a breakfast buffet depending on the occupancy level of the hotel. I will review your comments with the breakfast team so appropriate steps will be taken to ensure maximum freshness when occupancy levels are high.

I appreciate your comments and hope we can welcome you again soon.

Regards,

Dean Birtles

Reviewed February 7, 2012

We have just returned from our fifth year stay at Ayres Suites in Mission Viejo! This time we stayed for three weeks. We can't say enough about this hotel, the General Manager Dean Birtles and his competent and very pleasant staff. It is like our "home" away from home! The hotel is always spotless, the housekeeping staff is so hard-working and pleasant as is Miguel who looks after us serving a full breakfast, always with a smile. The rooms are very spacious and the bed so very comfortable as was the pillows! The pool area is beautiful and spotless! There is nothing negative about this hotel and we look forward to returning to the Ayres again next year!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GlenJenny
Reviewed February 1, 2012

I am very impressed with Ayres Suites-MV. The staff was warm, friendly and worthy of this classy hotel. My room was spacious, modern and clean. I slept like a baby in one of the most comfortable beds I've experienced. Even the pillows were nice and fluffy! At breakfast, I met Dean (The GM). I expressed how happy I was with everything including the hot breakfast! I'm looking forward to my next visit to South OC. You know we're I'll be staying!!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 11, 2012

When staying in Orange County I don't stay at any other hotel. The hotel has special rates during the Christmas season, which really helps with all of the other expenses associated with the holidays. The staff is courteous and very accommodating, and the rooms are very comfortable. I LOVE the beds and wonderful bed linens. The made-to-order breakfast is wonderful, and if you don't like scrambled eggs you can order them fried or as an omelet. On weeknights a light dinner and complimentary beer & wine are served, a welcome treat at the end of a long day. This is a family-owned, first class hotel at a very reasonable price!

Room Tip: We always stay on the ground floor for convenience. It is always quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 11, 2012

The front desk staff were very friendly. The beds were comfortable, I usually dont get much sleep when I stay at hotels, but I slept well here. The continental breakfast was good as well. Good experience will be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 10, 2012

This is the BEST hotel, as far as we are concerned, in Orange County. We will only stay, when in Orange County, at the Ayres Suites Mission Viejo. It is First Class all the way at reasonable prices. The At-Home-Comfort is the BEST. Our room is ALWAYS Classy, Comfortable & Clean....ALWAYS! They have pillow top beds that are very, very comfortable. The staff is beyond accommodating and takes care of any necessities at a moments notice. The staff maintains the hotel with the utmost care. There are snacks/mini dinner and wine in the evenings & breakfast is the best. Breakfast is complimentary and it is NOT just danish and coffee. There are fresh made scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, hash browns, oatmeal, fruit, cereal, juices, coffee & milk. We highly recommend staying at the Ayres Suites Mission Viejo when in Orange County as it is nestled in the foothills and yet, has freeway/toll roads access. The hotel is also close to shopping and the theater. They also have rooms for small conferences. Highly, Highly recommend this hotel!!!!!

Room Tip: They are ALL good rooms. The have 2 rooms suites if you need a larger space.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
#1 of 4 in Laguna Hills
The Hills Hotel, an Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels
Staybridge Suites Irvine Spectrum/Lake Forest
Courtyard Foothill Ranch Irvine East/Lake Forest

Been to Ayres Suites Mission Viejo? Share your experiences!