Miranda Gardens Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$155
$136
$100
Benbow Historic Inn(Garberville)
$195
$189
Travelocity
Inn of the Lost Coast(Shelter Cove)
$240
Travelocity
Best Western Country Inn(Fortuna)(Great Value!)
$158
$144
Agoda.com
Super 8 Fortuna(Fortuna)(Great Value!)
$85
$103
$100
Garberville Motel(Garberville)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfire pitthe cottagesping pongredwood treesgas stationbasketball courthumboldt redwoods state parkbagelscontinental breakfastmotor lodgehigh schoolseparate bedroomcream cheesesmall townhard boiled eggsmodern amenitiesavenue cafe
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We stayed at Miranda Gardens for just one night, as we were passing through, but when we left the next morning we felt like staying another night. The staff there was so friendly and helpful- I have rarely encountered such genuine hospitality! The rooms were very clean and ours was equipped with all the regular hotel amenities. If we were going to come back to the area, we would not hesitate to book at Miranda Gardens!

Room Tip: Ask for options when you call... there are many different types of rooms!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Marcus C
Reviewed August 16, 2013

My sister found and selected this gem based on TA reviews. She contacted the property directly and was exceedingly LUCKY to get us a last minute, one-night (cancellation) booking (in high season) all because I wanted to visit the giant sequoias. This location was a perfect staging point for us (after spending the night here) to spend the following day in the forest (+driving/stopping up and down the Avenue of the Giants). We arrived in the late afternoon and drove straight to the place based on directions. The cabins are nestled in the trees and there is an inviting swimming pool (but I resisted the temptation). Our "half" of one of the cabins (rms 12 & 13) comprised separate entries off a covered porch/deck where we each had a double bed room with a shared bathroom between us. There was a gazebo with table and seats in front of our cabin across the driveway/car park space. The decor was new and fresh in a 'rustic' theme and very clean throughout. Neither of us turned on the flat screen TVs in our rooms, nor hung anything up in the closet space (no need). After a lovely dinner in the (recommended) diner across the road, we turned in early and slept soundly. The continental breakfast provided in the tariff the following morning was fantastic (my sister said it was what she was expecting). I was overwhelmed by the selection/variety offered-cereals/muesli/oatmeal, fruit selection, toast/muffins/pastries/bagels, yoghurt/cream cheese/jams, tea & coffee varieties, margarine/butter/milk x2/half & half. There was a toaster, refrigerator and a microwave to use plus coffee urns x2 and hot water. After checking out, we set out on our journey/adventure replete and refreshed. Thoroughly recommend this spot - could easily return and spend time here communing with nature in comfort.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Aussie-Moi
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I was looking for a place to stay on the Avenue of the Giants and found this place online. It was last minute and looked ok on their web site so I took a chance. I have to say their web site does not do this place justice! Our cabin was great - immaculately clean and very comfortable and the vibe of this property is great! Nestled in towering redwoods, it looks like the kind of place that families come year after year! The staff is great and they serve an amazing continental breakfast! And the rates are extremely reasonable! Under $100 for a very nice cabin with AAA discount!

Room Tip: Room 2A is perfect for two if you don't need kitchen facilities.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Our cabin had two bedrooms and a central bathroom.
It was very clean, there was parking at the door and the big trees on the property were lovely.
The bed was good and there was next to no noise during the night.
Dinner at the cafe over the road was excellent too!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I have never written a review on trip advisor but feel compelled to for Miranda Gardens. It is perfectly located and next door to a nice cafe, small grocery store with the basics, and across the street from a tues evening farmers market. We stayed in 4A which was next door to a children's play set (swings etc), ping pong table, basketball, horse shoes and the fire pit. My kids also loved the swimming pool. A large fire is started promptly at 8:00 p.m. with plenty of wood to keep it burning for as long as you would like. Miranda Gardens is a ma and pa motel that feels more like home. The staff are Very accommodating and helpful and always with a smile. The continental breakfast was lovely as well. Our home was a one bedroom with a pull out couch for the kids. They brought us a roll away bed that was much more comfortable than the couch. It was very clean, kitchen was stocked with cooking necessities, though we ate out so I did not pay close attention. Driving through the park I think our location and the set up was the best I saw. If I ever make it back to Hombolt we will definitely stay at Miranda. Thanks Michelle and Jackie for Everything!!

• Stayed: July 2013