Miranda Gardens Resort
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Miranda
See available hotels
Lone Pine Motel(Garberville)
Garberville Motel(Garberville)
Benbow Historic Inn(Garberville)
View Hotel
Inn of the Lost Coast(Shelter Cove)
View Hotel
The Journeys End(Mad River)
View Hotel
All reviewsfire pitthe cottagesping pongredwood treesgas stationbasketball courthumboldt redwoods state parkbagelscontinental breakfastmotor lodgehigh schoolseparate bedroomcream cheesesmall townhard boiled eggsmodern amenitiesavenue cafe
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Last Saturday, I got married at Miranda Gardens and Resort. What a wonderful experience! My friends and family stayed in the super comfortable, nicely decorated cabins, and the ceremony and wedding were held on the beautiful grounds. Everyone at Miranda Gardens was so nice, the continental breakfast was great, and everyone had a lot of fun. The garden was where we had the ceremony, and the basketball court was where we ate and danced. The playground right next to the basketball court was perfect so everyone with kids could still be at the wedding while their kids played. At night, we had a s'mores buffet around the campfire, which was also lots of fun. There was a pool there but nobody had time to use it. Planning my wedding was a little intimidating since I chose the location while living in Boston, but Miranda Gardens came highly recommended and I was pretty sure I'd made the right choice. Now, after the wedding, I'm positive I made the right choice. Another thing is Miranda Gardens is an ideal place for unique wedding photos, we got silly ones hiding behind trees, on the swings, and playing horse shoe, and more serious ones with the sunlight streaming through the redwoods as the back drop. I highly recommend Miranda Gardens for weddings, other events, or for a weekend in the Redwoods. You can see more wedding pics at http://www.leonvillagomez.com/2013/07/19/lisa-brian/

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Lisa G
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for one night in June on a touring trip that took us through the redwoods of Humboldt State Park and the amazing Avenue of the Giants. What a great choice! Reception was very warm and helpful and the cabin was just perfect for two. Everything clean, bed comfortable, bathroom higher grade than expected. Outside the pool was small but perfect for an evening cool off. There was a great pizza restaurant across the road and a Miranda gardens bonfire later where you could meet and chat with some of the other guests. The whole experience just seemed to fit being in the forest.

We stayed in cabin #2 near the road but had no issue with noise - this is not a major road. Some of the other cabins cater more to families and have kitchens etc.

Breakfast in the lobby was standard fare - pastries, muffins, yogurt, juice and coffee - but perfectly adequate. The lobby also had a good selection of books, maps and guides to help plan one's day.

I would recommend Miranda Gardens unreservedly for couples or families - it has the right feel of being rustic/camping cabin with very comfortable facilities and services.

One final point - I left my camera bag with camera and lenses in my room. I received a call to let me know and was able to turn around and make the short drive back to get it. The prompt service and call saved me a lot of worry and upset and meant I was able to keep taking photos during the remainder of our vacation. Small thing but means a lot.

Would I stay there again? Absolutely - and I would look forward to it. You should too!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Peter J
Reviewed July 7, 2013

My family reunion stayed here for 2 nights. We rented 4 cabins (10 adults and 8 kids). The location in the redwoods was great. We were only 5 minutes from the state park-with lots of little kids it was nice to not have to spend a lot of time in the car to get to where we were going. The cabins were clean with plenty of room. The property has a heated pool, a playground, ping-pong table, horseshoes, basketball hoop and a fire pit with a nightly fire (at least while we were there). After a morning of walking in the redwoods we would go back to nap the little kids and there was plenty for the kids kids to do-perfect! There is a well stocked store in front and a nice breakfast in the morning-yogurts, bagels, cereals, muffins, juices, breads. There was lots of it and it was filling.
I would be happy to stay here again.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kenneybee
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We stayed one night in Miranda Gardens. It was very pleasant. We wished our schedule had allowed us another night is this beautiful, unique location. What could be better than staying in a cabin in a redwood forest? This would be a great place to take a family in that they have a pool, hiking trail nearby and a campfire. We were impressed by the friendly staff. Please note: the cabins do not have AC as it is usually not needed. It can be cool here even in June. Unfortunately, our stay (July 1) was during an unusual heat wave. The fan we were provided greatly helped to make the cabin comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Daniel R
Reviewed June 30, 2013

My husband and two children stayed here in June and were very happy with our choice. We stayed in cabin #6 and there was plenty of room for all of us. The kitchen was small but functional with utensils and dishes supplied. The fireplace was an added bonus we used a lot more than we anticipated as the nights were still cool in June. The cottages are all in the redwoods, so the temperature does stay comfortable during the day also. The breakfast in the lobby was good with pastries, muffins, yogurt, juice and coffee, though some fruit would have been nice. The staff was friendly and did help with any problems or questions we had. On the last day we were there the housekeeper just knocked once and immediately used her key to come into our cottage before we had a chance to answer the door. She said she didn't see our car and thought we were gone. We hadn't checked out yet and it wasn't check out time yet anyway, so I think she really should have knocked and actually waited instead of immediately opening the door with her key. The garbage truck early in the morning is annoying, but that isn't anything the owners could control. I would recommend a cabin away from the road like 5, 6, 7, 8 or 9.

Room Tip: Cabins away from the road would be quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family