“West mex? Cali mex?”

Cuisines: Mexican
Austin, Texas
“West mex? Cali mex?”
Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

What do you call this type of food in the west coast??

Call ahead to make sure they are serving from the menu when you plan on going. The have an all you can eat buffet prior to the time they begin serving off the menu. Never experienced that before. I liked the little scoop of cornbread with my entree. (Never had that before) Plates were over priced in my opinion but I don't live in Cali...Food wasn't as authentic as I hoped it to be. I'm from tx so if I order a crispy beef taco then im expecting ground beef not pulled chucks of beef (brisket style). The type of beef was not listed on the menu. Not my style at all but bad. Coronas were $6 and warm. I asked for my beer dressed and I had a LEMON put in it.
Dressed= Salt + Lime
Well at least that's how they do it everywhere else I've been. I expected much more and got a lot less.

• Korean first
San Jose, California, USA
“Extremely slow service and badly overcooked food”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

The initial experience when we arrived was nice. We sat outside and ordered Margaritas to got with the chips and salsa that they brought. The salsa was really nice and the Margaritas were acceptable, but not great. It didn't take too long for our server to take our order.

The food took the best part of an hour to come out and when it did it was so dry and inedible that it seems to me like it was sat under a heat lamp for 20+ minutes after it came out of the kitchen. The server never came back to check on how the food was so I asked at the bar to speak to her to explain the situation. In their defense they removed the uneaten food from the bill without a fuss, but as it had taken almost an hour to get the initial food I didn't have time to wait for anything else. I ended up leaving without eating anything other than some chips and salsa.

There is always plenty of competition for Mexican restaurants and there are many other places that I will visit rather than this one based on my experience.

Visited March 2014
Woodland, California
“Baseball weekend at Twin Creeks”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Service was very slow and it took a while to receive our food. We had a large crowd but we were constantly asking for water our to refill our drinks. The place was not crowded at all. Our orders were all messed up as well.

Visited February 2014
San Francisco, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This place continues to please”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Even after 10 years, this is my go to place for lunch, dinner, drinks, etc with friends and fam. Service is always great and the food is obviously amazing. I wish there were more locations in California, but any time I'm in NorCal, this is my first stop!

• Visited February 2014
San Jose, California
“El Torrito lunch buffet”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

El Torrito has a wonderful weekly lunch buffet. Plenty of seating and food is kept both warm and fresh. Love their thin tortilla chips and tropical ice tea.

Visited December 2013