“Small room; comfortable bed”

Courtyard Milpitas Silicon Valley
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
Reviewed June 9, 2013

In the past, most of my hotel stays have been as a single business traveler. When traveling with a companion, I find the rooms here very small. The space between the sofa and the end of the bed is less than 12". That makes it difficult for the person sleeping on the left side of the bed to get out.
The bed is comfortable and the room is contemporary. We appreciate the complimentary water.
The hotel staff we interacted with--especially at the bistro--were friendly and accommodating.
The courtyard rooms are quiet.
As others have mentioned, the location is convenient to freeways and to the mall and to light rail.
Our rate included breakfast food at the bistro, but we don't know if this is standard, or if it is a premium for platinum level travelers. The food in the bistro is fresh and good.
My husband is hot-blooded and I was cold, so I got the extra blanket out of the closet. It was worn, torn and generally in very bad condition. I think Mr Marriott would be appalled.

Room Tip: Request 3rd floor, courtyard.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1Guest_Relations, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Milpitas Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Thank you for your response. We are constantly improving our product and appreciate your feedback on the issues you have come across during your stay. I will make sure to pass this review along to the housekeeping department so they can make the noted improvements. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our Bistro during your stay. We hope to accommodate you again when you are in the area!

Gina M.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

This hotel is quite convenient for a a business trip, it has a great location as you can just walk to the shopping mall and restaurants and it has access to two main roads so you can easily access the nearest freeway. And although they are close to crowded areas (shopping mall, school and main roads) the hotel has a nice and quiet environment. Also they have completed the lobby remodeling and they keep improving the room services (flat tv, radio alarm with ipod connector, etc.). They keep all the facilities clean, they have free parking and the new restaurant services they offer are just good enough for a business traveler. Finally I would say that the service is really good, everyone is so friendly and trying to help you in any request.
My only request is that this hotel should install safety box inside the rooms.

Room Tip: Try to choose a front or left wing side room away from noisy main road (Montague Av)
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Alex F
1Guest_Relations, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Milpitas Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Thank you for sharing you woderful experience! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. And thank you for your suggestion, as we are always trying to improve our refreshing stay. We hope we to see you the next time you visit Silicon Valley!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The photos on this hotel's website are exactly the way this place appears. Very clean, modern exterior and interior, comfortable tropical feel to courtyard. I so enjoyed relaxing around the outdoor fire pit and inside the large cozy indoor area. It came as a nice surprise because many times I get cabin fever being confined to my room. After being seated in an all day conference in San Jose I welcomed the tension release provided by the indoor sauna. The exercise room was well equipped. My room was spotless, no lingering odors, soft towels, both pillows and bed provided a great nights sleep. The parking is within a well lit area that surrounds the building. All staff greeted me with a genuine smile. Very easy access to 680, 880, and 237. I searched for a hotel in Milipitas for both the ease commute to San Jose, less big city noise, and a reasonable price per night. It's not very common for me to say that my overnight accommodations were "under" the price I expected to pay. I was very elated!!

Room Tip: Request a room upstairs and not near the elevator or entry/exit doors to hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank njoynlifeCalifornia
1Guest_Relations, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Milpitas Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Thank you for sharing your great experience. We are pleased to hear you had such a refreshing stay, and we look forward to having you stay agin the time you are in the area!

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Well run, clean and maintained hotel situated close to all the major highways in the area. The staff are friendly and helpful. Breakfast is a Starbucks counter style with the usual muffin, tea biscuits and yogurts and stuff. The hotel is well position and very close to the Great Mall (but you are not affected by the traffic and the usual noise associated with that type of location) which has a very large selection of shops plus several of the higher end restaurants to have a meal in the evenings and weekends. Well worth a visit.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing your outstanding stay! We strive to provide the Marriott Experience everyone has come to expect, and it's always great to hear how we have done just that. We invite you to stay with us again during your next trip to Silicon Valley!

Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

It is the new style Courtyard with the bar and resturaunt just off the lobby. Nice if you want a quick drink or bite to eat. It is located next to the great mall. It's probably 1/2 mile walk to the mall entrance.

During my stay rented a King room and a room with two double beds with an adjoining door between the two. Over all the rooms were nice. I would definitely stay here again.

Couple things that could be improved: while I was very happy to see power outlets on the lamps on each side of the king bed, the outlets were very loose and would not hold my small iPhone charger.

Another thing that is kind of odd is the TV in the King room was on the left side of the bed. Since the TV is sitting low on the furniture it makes it kind of hard the the person who gets the right side of the bed to see. I prefer the TV in front of the bed.

I chose to stay here since my kids wanted to go to Dave and Busters for dinner. Dave and Busters is about a mile away in the great mall. After checking in my daughter noticed a coupon on the back of the room key for Dave and Busters. Get one free appetizer with a paid entree. My kids tend to just order appetizers as there dinner so it ended up saving me $30 on dinner.

Overall nice hotel. Need a little bit of work on the details. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013
1Guest_Relations, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Milpitas Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thank you for your response. We are constantly improving our product and appreciate your feedback on the issues you have come across during your stay. We hope to accommodate you again when you are in the area!

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Stayed here for a week while on a business trip to Silicon Valley. This hotel is right beside the Milpitas Mall so there is plenty to do after the business day. This hotel was clean and the bed was one of the most comfortable I've slept on. The staff were friendly and the food at the in-house bistro was very good. I had no problems with security or the area around the hotel. It was all very well lit and regardless of the previous reviews I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review! We have an amazing group of guest service experts that help make your stay a refreshing one. We invite you to stay with again during your next trip to the area!

Reviewed November 22, 2012

Traveled for 5 days and stayed at Courtyard Marriott in Milpitas. It was an OK stay. I usually love staying at Marriott Hotels because of service and cleanliness.

Upon arrival on Thursday, November 17 - we had a not so happy representative check us is. I felt like she wanted to rush me to check in. Although, the graveyard representative was very attentive and kind.

PROS:
- Rooms and bed were comfortable.
- Great location. Next to Great Mall (walking distance), within minutes to Santana Row.
- Quiet.

CONS:
- Housekeeping never fully cleaned the room. I checked my fridge and saw there was Panda Express to go boxes sitting in there. I left them there and upon check out on Monday ... they were still there.

- I left my Chanel and Kiehl's facewash in the bathtub. I checked out of the room for 1 night to stay with family - I called roughly 10 hours later to let them know I left it there and they said housekeeping never found anything.

I most likely will not return to this specific location.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1Guest_Relations, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Milpitas Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We sincerely apologize for your experience. We take these comments very seriously and we would like to discuss them in detail with you at your earliest convenience. Please contact our Operations Manager directly at 408-719-1966. Please refer to this review when contacting us. We look forward to working with you to resolve this issue.