“Good hotel well situated for the "Great Mall"”

Courtyard Milpitas Silicon Valley
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
Canada
“Good hotel well situated for the "Great Mall"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

Well run, clean and maintained hotel situated close to all the major highways in the area. The staff are friendly and helpful. Breakfast is a Starbucks counter style with the usual muffin, tea biscuits and yogurts and stuff. The hotel is well position and very close to the Great Mall (but you are not affected by the traffic and the usual noise associated with that type of location) which has a very large selection of shops plus several of the higher end restaurants to have a meal in the evenings and weekends. Well worth a visit.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1Guest_Relations, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Milpitas Silicon Valley, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for sharing your outstanding stay! We strive to provide the Marriott Experience everyone has come to expect, and it's always great to hear how we have done just that. We invite you to stay with us again during your next trip to Silicon Valley!

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

It is the new style Courtyard with the bar and resturaunt just off the lobby. Nice if you want a quick drink or bite to eat. It is located next to the great mall. It's probably 1/2 mile walk to the mall entrance.

During my stay rented a King room and a room with two double beds with an adjoining door between the two. Over all the rooms were nice. I would definitely stay here again.

Couple things that could be improved: while I was very happy to see power outlets on the lamps on each side of the king bed, the outlets were very loose and would not hold my small iPhone charger.

Another thing that is kind of odd is the TV in the King room was on the left side of the bed. Since the TV is sitting low on the furniture it makes it kind of hard the the person who gets the right side of the bed to see. I prefer the TV in front of the bed.

I chose to stay here since my kids wanted to go to Dave and Busters for dinner. Dave and Busters is about a mile away in the great mall. After checking in my daughter noticed a coupon on the back of the room key for Dave and Busters. Get one free appetizer with a paid entree. My kids tend to just order appetizers as there dinner so it ended up saving me $30 on dinner.

Overall nice hotel. Need a little bit of work on the details. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013
1Guest_Relations, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Milpitas Silicon Valley, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for your response. We are constantly improving our product and appreciate your feedback on the issues you have come across during your stay. We hope to accommodate you again when you are in the area!

Troy, AL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

Stayed here for a week while on a business trip to Silicon Valley. This hotel is right beside the Milpitas Mall so there is plenty to do after the business day. This hotel was clean and the bed was one of the most comfortable I've slept on. The staff were friendly and the food at the in-house bistro was very good. I had no problems with security or the area around the hotel. It was all very well lit and regardless of the previous reviews I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review! We have an amazing group of guest service experts that help make your stay a refreshing one. We invite you to stay with again during your next trip to the area!

Salt Lake City, Utah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

Traveled for 5 days and stayed at Courtyard Marriott in Milpitas. It was an OK stay. I usually love staying at Marriott Hotels because of service and cleanliness.

Upon arrival on Thursday, November 17 - we had a not so happy representative check us is. I felt like she wanted to rush me to check in. Although, the graveyard representative was very attentive and kind.

PROS:
- Rooms and bed were comfortable.
- Great location. Next to Great Mall (walking distance), within minutes to Santana Row.
- Quiet.

CONS:
- Housekeeping never fully cleaned the room. I checked my fridge and saw there was Panda Express to go boxes sitting in there. I left them there and upon check out on Monday ... they were still there.

- I left my Chanel and Kiehl's facewash in the bathtub. I checked out of the room for 1 night to stay with family - I called roughly 10 hours later to let them know I left it there and they said housekeeping never found anything.

I most likely will not return to this specific location.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1Guest_Relations, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Milpitas Silicon Valley, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We sincerely apologize for your experience. We take these comments very seriously and we would like to discuss them in detail with you at your earliest convenience. Please contact our Operations Manager directly at 408-719-1966. Please refer to this review when contacting us. We look forward to working with you to resolve this issue.

San Jose, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

Stay away from this hotel. This is simply not a safe place to stay.

My cousins stayed here during 9/28 and 10/1. All of their possessions were stolen. EVERYTHING, even the dental braces. A man simply walked through the front lobby and got into their room while it was being house-kept and took away everything and exited again through the front door. The total loss for my cousins is above $7,000, not counting lost wages (one of them works abroad and his passport and work visa got stolen as part of this and is now stuck here).

The hotel, while being courteous, didn't or couldn't do anything to help but simply referred us to Marriott's claim office. My cousins finally heard back from Marriott's claim office on 10/6 and the adjuster said Marriott is not responsible for this since the hotel did everything by protocol.

I don't know which protocol allows strangers in our rooms and take away everything. It's no better than sleeping off the street--anyone can just walk up to this hotel's room and take away everything and the hotel would claim no responsibility.

My cousin is still stuck in this country without a visa to return home. Marriott thus far has done absolutely nothing to help. My cousins have been shelving for all the cost to get all their stolen stuffs replaced.

During their stay, they also had a homeless guy following them inside the hotel lobby one night.

I recommend staying away from this property if you are concerned about safety.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank IceBlueZebra
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding our hotel. We are aware of the events that took place, and we regret the experience your family members had during their stay. We have addressed the concerns directly with the hotel guests. We are working towards a suitable resolution. Please contact a member of our management team if you would like to further discuss this.

Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

My husband and I stayed here 4 nights over Labor Day weekend and were extremely happy with the place. Our clean and comfortably sized room was on the 3rd floor overlooking the courtyard and pool. It was very quiet in the evenings and we both got good sleep each night on the better-than-average hotel bed. The AC worked very well, too. Every staff member we encountered was super friendly and helpful. The breakfast sandwiches from the Bistro downstairs were tasty. If we have to return to Milpitas in the future, we would certainly stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for a 3rd level room overlooking the courtyard rather than the street for less noise.