“Excellent location”

Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
Troy, AL
“Excellent location”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Stayed here for a week while on a business trip to Silicon Valley. This hotel is right beside the Milpitas Mall so there is plenty to do after the business day. This hotel was clean and the bed was one of the most comfortable I've slept on. The staff were friendly and the food at the in-house bistro was very good. I had no problems with security or the area around the hotel. It was all very well lit and regardless of the previous reviews I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1Guest_Relations, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Milpitas Silicon Valley, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for your review! We have an amazing group of guest service experts that help make your stay a refreshing one. We invite you to stay with again during your next trip to the area!

Guest Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Traveled for 5 days and stayed at Courtyard Marriott in Milpitas. It was an OK stay. I usually love staying at Marriott Hotels because of service and cleanliness.

Upon arrival on Thursday, November 17 - we had a not so happy representative check us is. I felt like she wanted to rush me to check in. Although, the graveyard representative was very attentive and kind.

PROS:
- Rooms and bed were comfortable.
- Great location. Next to Great Mall (walking distance), within minutes to Santana Row.
- Quiet.

CONS:
- Housekeeping never fully cleaned the room. I checked my fridge and saw there was Panda Express to go boxes sitting in there. I left them there and upon check out on Monday ... they were still there.

- I left my Chanel and Kiehl's facewash in the bathtub. I checked out of the room for 1 night to stay with family - I called roughly 10 hours later to let them know I left it there and they said housekeeping never found anything.

I most likely will not return to this specific location.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1Guest_Relations, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Milpitas Silicon Valley, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We sincerely apologize for your experience. We take these comments very seriously and we would like to discuss them in detail with you at your earliest convenience. Please contact our Operations Manager directly at 408-719-1966. Please refer to this review when contacting us. We look forward to working with you to resolve this issue.

San Jose, California
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Stay away from this hotel. This is simply not a safe place to stay.

My cousins stayed here during 9/28 and 10/1. All of their possessions were stolen. EVERYTHING, even the dental braces. A man simply walked through the front lobby and got into their room while it was being house-kept and took away everything and exited again through the front door. The total loss for my cousins is above $7,000, not counting lost wages (one of them works abroad and his passport and work visa got stolen as part of this and is now stuck here).

The hotel, while being courteous, didn't or couldn't do anything to help but simply referred us to Marriott's claim office. My cousins finally heard back from Marriott's claim office on 10/6 and the adjuster said Marriott is not responsible for this since the hotel did everything by protocol.

I don't know which protocol allows strangers in our rooms and take away everything. It's no better than sleeping off the street--anyone can just walk up to this hotel's room and take away everything and the hotel would claim no responsibility.

My cousin is still stuck in this country without a visa to return home. Marriott thus far has done absolutely nothing to help. My cousins have been shelving for all the cost to get all their stolen stuffs replaced.

During their stay, they also had a homeless guy following them inside the hotel lobby one night.

I recommend staying away from this property if you are concerned about safety.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank IceBlueZebra
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding our hotel. We are aware of the events that took place, and we regret the experience your family members had during their stay. We have addressed the concerns directly with the hotel guests. We are working towards a suitable resolution. Please contact a member of our management team if you would like to further discuss this.

Guest Relations

Travelers are raving about these Milpitas hotels

Austin, Texas
Reviewed September 12, 2012

My husband and I stayed here 4 nights over Labor Day weekend and were extremely happy with the place. Our clean and comfortably sized room was on the 3rd floor overlooking the courtyard and pool. It was very quiet in the evenings and we both got good sleep each night on the better-than-average hotel bed. The AC worked very well, too. Every staff member we encountered was super friendly and helpful. The breakfast sandwiches from the Bistro downstairs were tasty. If we have to return to Milpitas in the future, we would certainly stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for a 3rd level room overlooking the courtyard rather than the street for less noise.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed August 6, 2012

The best way to describe the hotel was average. The location was great if you want to be near the mall but that wasn't a concern for me. The rooms were a little small but clean overall. The room I was assigned was at the end of the hall and overlooking the street so it was was extremely noisy at night. I imagine a room overlooking the pool would be much quieter. All in all you'd be WAY better off staying at the Hyatt House Silicon Valley (on Headquarters Dr.). It's a much nicer hotel with newer, bigger rooms, a way better breakfast, all for the same price range.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Sliver24
California
Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

Nice hotel with a great location....very close to the Great Mall. I had a room with a small balcony, which was nice to have. The room was clean, the mattress was a little to firm for me so it was a bit uncomfortable. Also the mini fridge didn't work very well, at the coldest setting it was just slightly cold inside.

The only issue I had was that there was a large group staying at the hotel and they were in the hallway outside my room laughing & yelling from 11pm til about 1am. Very annoying when you are trying to sleep. I had to go outside and tell them to pipe down.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank mamason
Boston
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Old hotel conveniently across the Great Mall decently renovated. Room is very small. Housekeeping isn't good cause I saw stain on bedsheet, hair on sofabed, sand and dirt on bed that were supposedly clean. Wifi here is stupid cause it did work most of the time; luckily I picked up free signal from the Townplace next door instead. I went downstair to ask for a 'complimentary' comb and the frontdesk girl wanted to charge me $2 bucks for it. I recommend you pick a Motel 6 for a better and cleaner experience at 1/3 the price.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family