“Excellent customer service!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
San Jose, California
“Excellent customer service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

Alicia Ochoa was very professional when handling my check-in at the front desk. She had a smile on her face the whole time! She was very friendly and helpful and went out of her way to make sure my stay was enjoyable. I will definitely return because of the exceptional service I received.

• Stayed May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Niceville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

Our stay was short but a good value on Price Line about $90 with taxes. Rated in the 2 stars, bid $65, Good Laundry room easy access, stove top full size fridge, plates, cups, pans, silverware. Bad :no ice maker, No daily maid service, no lobby coffee, no continental breakfast. Room service did open the door at 9:30 without a good knock on the door.
Good rest spot before a red eye return. So called grab and go breakfast bag. SOSO we did no get it. What I did like was Priceline would allow us to extend our stay for the same price.

Room Tip: NO ice maker, Full size fridge. Good for the longer stays. Pickup a bag of ice if you don't...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Louis - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the amenities provided in your room and the free parking we offer. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.
Tirunelveli, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014

we stayed for a period of 30 days. good location. easy access.well connected by VTA nearer to greatmal many restaurants around affordable well maintained good service good breakfast good atmosphere u can go for a good morning walk unpoluted air fresh air might be very cold in winter better have a warm covering even in summer

Room Tip: u can stay in any room closer to lift is good
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed our location and the great service provided by our staff during your stay. As well, it's great to hear that you were pleased with our grab-and-go breakfast and the overall atmosphere of our hotel. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
San Diego, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2014

I am actually stunned at the lack of service and outright abuse we have received at this location.

I booked through priceline, so perhaps you have a resentment over the pricing?

Upon arrival, the woman at the front desk (Joyce) did not greet us for nearly 5 minutes, instead being on the phone in an adjacent room. When she did at last emerge it was with curt language that made clear we were interrupting her evening and this was not welcome.

My partner and I checked in nonetheless with some just purchased groceries, having made the assumption the hotel room would include the amenities as advertised.

Unfortunately, the refrigerator/freezer is more decorative than functional in our room. I called the front desk and Joyce said nothing after I shared the predicament. So I asked into the silence what she was going to do and she said "I'm not going to do anything about it. The maintenance person is not here until tomorrow."

I asked for another room and was told the place is full. I recalled there is a number to call for issues with the property downstairs, so I went to get it and Joyce was on the phone with Grace (apparently the manager) and told her that the cleaning crew had not been on time and there are numerous rooms still dirty.

After that call, I asked her who Grace was, she said the manager and that her only suggestion was to call the complaint line. Awesome. I told her that a little customer service goes a long way. Anyone in any business knows things go wrong and before I could finish she started screaming at me, threatened to call a "homie" and the started dialing her phone.

Now feeling rather stuck on a holiday weekend in a room with $40 of food going bad and threats from downstairs.

Is this just a bad movie, or they you actually treat people this way?

Room Tip: Sleep in your car for more comfort
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Nathan_LK

Travelers are raving about these Milpitas hotels

San Luis Obispo, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

I stayed at the Extended Stay overnight for some medical appointments for my son. I was just looking for a simple place for us to stay that would be reasonably priced and quiet. Extended Stay in Milpitas is quite reasonably priced. When we went to the room I realized there was no shampoo/conditioner. I asked for some at the front desk, and was told that the entire hotel was out.

That shampoo/conditioner is a minor issue in my opinion. The next issue was the bigger one- the air conditioning did not work. I discover this after my son fell asleep. Not wanting to make my son change rooms when he was already in bed asleep, I tried opening the window to allow cool air in and realized the screens were not secure. This is a major safety risk as the windows were big enough for a 5-year-old to climb through, and we were on the 3rd floor.

It was also very noisy in the hotel until about 11PM. I had specifically asked for a quite section of the hotel since we had to get up early for appointments, but it was very loud- I could hear the TV of the person next door, as well as the same person talking on the phone.

Room Tip: If you are at the back of the hotel, the lights from the Embassy Suites across the parking lot are e...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jen H
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

1. The hotel MGR was extremely rude, I walked up to the front desk & she immediately said "check in is @3" she didn't even look me in the eye to acknowledge me. As I waited an hour in the lobby to check in, she was on the phone the entire time complaining about her job
3. TV in my room wouldn't turn on
4. I broke out into hives from the linens
5. Fridge had a lingering odor
6. Walls are paper thin
7. It felt like a damp dorm room
8. Breakfast is decent. I grabbed a muffin everyday
9. Parking is limited. There is a sketchy parking lot between the hotel and the embassy. Good luck
10. There's a Safeway and misc shopping area right next door. Mall is ten mins away.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank A_renee10
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry that our staff did not attend to your needs in a professional manner. As well, I am sorry for the issues you had with your TV, linens and refrigerator. I will be meeting with our staff to ensure these issues do not continue in the future. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at sjp@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

This is an expensive area and this hotel has some of the best rates. But it's definitely a mixed bag - let's start with the positives first. I slept well here. It seemed to be a fairly quiet & mostly professional crowd here. AC / heating unit worked well. There was hot water in the mornings and the coffee was decent. There is a medium sized flat screen TV with a decent selection of channels including Showtime.

On the mixed side was the Wi-Fi and the furnishings. Wi-Fi worked well much of the time but got spotty in the late evening as load increased. I found I had to change to my Mi-Fi unit about 9:30 every night to have decent internet. The furnishings are very basic. In my room, the bottom drawers were all of their tracks and not working well. Only 4 hangers in the room - not exactly a recipe for an "extended" stay. There is a fairly complete mini-kitchen but low numbers of utensils - including no forks in my case. The breakfast is very basic - a selection of instant oatmeals, plastic-wrapped muffins, and a fruit. The fruit varied from apples to oranges - one day the fruit was all out. The mattress doesn't appear to be a very high quality type though I did sleep fine on it.

On the negative side, there's no workout room of any kind. You can walk in the area and find a fairly nice neighborhood and park area nearby. While the room was fairly clean, there are a lot of stains in things like the comforter and the curtains. If you're fastidious, this may bother you. My shower curtain had some black mildew on the bottom. There was no stopper in the drain for the shower / tub.

So, if you're really on a budget or can't find other options, you can probably stay here and get a decent night's sleep. But it's a bare bones option for sure.

Room Tip: Facing the parking lot (away from the large street and highway) is probably a good thing here for no...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business