“Dont Waste your Money or Time!”

Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas
Ranked #16 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I was scheduled to stay at this hotel for a week. Upon arrival, I knew I had made a mistake. The room had a dank mildew smell. The elevator buttons and lamps in room were taped with masking tape. Appliances were old and were not clean. The next morning I was told the rooms are only cleaned every 8 days, when I was only scheduled to be there for 5. There is free internet however it was very slow. There were no vending machines or ice machines. We decided to cancel, and move to another hotel. The price per night was too expensive in comparison to the quality of the hotel and amenities.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that the room you checked into had a bad smell. I met with the staff, and discussed the importance of having the room smell fresh, to ensure that is not repeated.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please contact me, at sjp@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Unfortunately can't give less than one star
Appliance not functioning including lamps Stove fan
Weird smell like mildew
Grab and go breakfast is coffee and a muffin if they refill
Fire alarm went off twice in a week
Free wireless slow but you can pay or faster
Small washer 2 bucks per cycle
Unfriendly reception
Maintenance people friendly though
I won't be back

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I felt like i was home. The service was great the rooms comfy the area quiet it was a great experiance... I Arrived and was treated with great respect my son enjoyed the room as well the rooms make you feel like your home

• Stayed: September 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. Thank you for your kind comments about our staff's service and your room. We are so glad to read that you and your son felt like you were home while staying at our hotel.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

We stayed at the Hotel for about a month during our trip to San Jose. For starters this is not the usual type of hotel with service at your fingertips. The concept is different and it is more in line with that of a service apartment where you are left on your own after being provided some basic amenities. For instance room cleaning is only weekly but at the same time you can get toiletries, linen etc any time you want, The room has facility for limited cooking and a self service laundry. I find this sort of an arrangement better than the normal hotel where you are constantly barraged by the service staff.

The location of the hotel is good but would require your own vehicle as the public transport is not dependable. Price is also reasonable in a busy season (at about $ 100 a day for 4 persons). The staff were friendly and I enjoyed my daily chat over the grab and go breakfast with Carl.

Room Tip: Rooms on the third floor
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Rashid - The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such nice things about our property and team, especially Carl. I'm thrilled that your stay has been an enjoyable and comfortable one.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed for 9 months in this hotel and it was a good experience. The free breakfast and kitchen in the room helped us feel like home.

I wish there were some more TV channels than what they have right now.

Best Value for money.

Room Tip: Choose top floor if you dont want to listen to foot tapping sound from the floor above.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank A S
Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

While on business in San Jose, CA I stayed at an Extended Stay. It was just ok nothing great. I'm finding that more and more hotels housekeeping have become very lazy. The sheets on the bed had built in dirt and the curtains were stained with God knows what. Next time I'm in this area my choice will be different.

• Stayed: April 2013
Property M, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of Extended Stay America Milpitas. I would like to apologize for the cleanliness issues you experience while staying with us. Given our companies commitment to providing fresh and clean rooms for all our guests it is very dis-heartening to read about your stay. We have strict room inspection guidelines to follow before every guest arrival, clearly we had a breakdown in this process and I assure you that we have taken measure to ensure that this does not happen again. We are all about making things right for our guests and we want to do just that for you. Please feel free to contact the hotel at any time and ask to speak to a member of our management team and we will be sure to take care of you. Again, thank you for your review, we count on our guests to let us know how we are doing so we know where we may need to focus our attention to make sure every guest has a great stay. With Hospitality, the Management at Extended Stay America Milpitas.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Couldn't ask for a better hotel. The people were.very nice and the coffee was always fresh. I have been staying at the hotel for the past three months and it was very home felt. The kitchen had all of the amenities you could ask for and my time spent here was very much relaxing.

• Stayed: March 2013
Property M, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

We would like to thank you for your recent kind words you published about our hotel Extended Stay America Milpitas. It sounds as if we were just what you needed to be comfortable while traveling. Our spacious guest suites with fully equipped kitchens give you that home away from home feel at all our locations nationwide. We believe in providing excellent accommodations coupled with outstanding service for all our guests, each stay. I’m happy to hear that you have become a frequent guest and we hope that we will continue to keep your business each and every visit to Milpitas. We thank you for your kind words and we look forward to your next stay with us. With Hospitality the Management at Extended Stay America Milpitas.