“Good value, clean & quiet” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas

Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas
Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
Santa Ynez, CA
“Good value, clean & quiet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I were in town for a wedding and needed a place close by for an overnight stay with an early departure the next day. This place worked fine. Clean and quiet, and decent service, free wi-fi and the price was more than fair. A few really minor pet peeves - no one available for check-out at 6 am, and the refrigerator and air conditioner in the room were a bit noisy. I also think the chain could try a little harder with the grab and go breakfast, but for the price, we just hit Peet's Coffee down the street and fixed that problem. All in all, it met our needs perfectly for this kind of a trip. Not the kind of place you'd want to stay for a truly extended stay (I've seen extended stay hotels with better amenities) or if you really want to stay someplace a little more special, but absolutely fine if you just need a clean, basic room for a night or two.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
We would like to thank you for your recent review of our hotel, and for choosing to stay with us while in town for a wedding. We hope you had a great time!

Our company prides itself on providing excellent guest service, clean rooms and comfortable surroundings at a great value, which is why it was gratifying to read your feedback about your overall stay. I do apologize that you found our "Grab and Go" breakfast to be limited; however, it is meant to be more along the lines of a deluxe coffee bar. As well, I have spoken with maintenance about the air conditioner and refrigerator noise in your room. It has been fixed so this does not bother guests moving forward.

It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future or at any of our other brand locations. We look forward to showing you our redoubled efforts.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

My son and I have stayed at Extended Stay America hotel for more than a month. We like the facility, the room we stayed has decent size with kitchen, study table, sofa and breakfast area. Room was clean and comfortable. Front desk staff were helpful, but, I felt that they were under staffed, front desk staff seems too busy and handle multiple tasks at same time. I was afraid to ask for additional help. For some reason, the fire alarm went off multiple times during our stay; everyone had to evacuate and wait outside for a long time for the city fire fighters to come.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
We would like to take the time to thank you for your nice review of our hotel. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. I do want to apologize that we had a fire alarm incident while you were staying with us, it is of course so important that we be sure that the hotel is a safe place for all our guests before we can allow them to return to their rooms. I do apologize for that inconvenience.

Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words & please dont hesitate to contact our front desk staff or myself personally should you need future accomodations at this location or any other locations nationwide.
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

Having taken a 6AM flight, I arrived WAY to early for normal check-in hoping to catch a quick nap and shower after the dismal flight. Amber found an available room, and did her best to get me the lowest rate. The previous guests must have trashed the bathroom sink somehow, but Amber came to the rescue again and had it fixed before I returned at night. The rooms are not luxurious but nice. What sets this hotel apart are the reasonable prices and a cheerfully helpful staff.

Room Tip: If you stay here and are looking for a great place to eat, walk a couple of blocks to Georgio's...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Thank you so very much for your outstanding review of our hotel and for recognizing the hard work and efforts of our staff memeber, Amber. We know that many of our guests are constant travelers, like yourself, and strive to provide a "home away from home" atmosphere, complete with friendly service and comfortable surroundings. It sounds like we were able to provide this for you, especially after we fixed your room's sink!

san jose
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

My stay was great all because of Amber friendly greeting and helpful too. She did not make us feel uncomfortable when we asked her questions about how much would it cost to take the bus. My family and I are from NYC and we just wanted to experience taking the bus in CA.

Room Tip: choose the front window room because it's more sunny
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel, and about our Guest Service Representative, Amber. It's always satisfying to read positive comments from our valued guests, like you. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. Im glad you were able to experience the great things we have to offer here on the west coast including our wonderful hotel and California's public transportion system.

Milpitas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

I travel for work. I'm in hotels for about ten months out of the year, for the last seven years. So when it comes to hotels, I know what I'm talking about.

I mainly stay with extended stay hotels due to my need for long term accommodations. While this particular hotel has its typical strengths and weeknesses, limited up front parking, no security cameras, coffee bar, but what this hotel has that no other hotel has is awesome customer service.

I checked in with Amber. I mentioned I was here building a couple of paint store projects. She never fails to ask how my day is and particularly how my projects are going. Its nice that she actually asks how my day is with interest, rather than generic corporate employee requirements, smile and greet the customer.
She knows I start work before the breakfast bar is set up, so she always puts aside one of my favorite muffins for me when I come back for breakfast!
I have never had such good customer service in a hotel before. It truly is a place that I can call home for the time being.

Thank you Amber!!!

Dan

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Dan J
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
It is so rewarding to hear that you had such a great experience during your stay at our hotel. The staff and I are so glad that we were able to provide you with a "home away from home" experience, one that left you wanting to visit with us again in the future. We thank you for recognizing our hard work and I will be sure to pass along your glowing review of Amber.

It would be our pleasure to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area or at any one of our other brand locations. Thank you again for your kind words.
Milpitas, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

Upon check in Amber gave us excellent customer service. She is so personal and professional with customers every time we are around her. We wish her the best and to keep up the good work! We will be staying here for a few more months and we are happy that Amber and other staffs are here to make our stay comfortable.

Room Tip: All rooms are great!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ChristopherTM, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Connie - The feedback you provided truly warms our hearts. Thank you for writing such a glowing review about your stay so far at our hotel. The staff and I strive to provide our guests with a friendly, clean and comfortable atmosphere; one that feels like a "home away from home" regardless of the number of nights they are staying with us. We are so glad to hear we were able to create this for you and I will be sure to show Amber your compliments.

We appreciate you choosing our hotel to stay in and look forward to continue to offer you top notch service throughout your stay.
Princeville, Hawaii
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

Stayed here for a month and can not believe the other reviews. It was the worst. Dirty, noisy and a staff that simply did not care at all. Repairs were only done after several complaints and false fire alarm evacuated the motel every few nights.

Room Tip: Choose the Embassy Suites next door...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review about your stay at our hotel. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. I apologize that we did not meet these standards with you.

As this hotel’s manager, I challenge our staff to continually improve the experience of our guests, from the cleanliness of our rooms and property, to the courteous professionalism of our staff. In regards to not getting your repairs done, I have addressed them with the management team with the goal of having procedures put in place, which will ensure issues are being handled in a more immediate fashion. Based on your experiences, it is clear that we need to put time and effort into perfecting these processes.

Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other brand locations in the future.