“Clean, friendly, good value”

Hilton Garden Inn San Jose/Milpitas
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
Cambridge, UK
“Clean, friendly, good value”
Reviewed September 26, 2005

Arrived mid-evening and paid $69 for a room, which turned out to be large, well equipped and very comfortable. Friendly staff, and the hotel was very clean and fresh throughout. In & Out burger across the street for dinner (I wish we had them in the UK!), and McDonalds next door for breakfast the next morning - though the $10 breakfast buffet did look good in the hotel. Free business centre for internet access & free printing which is always nice when travelling without a PC.

All in all, a good place to stay. Nothing negative to fault it on. One thing that made me laugh though was the letter from the hotel manager stuck inside the elevator apologising for the elevator safety permit being expired by 6 months - apparently due to "budget cuts in local government"

• Stayed September 2005
3 Thank brian_lorraine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
San Jose, CA
Reviewed July 31, 2005

This is another cookie-cutter Hilton Garden Inn. Clean, well-kept, polite staff, nice environment, fireplace in the lobby, etc. If you like the Hilton Garden Inn hotel line, you'll find this one similar to the others.

It seems to me a good hotel for someone making a stopover as they drive up the 101/880, going north or south. It's in a convenient location, near the McCarthy Ranch shopping plaza with Wal Mart, Best Buy, Borders, numerous restaurants, etc. It's also just about 1/2 mile from the Ranch 99 Plaza with numerous Asian food restaurants. And, it's close to Great Mall. It's also convenient to Cisco, Maxtor, and KLA-Tencor, for business travelers.

• Stayed August 2005
4 Thank bkoji
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 21, 2005

What a nice hotel for the money. We stayed one night and got 2 rooms for $35 each through Hotwire. This isn’t a 4-star hotel, but it was clean and well kept up. It had a newness to it. We usually stay in 3 or 4 star hotels that offer more amenities such as a dine-in restaurant or bar, but for one night it was great! The hotel did offer a breakfast buffet which looked good, but it costs almost $10 per person. We decided to save money and eat elsewhere. However, the Hilton Garden Inn did offer fresh free coffee in the Lobby, and the rooms came with a coffee maker and coffee packets.

This hotel was only about 5 minutes to Great America, and steps away from IN&Out Burger, Apple Bees, Black Angus, and a few other popular places to eat. The only bummer was that the spa wasn't hot enough (luke warm), and the staff didn't know how to turn up the heat. No big deal! For the right price - we would stay again.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reston, VA
Reviewed March 15, 2005

RECOMMENDED. It's always hard to get excited about a Garden Inn. I've stayed here multiple times and in general. I've had gread maid service and just OK. It just depends. The Hotel is located amongst a shopping center, so it's an easy walk to get food or look around. A BofA is next door for money. A positive/negative is the In/Out Burger located a stone's through away. Great food (if you haven't tried it). But it attracts alot of people and should your room be facing the parking lot, you may get a lot of car/people noise into the late evening. Otherwise, nothing not to recommend this convenient stop.

• Stayed March 2005, traveled on business
1 Thank kranky
Alameda, CA
Reviewed May 15, 2004

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn, Milpitas, last night. We got a double room on Priceline for $35 so the low cost definitely impacts my review. If I had paid full rate, I'd probably be more critical. We took our son and his friends to Great America amusement park for his birthday and had a sleepover at the hotel. The $10/per person full American breakfast was a good deal for us since the boys eat a lot. There was a hot tub and pool that was very basic but was fine because the boys were the only ones in it when we were there. The room appeared clean but when we moved a chair there was an old donut and cheetos under it! One of the best things about the hotel is that there are numerous places--several low-cost--to eat in the shopping plaza adjacent (McCarthy Ranch) including In/Out Burger with fresh made french fries which are great. I would be disappointed if I spent my vacation at this hotel, but for our purposes it worked out fine and the price was right! We booked a second room without priceline for $57 so we got ample room for 6 people for under $100.

1 Thank DeniseLS
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed January 21, 2004

I traveled to San Jose for business and stayed in this hotel for 5 days. On the surface, the hotel looks nice. The rooms are well decorated and have coffee maker, microwave, refrigerator, high speed internet access, etc. Unfortunately there were many negatives as well.
The walls are thin and I could hear the guy in the room next door talking on the phone. Also, there was not enough hot water, so I took a luke warm shower each morning. The maids who cleaned my room didn't make the bed one morning, turned the thermostat down to 65 degrees so that I froze one night and changed the station on the clock radio that so that I woke to elevator music instead of the station that I selected. Since the switch for turning the radio on is also the switch to turn off the alarm, they could have easily changed the settings so that it didn't go off in the morning. I've stayed in other Hilton Hotels such as the Millenium Hilton in NY that were very nice, but I was unimpressed with the Hilton Garden Inn. I would recommend staying somewhere else.

5 Thank EG2003
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milpitas
Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley
Sheraton San Jose Hotel
#4 of 20 in Milpitas
Courtyard Milpitas Silicon Valley
HYATT House San Jose/Silicon Valley

Been to Hilton Garden Inn San Jose/Milpitas? Share your experiences!