“Clean/safe/quiet”

Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
Santa Barbara, United States
“Clean/safe/quiet”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I greatly appreciated that the place had those the three most important things to me, in addition to affordablity. I was there for a job test and needed to get rest after two back to back red-eye flights, and I actually got to sleep without any noise or disturbance coming from outside the room. The only thing I would have different is the ability to change or cancel my reservation, since I could do neither, it was a little stressful to book in advance and hope nothing came up that would change my travel plans. Life can be unpredictable so the flexability of changing/canceling reservations would help.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I like this hotel for its proximity to Cisco (the usual reason I'm in San Jose) and also In-n-Out Burger (the other reason I fly 20+hrs) and they have no issues receiving my packages from Amazon (and iRobot, Egghead, Dyson, Bose, etc) ahead of my arrival (3rd reason why I fly 20+hrs.) While most hotels will receive packages for guests, some will charge. This one doesn't AND they don't grumble either. I'm happy. Not sure if the cleaning staff are upset with my boxes left in the room though.
Note that Walmart is also nearby, Parking is easy and ample.
My only 2 grumbles about this place are 1) The Air Conditioning / Heating system is of the older, noiser variety that comes on and off by default - fan doesn't stay on constantly. Need to tweak from default settings to make it stick ON!
2) The room rates are MORE ERRATIC that I'm used to seeing for other hotels. I would readily acknowledge that all hotels have rates which vary by season and availability and phase of the moon but I can't figure out the swings for this one. I've paid from $90 - $200 for the same type of room at this hotel over my various stays. I would say it is a steal at $90 but just marginal "value for money" at $200. As mentioned above, I DO LIKE this hotel but there are several other good options at the $200 level. On the most recent trip. My rate averaged in the middle of the range and I'm reasonably happy.

Room Tip: I like the ones at the end of the corridors, away from the lifts. I don't mind the short walk fo...
1 Thank btptan
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 7, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel numerous times during 2011, 2012, and 2013. The facility is excellent and staff are always responsive and helpful plus you cannot beat the location for convenience access to the greater San Jose area.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
milipitas, san jose, United States
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for two days and nights. They let us check in around 11:00 am which was nice of them. the room was ready how ever the room did not smell fresh. To me it looks like that thermostat was not working right. I made this booking with the lady and she did not disclose the difference of price between two nights. On my inquiry she said "nothing could be done now because this booking is non refundable. I had no other choice but to accept or lose the whole amount. Overall my stay in this hotel was good. I did not see any bugs so one can go to this hotel worry free.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Masood A
Irvine, United States
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I stayed there for 2 nights. The staff is nice. The room is clean and quite. They offer free coffee at lobby which is nice. Overall, this is a good hotel to stay. i like it. But I wish they have HBO or more movie channels

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

1 Thank MoningC
bosaki, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Jose/Milpitas, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Another great review!!! Thanks again for the support. We are proud that you have a wonderful stay with us. We will work on getting movie channels. We do have HBO and Showtime. Thanks again for all the support and we hope to see you again.
San Gabriel, United States
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Quaint, pleasant, comfortable hotel. Shared a room with friends and the price was extremely reasonable. We ended up checking in after midnight and they accommodated our needs after calling ahead of time to warn them of our delay. No problems encountered. We had a wonderful and pleasant stay. Will definitely recommend!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

2 Thank Jennifer L
bosaki, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Jose/Milpitas, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Another great review for the hotel. Thanks again for your support and kind words about the hotel and team members. I could not belive you are from SG, where I never thought I would know anyone from there. Thanks neighbor and we hope to see you soon next time.
Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed May 22, 2013

New facility- everything is clean. Staff is very friendly and concerned about your happiness. I had an issue where the lights went out while I was in the shower. The front desk clerk was very apologetic. She offered me a complimentary breakfast and 500 Hilton Honors points.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank TLJ22
We have great fans who stay here at the Milpitas!!!. Thank you so much for your fantastic review. We pride ourselves for great service and if not, we are willing to learn and grow. We appreciate your nice comments about the hotel and team and we hope to see you soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milpitas
Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley
Sheraton San Jose Hotel
#4 of 20 in Milpitas
Courtyard Milpitas Silicon Valley
HYATT House San Jose/Silicon Valley

Been to Hilton Garden Inn San Jose/Milpitas? Share your experiences!