“No frills Hilton Garden Inn”

Hilton Garden Inn San Jose/Milpitas
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
San Diego, California
“No frills Hilton Garden Inn”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Stayed here for a night. Booked this hotel to get away from SJC area. The hotel was obviously undergoing renovations. I guess when done the area would look more presentable.

Pros:
Clean rooms and toilets.
Free wifi
Free water for HHonors guests ( water can be a privilege at pricey hotels ;-))
Great breakfast, which was cooked to order and friendly staff (Brian at front desk) and Sylvia at the breakfast room.

Cons:
A little botch up at reservations and they did not have our whirlpool room ready and clean
A dysfunctional thermostat but luckily the AC controls worked

Overall a good experience for an overnight stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
bosaki, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Jose/Milpitas, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thanks again for another great expereince at the Hilton Garden Inn Milpitas. I am glad you were able to have a great expereince with the exception with the AC and check in prcesses. That is something I will have to address. I will also make sure to to give kudos to Sylvia at breakfast and I am happy that I was able to help you out at the desk. Well, we want you back and I hope to see you soon here.
Thanks again for you support.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
San Jose, California
Reviewed March 3, 2013

My wife and I plan to have a quite weekend,and stay in a hotel. we got this hotel and check in at 3pm, the hotel desk told us all the rooms are booked, and there is only handicapped one available at the second floor. This is the nightmare start, the bed is not flat, and all the hotel vent and airconditioner right outside our windows, even we closed the windows, there is a big loud noise whole night. So we can't sleep and just wait to escape at the morning. What a quiet night we expected !!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Milpitas. We understand you have many options and we appreciate your business. I am sorry to hear that you did not have a great stay. I want to understand how you feel and if you can contact the hotel and make sure we correct the errors. I hope to hear from you soon.
Thanks again and I am sure we will make it better next time.
Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed February 14, 2013

nice to stay , friendly clerks & employees , but there is under some upgrade remodeling ,and so little bit not comfortable to in & out , only 1 elevator was working . and also for the little earilier arrival , had better process check in . because after 6 hours driving , and then waiting for the lobby , less than hour , well ~~~~~ ..

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Another great stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Milpitas. Thanks again for your support and business here. We do try our best to ensure you did have a great one. I hope you are exctied as we are with our new renovation. We are finally done and we want you back to try us again. I hope to see you soon.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We arrived late at this property and it wasn't a problem at check in. The staff were quick and efficient at check in. I always like staying at Hilton properties because they always seem cleaner, friendlier, and an overall better value.

The room was quiet and clean and was fully stocked with all the standard amenities. The bed had some kind of technology to adjust the softness or firmness of the bed, but I found it nonfunctional--or I just couldn't distinguish the difference in "comfort levels".

I think the only disadvantage to this property is how to access it from the freeway. We could see the sign, but finding the entrance was tricky.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for another fantastic stay and support for the hotel. I am glad to hear you had a wonderful stay here at the hotel. Spread the word, we just finished our renovation and we are exctied. Thanks again and I hope to see you next time.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 3, 2013

There is lots of building work going on which means lots of dust and lots of noise, even quite late into the evening. There are also builders walking all over the hotel.

None of that however forgives the charges that later appear on your credit card but don't appear on your checkout bill. Not good if you have to expense these.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
bosaki, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Jose/Milpitas, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Milpitas. We understand that you have many choices and we appreciate your business. This renovation has been pretty tough on our guests and our team but we are doing are best to get this done quick and correctly. I noticed your comment regarding your billing. Has that been resolved. Give us a call at the property and we will make sure that is taken care for you.
Thanks again for your comments and concerns which we take seriously. I hope to see you next time after our renovation.
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Remodel aside, the termostate in the room did work, there was brown matter smeared on the wall. Breakfast was not ready on time, and no one once offered to take an order. The execise facility is too small, has broken equipment and there was a long wait for equipment each day. It is also located near a waste processing facility so the is a terrible odor outside when the wind is blowing the wrong direction.

Room Tip: Terrible oder near waste processing facility. Also google maps has the location wrong.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Milpitas. I understand you have many choices and we appreciate your business. I want to apologize for the inconvenience we may have caused during your stay. Thank you for your feedback with your experience. All of your issues and concerns have been directed to the appropriate department and ensure that all items will be addressed. Your comments and feedback is important to us and will help us improve to ensure that it will not happen again. The next time you are in town feel free in contacing the hotel and we will make sure this wil not happen again.
I hope to hear from you soon.
Londonderry, New Hampshire
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Although the hotel is currently under renovation, the hotel staff did their best to make me feel comfortable. They greeted me every morning when I left and every evening when I returned with a smile and a joke. The rooms were clean and I had a great breakfast every morning. I'm looking forward to staying there again and can't wait to see the place once the final renovations are complete.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Wow...another great comment for the team. Thank you again for your support and patience with our renovation. We are looking forward with the completion and we hope to see your next time.