“Great place to stay”

Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
Singapore, Singapore
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

The room was big and comfortable. I requested for early check-in and the room was ready at 11am when I arrived. I like that WIFI is complimentary. The location of the hotel is good - there are many restaurants within walking distance (e.g In and Out and Sushi King) and the hotel is near to the highway.

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 409
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
bosaki, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Jose/Milpitas, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Fantastic!!! Another great review. Thanks again for your kind words and support for the Hilton Garden Inn San Jose Milpitas. We understand that you have many choices in the area and we appreciate you staying with us and encouraging others to join this great location. Get ready when our renovation is done in March. We will have a fantastic look. We are so excited. We hope to see you next time soon. See you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Raleigh
Reviewed October 30, 2012

So this hotel would have been a great hotel to stay in and everything that you would expect from a hilton garden inn except for one major issue. The hotel has an order issue in the bathrooms in at least one of the wings. The hotel room that we were given had a terrible sewer order in the bathroom. When we went down to the front desk they acknowledged that that wing of the hotel has had problems with the water causing the smell for several months. They did offer to move us, and we would have done so but it was late and we were already unpacked and had to get up early in the morning. Needless to say, we didn't shower in the morning as we didn't trust the water in the room. I was happy they offered to move us but I should never have been put into a room with a known issue. Not to mention that I am a hilton honors gold member. I don't suggest staying here but if you do make sure you ask for the wing that doesn't have the smell issues.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
bosaki, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Jose/Milpitas, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about our hotel. We apologize for the inconvenient smell during your stay and we are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services and amenities you deserve. Your review will help us to resolve these issues and avoid inconveniences for future guests. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I usually stay closer to SJC but this was all I could find. It's a typical HGI-nice, large lobby and very comfortable rooms (and the beds are always great). It seems like it might be on the older side, but it's hard to tell since they all look so similar. It might be a bit smaller too. The only reason I gave it a three vs four stars is because I thought it was a bit overpriced considering what I said. And, it seemed a bit higher than other hotels in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
We appreciate your response and honesty regarding your stay with us. We do have exciting news, we are looking to changing our look in the near future of 2013, that will make our lobby area inviting, restuarant clean, organized and fun and just making the entire experience here enjoyable. I hope you come back and see us again. Thanks again for your feedback.
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed October 15, 2012

This Hilton Garden inn was the prototypical HGI that I have come to expect from the Hilton Brands. It was Clean, Comfortable and Affordable, with all the amenities that I could ask for while traveling on business. Free WIFI, Parking and a Fitness are necessities these days and this hotel stayed true of the Hilton Garden family.

Room Tip: If you like IN N Out Burger...there is one in the same Parking lot as this hotel!!!!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Fantastic!!! Another great review. Thanks again for your kind words and support for the Hilton Garden Inn San Jose Milpitas. We understand that there are many hotels in the area and we appreciate you staying with us and encouraging others to join this great location. We hope to see you next time soon. We are looking forward in the near future to update our restaurant, hallways and lobby areas for more of a inviting and fun atmosphere. See you soon.
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Been here twice now, and its been a good experience. The staff is very courteous and pretty much bends over backwards to help. The hotel premises are also kept neat and clean. Would definitely come back here again for the next trip.

Room Tip: Check for Rooms which have a mattress with adjustable firmness. Helps if you are fussy about how fir...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
bosaki, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Jose/Milpitas, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Another great review!!! Thank you so much for your support and feedback regarding your last experience at our hotel. I am glad you decided to come back and show some loyalty for us. We have great news regarding our renovation that is happening in mid December. It will make our lobby and restaurant beautiful.
Thanks again for the support and we hope to see you soon.
Bengaluru
Reviewed September 16, 2012

This was the first hotel that I ever stayed in - back in 2008. Clean. Modern. Accessible. And very easy to get by. Hotel staff were very courteous, breakfast very good. I remember one day it was pretty cold outside and it was not a weather where one would use the outdoor pool - nevertheless, there was this guy who was cleaning the water and everything around the pool was spotless. Typical! Would definitely go back!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Thanks again for the great comments and support at the HGI Milpitas. We are happy to hear that you recieved great service and your stay was up to your expectations. We are happy to announce our renovation coming up in fourth quarter. We are working on our lobby and restaurant areas. We hope to see you soon.
Thanks for the support and I hope to see you soon.
North Highlands, California, United States
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We are season ticket holders at Great America. We decided to try the Hilton Garden Inn this year. We first stayed there in July and experienced problems with the room cleaning service. I spoke with the General Manager about this issue. He invited us to come to stay for another weekend so we can see what kind of service that they provide. He stated that he wanted to make this right for us. I talked to my wife so we decided to go to Great America again for Labor Day weekend. The service we received from the staff at the Hilton Garden Inn Milipitas was above and beyond. The breakfast buffet was awesome. This past Labor Day weekend, I can't say anything negative about this hotel. As a SF 49er fan I know where I will be staying at when attending games once the new stadium that is under construction next to Great American has been completed.
What is really nice is that there are several restaurants and retail stores in walking distance from the hotel.
I would like to express my gratitude to the Staff of the Hilton Garden Inn Milpitas for providing us with an enjoyable stay!
I highly recommend this hotel for anyone looking for an affordable hotel in the Santa Clara/San Jose/Santa Cruz area. Next summer we are planning to visit Santa Cruz and plan on Staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Milipitas. It will be worth the drive knowing that are of our needs will be provided at the Hilton.
Again, thank you Staff for a job well done.

Room Tip: The double queen is great for a family of 3. You can't go wrong at this hotel!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
We hit another home run! Thank you again for the kind words and support. We are excited to announce our renovation that will begin in mid December that will be working on our lobby and restaurant. We hope to see you next time. Take care and I hope you come back for another Great America trip!!!!