“Rudest Staff in the hotel industry”

Days Inn San Jose Milpitas
Ranked #16 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
Reviewed May 5, 2011

Stay there couple weeks for a family business, like the area, hate to move to another hotel but have to deal with a bunch of rudest staffs I 've ever stayed in any hotel,
Take more than 2 hrs to do the room, did it halfway and left the room unfinished , came back 2 hrs to finish, when asked , the hotel manager said , it's their procedures to do the room , wow !!!!! never apologize at all, looks like we stayed there and beg for the services
Internet connection was horrible !!! hardly had a good connection
Breakfast was OK ! Room was clean, good area

Room Tip: stay away from rude management people
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank joecooltoo

Reviewed April 22, 2011

After reading the reviews I was a little afraid to stay here. Upon arrival, the staff was great all 7 days. The rooms were pretty big, dated but for the value a GREAT deal. The grounds were beautiful, breakfast was fine, location was great and easy to get to. I don't understand why this hotel has such bad reviews, its not bad at all.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 24, 2010

This hotel is the most disgusting hotel on the planet! My room had sticky carpets, was filthy and dirty. The room smelled and when I asked for a different room they were booked. If I could have found a room somewhere else I would have abandoned my money to stay anywhere else. I would have been more comfortable in a bus terminal. The final caveate was the two dead rats next to my car when I left. DO NOT BOOK AT THIS HOTEL!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Carumba747
Reviewed October 14, 2010

This place is one of the filthiest places I've ever stayed. I spend about 100 days a year in hotels (my work has me on the road) and I booked this hotel via an online discount website. I didn't pay much, but I would rather have slept on the sidwalk than sleep in this place again.

I think the place has more trash and unkept grounds I've ever seen. The sidewalks are disgusting...maybe they should invest in a power washer. The front desk guy must hate his job (in a time of mass unemployment) and failed to welcome me and tell me about the breakfast (no big deal).

Don't be fooled by their website and prestine photos. This place is HORRIBLE. I think there are lots of Section 8 residents living there. You can tell since they keep their doors open and you can see they "moved in". Also, lots of beer drinkers and loud activity at night.

I propped up my coffee table under the door handle to keep strange intruders. A very shady part of town.

Stay away! Or bring your handgun for protection.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank johnnySF
Reviewed January 26, 2009

I booked a room at the Milpitas Days Inn for December 4, 2008 and received confirmation by e-mail. I arrived at the Hotel at 5:00 pm and the lobby was clean and pleasant. I was the only customer in the lobby and the parking lot was empty. The staff could not find our reservation. I gave them our reservation number, and they said it was the wrong number. I opened my laptop in the lobby where there was wireless internet service, and showed the front desk person the e-mail with the reservation confirmation number. It was the same number. The hotel had a very good price for the room that I reserved, and even with the confirmation in writing, they refused to give me a room for that price. I called the 800 number for the hotel from my cell phone and the customer service person from the Days Inn said it was an invalid confirmation number. I asked to speak to the manager but was told he was not in. I then asked whether they had any rooms available and they said yes. I told them I had a service dog with me (as explained on the reservation) and they said I had to pay $50 more for the room because I had a pet. I explained that my service dog was not a pet, and showed them the documentation. They refused to rent me a room.
A few weeks later, there was a $74.79 charge on my credit card for my stay at the Days Inn! I called customer service again and they said they would look into it, but It would take 3 weeks to get a response. About four weeks later I received a form letter in the mail stating "We certainly do regret anything that may have caused you to contact our office. Please accept our apologies. You will be receiving compensation for your inconvenience." The next week, I received a check for the amount charged on my credit card.
I called customer service again, because I wanted my credit card
charge reversed instead of the check, because I incurred finance charges on the unpaid amount. They said they never reversed credit card charges, and the representative hung up on me. They only compensated me for the amount erroneously charged on my credit card. That was not compensation for my inconvenience. The whole encounter with Days Inn was frustrating and embarrassing because I was with a friend and the person at the front desk made me feel stupid and incompetent.
Days Inn pulled a bait and switch on their internet pricing and reservation, and tried to get me to rent a room for $124.00 a night instead of their internet special of $74.00 a night. I also was discriminated against because they refused to rent me a room with a service animal. My service dog was clean and extremely well behaved, but they did not know that because it was in the car while I tried to check into the hotel. I will not patronize Days Inn in the future.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank californiaphyllis
Reviewed August 9, 2008

Stayed at this hotel for one night. There are many hotels in the area and we decided to give this one a try. Front desk lady was friendly and offered a AAA rate of 89,- USD incl. breakfast. The room was ok, a little on the older side but still nice with a very small bathroom incl. bathtub/shower & toilet, fridge & microwave, TV, ie the usual. Right across is a Walgreens you can walk to and the area also has a few restaurants close by.
The pool area looked quite nice for a Days Inn - with palm trees! Didn't have time to use it though.
Continental breakfast was ok: the usual toast, cereal, oatmeal, some fruit & juice. Overall the stay was pleasant - biggest plus being the rate we got.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
4  Thank rawaspecial
Reviewed May 13, 2008

I usually stay at this hotel when in the area. It's clean and relatively quiet. What I like most about it is the refrig & micro, and convenience, Once you park (free parking), you really don't need a car to go eat as there are quite a few restaurants in walking distance. There is also a Walgreens (kind of a convenience store) right next door for any incidentals you may have forgotten. It's also convenient to the freeway...easy off and easy on.

The people at the front desk are friendly and helpful. All in all, a good deal for the price.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple