“Clean, Decent Hotel in a Convenient Location”

Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
Chelmsford, Massachusetts
“Clean, Decent Hotel in a Convenient Location”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Recently I was in SJ/ Milpitas on business and stayed at the Crowne Plaza. The location is very close to the Cisco campus and many other companies in the Silicon Valley. The hotel is right off the highway and also very close to the San Jose AIrport.

The hotel rooms were very clean and modern. The Wi-Fi was included in the price, which was great and the quality of the Wi-Fi was decent as well.

The restaurant had been recently renovated. I ate there both nights I was in town because it was convenient but if I had a car I likely would have explored. The menu options were OK, but many were a bit odd. The waiter and waitress on staff the nights I was there were decent but not overly friendly. The bartender was a bit odd, a bit annoying and didn't really fit the environment.
As a female traveling alone, the restaurant was very comfortable to go sit at the bar or a table and order and just relax. This is not always the case, so that was a plus.

I would stay at this hotel again and recommend it most based on location and cleanliness.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
CrownePlazaSJSV, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Hi kudos4k,

Thanks so much for your review of your stay. I'm very glad to hear that you were comfortable and able to relax in our hotel and restaurant. If you'd like to discuss more details of your stay, please reach out to me at melissa.maniquiz@ihg.com. Thanks again for your review!

Regards,
Guest Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Korean first
Austin, Texas, United States
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Average hotel - this was my first business trip there since they "updated" the rooms. I wouldn't call the decor forward-leaning, or maybe even current. It's hard to get rooms in the area, and this was clean. However, there was a lot of road noise, lots of noise from the parking lot, etc., and the soundproofing wasn't good at all. I don't normally have problems sleeping in hotels since I do it all the time - it seemed that I heard every door on my floor open and close all night long. It was very noisy. I will try to avoid this hotel if possible. It's acceptable, but not preferred - even for a business trip.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Kim R.,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I do apologize that the noise level in our hotel was disruptive to your stay. We strive to be the preferred hotel of business travelers in the area; please reach out to me at melissa.maniquiz@ihg.com as we would like to address any concerns you have regarding your stay. Thanks again for your review!

Kindly,
San Jose, California
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Easy access to/from highway.

Polite and courteous staff at check in. We were travelling with a dog, and the check-in staff forgot pet policy paperwork. Had to wait a bit at check out to resolve the issue, but the staff was efficient and kind.

Clean room, nice enough view (neighboring hotel and a few mountain tops). Felt small, but came with lounging chair and writing desk. Very nice linens and mattress. No closet area, just a few hangers on a bar. Drawers available. Free WiFi was slow, but I didn't use it enough to merit the upgrade for $10 - went to Business Center in lobby instead.

Rather nice breakfast buffet. Including breakfast with room saved $$ compared to a la carte options in restaurant.

Average size pool - not a lap pool. Hot tub seemed nice. Pictures on website exaggerate size of each.

Ice machine on our floor was not working, but at least there were signs posted for the next available options. 2 washers and dryers available ($1 for a wash at this point)1 floor up, easy to access.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SusanSanJose
CrownePlazaSJSV, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Hi SusanSanJose,

Thanks for your thorough review. I am glad that you were able to utilize a number of our amenities during your stay. It is also very nice to hear that our staff was kind and helpful. We hope to see you soon in the future!

Take care,
Bowie, Maryland
Reviewed August 6, 2013

The hotel has views of the Tech sector as well as the mountains. The heated pool & hot tub are on the 3rd floor and also has a view of the mountains. It was quiet and relaxing. The exercise room had adequate and well maintained equipment. The staff was polite and accommodating. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
CrownePlazaSJSV, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Hi HJ-Steve,

Thank you for your review and your beautiful pictures. The staff and I are elated to hear that you had a relaxing stay with us. We hope to see you again the next time you are in the area!

Kind regards,
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I had occasion to stay in the Crowne Plaza Silicon Valley while traveling on work in May 2013. I stayed here for two weeks.

The best thing about the hotel is the location - for those (like me) who have offices in San Jose/Milpitas area - the location is just perfect. A 10 minute drive would get me to any of my offices and that worked very well especially when you have early morning meetings. It's also pretty close to McCarthy Ranch which has enough shopping & eating options. For those with a higher shopping appetite, the Great Mall is a 10 minute drive again since the hotel is located just off the freeway.

The rooms are good - but I sorely missed a proper closet/wardrobe in the room. The coat hanger is just not sufficient to hang all your clothes and keep them organized especially when you're on a long trip. The restaurant was undergoing renovation so I could not check it out. Breakfast was served in some of the meeting rooms and that was fine. The staff is attentive and courteous.

You also have a Hertz rental in the lobby though finding a car is not easy since they have limited options.

Overall, it's a nice hotel. I would stay there again on my next trip - partly because of the location and partly because of the familiarity.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
CrownePlazaSJSV, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Hi Pratish M,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I'm pleased that our central location was perfect for your stay. As the renovation for our restaurant, Sevens, is now complete, you will be able to enjoy our new offerings during your next stay. We hope to see you again soon! Thanks again for your kind words!

Warm regards,
Seattle, Washington, United States
Reviewed July 16, 2013

When I checked in I saw a flyer for free long distance from inside the room. Well that didn't apply and they tried to charge me nearly $60 for 20 minutes of calling. WOW! Needless to say I was not happy and the manager had zero sympathy. And to add to the badness, my room's A/C kept waking me up at night. Also, no sympathy. I've already identified other hotels in this chain and will be avoiding them.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms that face the pool as it gets noisy.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
CrownePlazaSJSV, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Wes W.,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us and for the inconveniences that occurred. We welcome any further details you wish to share at your convenience; please do not hesitate to reach out to me at melissa.maniquiz@ihg.com.

Regards,
Barrington, Illinois
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Had to stay here for 3 days during the Teslive convention.
Upgraded to a King Executive room for $50 night upgrade. Worth every penny. View / room size, etc. excellent.
Mechanical problem with heater fixed within 5 minutes but had to return to bar for 3 hours while room cooled off to 70 (from 95 no joke).
Front desk staff very accommodating, polite, pleasant.
Breakfast (extra charge) was excellent, with good variety but for the price ($20) I would hope so. Chef seemed very keen to cook anything and everything. Would expect him to leave soon for a more upscale place.
Let downs? Inability to air condition public rooms. Main ballroom was stifling with 300 people in it. No excuse. Bar service was an F. Overpriced drinks and service was so slow by some inexperienced woman who also served breakfast.
Hotel ? did provide free breakfast on last day.
I would return to stay but not for food / bar.

Room Tip: Get the King Executive, floor 10.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Sandy S
CrownePlazaSJSV, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Sandy S,

Thank you for your review. It's wonderful to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms and that our breakfast was a great start to your day. I apologize that the public areas and bar were let downs during your stay. I have forwarded your words to our management team for their review. Please reach out to me at melissa.maniquiz@ihg.com if you would like to discuss your stay in further detail. Again, thank you for your review!

Kind regards,
Guest Relations
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milpitas
Hilton Garden Inn San Jose/Milpitas
Hampton Inn Milpitas
Hampton Inn Milpitas
#1 of 20 in Milpitas
HYATT House San Jose/Silicon Valley

Been to Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley? Share your experiences!