“Nice and clean room. Not far from Airport.”

Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

We used this hotel just to be close to the airport on our last night of a business trip. The room was nice and clean. Be was very comfortable. Staff was average and needs more training, or maybe better automation at the front desk. Had issues with printing receipt upon check out early in the morning. Lots of restaurants around but majority is Chinese oriented. I did not use the restaurant but it looked nice. I would use this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2013
CrownePlazaSJSV, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Dear Travelnowandtomorrow,

It's great to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms! I appreciate you providing feedback regarding your check out - I have shared this with our front office management so our team can review our front desk procedures to ensure guests can always check out in a timely manner. Thanks for your review and hope to see you again soon!

Take care,

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Across the road from the maze which is Cisco, Samsung, Sandisk and other technology parks in Silicon Valley. Quiet and clean. The staff are courteous, friendly and ever helpful. The restaurant has a good food selection along with drinks and cocktails. The breakfast was great, hot and cold and plentiful. There is even a chef to cook your eggs as you want them! The coffee is standard American: pity we could not get a decent espresso or macchiato. The free wifi was quite good for skying and email and general online work. A pleasant experience overall and the price was reasonable given the time of the year.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
CrownePlazaSJSV, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Hi Traveller540,

I am so glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us and hope that we will see you again in the future. Thank you for your review on your stay and our recently renovated restaurant. If we can be of any help in the future, do not hesitate to contact me or the Manager on Duty. Thank you again!

Warm regards,

Reviewed June 10, 2013

The best thing about Crowne Plaza was the Hertz counter located inside it's premise. Dropping and picking up my rental car was pretty convenient.

The room i had was adequately furbished without ever giving a feeling of luxury. They do not shoot for fabulous or excessive but i feel the price you pay for it, there are much better hotels located around, close by. Even the breakfast spread, the most important meal for me (coz you never know when will you get another one, what with all the meetings and travel), was basic, again, covering all bases but not going beyond it. The restaurant menu was even worse both overpriced and limited stuff to choose from. I never had anything there. The service there though was good and friendly people around. During my stay, some construction work was going on but it was never a problem for me since, i was never around during day time.

All and all, I would only go there again if i had little choice.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
CrownePlazaSJSV, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Dear Anurag C,

Thank you for your feedback and for mentioning our friendly staff. I am glad that the construction did not cause you any problems - we are at the tail end of our complete hotel renovation and have just opened up our new restaurant and bar, Sevens. I am sorry that the previous restaurant offerings were not up to your satisfaction. I hope if you are to stay here in the future we will be able to bring you a "wow" factor with our new products.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at melissa.maniquiz@ihg.com should you want to discuss your stay in further detail.

Kind regards,

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I was a little hesitant booking this hotel given the reviews I'd seen, but the Crowne Plaza Palo Alto was ridiculously overpriced given the location. The room refurbishment was completely done by the time I had arrived. The only outstanding issue was the restaurant was still under construction. My room was brand new, so no complaints there. The biggest issue I found was the lack of staff and genuine interest by those staff. It was almost as if they were running the place on a shoestring just to keep the place running. I am a Platinum Priority Club member and the check-in woman was falling over me highlighting that fact. I got a bottle of water as a reward Getting help for room service or housekeeping was tough. The front desk had to do alot of that work, particularly in the evenings. I was entitled to a free continental breakfast on the weekends, but that was a mixed bag - great fresh fruit (pineapples, strawberries, canteloupe) but stale pastry. I wasn't entitled to have the hot breakfast, unless I paid an ridiculous amount of money. I steered clear given the continental was nothing to write home about. Save your money for another breakfast location externally. Location is fine - there's a few shopping centers around, but if you're there on business or have a car, you're not far from Silicon Valley companies, so it's not really an issue.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
CrownePlazaSJSV, Manager at Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Hi TheHonestTruth4,

Thanks for your loyalty to IHG and for being a Platinum Priority Club member. I'm glad you love the new rooms - we do, too! I'm really sorry that free breakfast wasn't a complete success, but thanks for bringing the issue with the stale pastries to my attention - I will share that info with the chef. Please e-mail me at melissa.maniquiz@ihg.com when you have a chance - I'd love to talk to you about your stay here.

Thanks,

Reviewed May 3, 2013

I asked to be away from elevator and noise and was given a room close to fitness center and elevator. AS i tried to sleep to get ready for a long day got woke up with loud thuds in the night with people working out in fitness center. They moved me to a different floor and room. It like I had to move in my sleep but could not sleep after that. I would stay clear of this hotel. They have lot of renovation and noises. Not a good place if you are looking for some zzzzz.

Room Tip: higher floors and away from highway
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank arshj
CrownePlazaSJSV, Manager at Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2013

Dear arshj,

I appreciate your feedback and am very sorry you were disturbed by noise during your stay. The good news is that the construction is complete on the guest rooms levels; the remaining renovations are taking place on the ground floor bar and restaurant.

Please email me at terrance.schaefer@ihg.com if I can be of assistance or if you would like to discuss your stay in more detail. Again, very sorry that your stay was not as restful and relaxing as it could have been.

Thanks,

Reviewed April 25, 2013

The hotel is undergoing refurbishment (April 2013) and I had one of the new rooms. They are modern and comfortable without being over the top, and are well equipped. The dining Room and Bar are currently closed and there are temporary facilities on the second floor - these are not so great as you would expect - but I have high hopes for their new incarnation. I was not disturbed at all by the work going on.

Service is still exemplary, and the shuttle service is an amazing facility for getting to nearby restaurants without driving.

The hotel is ideally located for Tasman Drive on the business side, for the Great Bay Mall for shopping, and for lots of restaurants. It does not pretend to be a holiday hotel, but if you are there for business I would very much recommend it.

Room Tip: Not really much to choose, but I would say better higher
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
CrownePlazaSJSV, Manager at Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2013

Greetings A_Hotel_Visitor!

Thanks for your kind comments about the hotel service and facilities. We had hoped that the restaurant and bar would be finished already - sorry about the temporary location. I hope that next time you visit you will be able to enjoy a renovated space for food, drinks and good company.

Thanks again!

Reviewed April 13, 2013

good for Silicon Valley business travellers, excellent service, rooms and the nice bar with good selection of beers is a natural choice for after work discussions. I also like the trail that was available outside, wherw morning jogging was possible through "Ciscoland".

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
CrownePlazaSJSV, Manager at Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Hello FrederickB!

So glad you stayed with us and enjoyed jogging through "Ciscoland" :-) Thanks for mentioning our service staff and the hotel bar. I hope the bar renovation is complete by your next visit - if you thought the temporary location was nice I can't wait for you see the renovation! Hopefully soon!

Thanks again,