“Comfortable Hotel Near Asian Retail Square”

Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
“Comfortable Hotel Near Asian Retail Square”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Upon my arrival, I was checked in to a renovated room. The room had subdued colors and provided a relaxing atmosphere to the room. The heater/air conditioning unit was the same as the one I was provided at a Holiday Inn the evening before near the San Francisco airport which makes sense since they are part of the same hotel chain. The room provided the basic amenities one would expect from a hotel. The wireless in the room performed quite well and I didn't experience a drop in the speed of the service. The hotel is also conveniently located next to an Asian square that has a market, a few restaurants, and a bakery in case you are interested.

The staff at the front desk was very hospitable and went the extra mile to be courteous. The check-in process was very smooth and service was provided with a smile. Additionally, at around 6:30AM, the fire alarm went off and we were all required to leave our rooms. The staff at the front desk did their best to provide us the latest information and allowed us to stay in the lobby to stay warm. Once the "threat" was deemed to be a false alarm, the staff immediately informed everyone that they could go back to their rooms. Although it was an inconvenience, the staff did their best to make everyone comfortable and have an enjoyable stay.

The rooms were quiet and comfortable. I would not hesitate to stay here again if my travels bring me back to this place.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Korean first
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I had gone to San Jose on a business trip. Stayed in this hotel for 7 days. The room size felt small. The airconditioning wasn't up to the mark. The TV was old tube one and channels were limited. The breakfast was ok but dinner options were more and quality/ taste of the food was much better.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
CrownePlazaSJSV, Manager at Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Dear Montynow,

Thank you for sharing your experience here. If you would like to share more details about your stay please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly and ask for the Manager on Duty. I am sorry that your stay did not exceed your expectations but I hope you will give us another try once our renovations are complete.

Terry
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed January 17, 2013

The Crowne Plaza is going through some needed renovations. The decor has been updated from top to bottom. And, the new rooms are fantastic! The staff is ALWAYS friendly and easy to work with. The Crowne has easy access to I880 and CA237 which gets you to most areas of Silicon Valley.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Eric371,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community. We really appreciate your kind comments and appreciate your loyalty to Crowne Plaza and IHG! We are currently renovating the last few floors of rooms and convention and meeting spaces and then finally the restaurant/bar and Lobby! We are always at your service and look forward to your next visit!

Warm Regards,

Cary, IL
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Stayed here for three nights this week. Bed and pillows were very comfortable. The room had a good work space set up. Room itself is dated and has an old tube television, but the hotel is being renovated so I expect that will change soon enough. I did not try the breakfast, but the free coffee in the lobby was excellent. Wifi was pretty good for what I used it for. There seemed to be plenty of access points on the 8th floor so I never had a problem connecting. Parking was free and readily available. I would stay here again next time.

Room Tip: I was in room 803 King non-smoking and it was pretty good.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Walt M
CrownePlazaSJSV, Manager at Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Hello Walt M,

Thank you for your review and for sharing it on TripAdvisor. I am glad to read that you found the bed and pillows comfortable and the workspace convenient. Thank you also for noting the in-progress renovation. Hopefully, by the time of your next visit the renovation will be complete. Thank you again!

Terry
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 17, 2012

This hotel was my husband's ho,e away from home for many years on frequent business trips. We recently stayed here with our family. Friendly, helpful employees and low employee turnover. The hotel is being remodeled a few floors at a time. We didn't experience any noise from the remodel though we were warned by management it was possible from 9am-6pm. Remodel will be nice though we have stayed in a I remodeled room and they are only a bit outdated but clean and not worn. The king mattresses are better than most luxury hotels. This is one of the reasons my husband comes back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
CrownePlazaSJSV, Manager at Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Dear M J,

Thank you for your detailed and kind review of our hotel. It is always nice to have our frequent guests and their families visit!

I am so glad your found the employees friendly and helpful and will share that with our staff.

I hope that you visit again and get to see the result of the renovations. Thank you again!

Bangalore
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I just came back from a trip to california and stayed at the Crown Plaza for about 10 days. The best part about this hotel is its location. Right next to Milpitas Square(lots of chinese restaurants/Ranch Market).
The rooms are spacious with excellent views of the mountains and highways. I was lucky to get a room on the 10th floor and saw some spectacular views of the mountains. I felt they should have more amenities and even in room facilities were lacking. Their shuttle service was good and one can use to travel anywhere within 5 miles of the hotel. The staff was just ok, i felt some receptionists were a bit rude while some were really cheerful. The beakfast buffet was quite standard but the service is excellent. Overall i enjoyed my stay at this hotel and would surely recommend this to anyone who visits Milpitas.

Room Tip: take rooms facing the mountain, try to get room above 5 floor as the views are too good.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Greetings ashishchadha!

Thank you for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community. I am so glad the location across the street from the Milpitas Square shopping and dining complex was convenient for you.

Thank you for complimenting the breakfast buffet staff - I will be sure to share your comments with them!

I am sorry to read that the service from the reception staff was inconsistent; the staff should certainly never be rude! If you would like to provide me greater detail, it would be appreciated. Simply dial the hotel directly and ask for the Manager on Duty.

Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed December 13, 2012

i have stayed at the Crowne Plaza around 4-5 times, once a year usually.

the hotel is very close to where our corporate offices are and is very close to shopping and major roads.

the restaurant is also a very big plus, since you can have late dinner/drinks and early breakfast.

some will say that is a bit outdated, but they are currently renovating it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Jabought,

Thank you for your kind review. I am glad to read that the location and restaurant hours are convenient for you. Thank you also for noting our in-progress renovation. Hopefully, it will be complete by the time of your next visit.

Assistant Guest Service Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milpitas
Hilton Garden Inn San Jose/Milpitas
Hampton Inn Milpitas
Hampton Inn Milpitas
#1 of 20 in Milpitas
HYATT House San Jose/Silicon Valley

Been to Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley? Share your experiences!