Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$349
$289
TownePlace Suites
$219
Hotels.com
Sonesta Silicon Valley San Jose(Milpitas)
$179
  • Breakfast included
$169
$284
$259
Larkspur Landing Milpitas(Milpitas)(Great Value!)
$110
Orbitz.com
$120
$106
Agoda.com
All reviewssilicon valleysan josebusiness tripmini suitereasonable hotelbusiness hotelroom servicehotel is locatedbreakfast buffet isranch marketmccarthy ranchthe room was nicetech companiesgreat mallbasic amenitiesfitness roomomelet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 13, 2011

Hotel is understaffed and you feel it during peak hours.
Rooms are dated, walls as thin as paper. They seem to have a lot of Asian tour groups coming through. So the focus around business clientele may have shifted.
Bathrooms are old and dated.

When I was there, I heard a car alarm, only to discover that someone had broken into a guest car during the day!

The only upside were the bar staff during the evenings. Friendly folks.

In my opinion I would rather stay at the Crown Plaza in Palo Alto.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank nigeldiver
CrownePlazaMilpitas, Manager at Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2011

Dear nigeldiver,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community. We greatly value your feedback and I will share your comments with our management team.

I am sorry that your experience here was not satisfactory but thank you for recognizing the friendly bar staff.

If you would like to discuss your stay in further detail, please do not hesitate to call the hotel and ask for me.

Best Regards,

Terry Schaefer
Assistant Guest Service Manager

Reviewed July 12, 2011

Room was ince.
Meal service at breakfast and bar service was nice.
Shuttle to and from airport was appreciated.

Reviewed July 10, 2011

I stayed here for a little under a week... and here is my report:

Good:
Staff was very friendly and accommodating
Free Continental Breakfast
I was upgraded to an amazing panoramic suite with a view of the mountains.
Bar food was excellent and priced-well.

Bad:
I could never find free coffee (except with breakfast)
Only Free Continental Breakfast... I'm a sucker for bacon and it cost me $9 to get it.
Near to the heart of silicon valley, bar was sometimes full of people that were completely full of themselves.

I had slow internet which is weird, because they're right across the street from the highest quality enterprise router manufacturers in the world (Cisco, I don't care if their stock is down 40%).

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 28, 2011

Hotel front desk customer service was great. If you need anything just called Jeffrey. I was so amazing by the service and from everyone. I feels like a rock star. wow an awesome place to stay.

Reviewed June 25, 2011

I stayed in this hotel for 5d and 4nights. The trip of the shuttle service is every 30mins. What? Moreover, we are 6 in that shuttle. I'm the second to last person that the driver dropped off, so I arrived in the office LATE. Terrible.

The front office receptionist are VERY VERY RUDE! I strongly recommend to have them redo the training on how to treat their guest nicely!

WIFI is high speed? Not true!
No complimentary Breakfast. Food in the restaurant is pricey, not worth it.

This hotel is not comparable to the one I had in Lynnwood, WA. I'd rather stay to the hotel nearby next time I visit SJ again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank xyzee07
CrownePlazaMilpitas, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2011

Dear xyzee07:

Thank you for sharing your comments; we greatly value the feedback and if you have an opportunity, I would like to speak with you in further detail about your stay. You may email me at: gregory.liversedge@ihg.com.

I am very sorry that your experience here was dissappointing; it certainly does not meet our standards and your comments will be used to help us improve.

Thank you again for your feedback and please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards,