“My home away from home in San Jose”

Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
Denver, Colorado
“My home away from home in San Jose”
Reviewed May 23, 2011

We have used the CP Milpitas for meetings and the staff have always been "over and above" in their response to any need from myself or our group. This time we held our mtgs on campus and I must say that the staff never treated me differently - which often times happens when you are not percieved to be bringing in a lot of extra money during your stay. The food is the best I have had in a hotel there in SJ and staff is always ready to do anything to help me - regardless of the request. I cannot commend them enough for their customer service and their food. Both are tops.One suggestion to their "Top owners / brass" would be to give them some money to use for upgrading amenities so that they aren't perceived as "old" or cheap. The internet is great, the rooms and beds are fabulous - mgmt should see that this hotel has everything going for it except being allowed to totally upgrade all the levels of the rooms. My team has said over and over, this hotel feels like "home" and the staff always treat us like royalty. Views are awesome and the location is very quiet.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
CrownePlazaMilpitas, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley, responded to this review, May 26, 2011
Dear 077jsb,

Thank you so much for sharing your kind words and feedback with the TripAdvisor community. I'm very pleased to hear that our Banquet and Sales team have been responsive to your needs no matter what the situation. In regards to your comments about receiving additional funding I will certainly share those thoughts with our ownership and hopefully they will factor this into any decisions going forward.

Once again I sincerely thank you for your review!

Regards,
Greg Liversedge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Korean first
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed May 22, 2011

The CROWNE Plaza is a clean and comfortable hotel. The staff are always attentive and eager to help. That's especially important after a long flight. The rooms are quiet and you'll enjoy a view of the south bay and Silicon Valley. And finally, the CROWNE is close to restaurants and shopping.

1 Thank Eric371
San Jose, California
Reviewed May 20, 2011

Incredible staff, comfortable beds, clean rooms, great location! Parking is free, excellent food. I love this hotel.

1 Thank almmoral
San Jose, California
Reviewed May 20, 2011

The Crowne Plaza is an awesome place to hold a company event, a private party or a weekend stay of which I have have done all three. I have been booking this hotel for my company's annual users conference for the last couple of years now for over 400 clients.
I booked a private party for 100 of my family and friends, and have also stayed on a weekend for relaxation.
The service is excellent!!! The staff is professional, and go out of their way to not only meet but exceed your expectations.
I would highly recommend that you all experience the same level world class service as I have at the Crowne Plaza in Milpitas, CA.
Matthew Swanson and his team of Sales and support staff are AWESOME!!!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Towson, Maryland
Reviewed May 19, 2011

When I travel to San Jose, the Crowne Plaza is home away from home. The customer service from the time you check-in at the registration desk to the lounge at night is off the hook. I would stay no where else. The sleeping rooms are clean, the bed is like sleeping on clouds and the food is good. The bartender is courteous and friendly. The meeting space is great, clean and the staff turn the rooms around quickly. 'If you looking for a place to hold meetings or just a place to sleep, check out the Crowne Plaza you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Just tell them and they will accommodate-guarantee
2 Thank Faithful_Cust0mer
CrownePlazaMilpitas, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley, responded to this review, May 20, 2011
Dear Faithful_Cust0mer,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to share your impressions with the Tripadvisor community. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us and look forward to welcoming you back in the future. It will be a pleasure to share your kind words with our bartenders and meetings staff.

If we can ever be of any assistance in the future please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
Greg Liversedge
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed February 21, 2011

I stayed for 2 nights, and booked this hotel through priceline, for a rate of $46 per night (total cost with taxes and fees was $109 for 2 nights).

It's been years since I stayed at a Crown Plaza, and although I like Holiday Inn Express, I was ambivalent about this. The hotel turned out to be perfectly nice, but nothing fancy.

The room was spacious, well laid out, and the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was decent, but nothing fancy. They don't have flat screen TV's, and if you want to use the sleep timer, you have to set it directly on the TV, rather than by using the remote. Good, but not great selection of TV channels (they have Comedy Central, but no TLC, no Bravo)

The heater was annoyingly loud -- I ended up cranking it way up to warm the room up, then turning it off for the night.

The shopping center across the street is fun to explore -- most if not all of the businesses are Chinese -- and I think many of the employees don't speak English. I've eaten there twice, and wasn't thrilled with the food, but it was o.k. There's also a Starbucks located just across the street from the hotel in the opposite direction (inside a car wash, but it's a "real" Starbucks).

Overall, the hotel compares very favorably to 3 1/2 star hotels I've stayed at in the area (Beverly Heritage, Sheraton Sunnyvale), and I'd stay there again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank chbruce
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed August 19, 2010

Wifi in the evening is terrible. Way too slow to use for skype calls.

Crappy CRT TV.

Clean room. Decent size. Good bed. Good bathroom. Restaurants a very short drive.

Staff wern't overly friendly.

Breakfast was average.