“Wonderful hotel”

Residence Inn Milpitas Silicon Valley
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed here for a soccer tournament, and it was one of our team's favorite hotels. Comfortable beds, clean and spacious rooms, wonderful hot breakfast, and many other conveniences like work out room and laundry. The two bedroom suite had a queen bed in one room, a king bed in another room, and a fold out couch. It also included two bedrooms. Perfect for a large number of people.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed May 16, 2013

My husband stayed here because he was taking his CCIE lab exam. I contacted the manager to see about doing something special for him to wish him good luck. I gave Dora, the manager, the background story and after several back and forth emails, she went ahead and provided a gift basket with goodies to my husband free of charge just because he had already done so much to prepare for this test. I was in awe of their way to deliver above and beyond to help their guests feel right at home. She was not obligated in any way to do any of this, but she and her staff felt the need to go above and beyond of what was expected because they take pride in what they do. I highly recommend this hotel. My husband has stayed at this hotel at least 4 times in the past and he has reported that every single time he has stayed the customer service has been exceptional!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I was in town attending a conference at the Santa Clara Convention Center and decided to bring my family with me. I was able to get a two bedroom suite here for less than a standard room at the hotels much closer to the CC. The checkin staff gave me a choice of rooms providing the pros and cons of each the three rooms. I can't remember the last time I was given that kind of customer service. I can see how it might add time to people's check-ins if they are indecisive. I appreciated it.

The rooms are cookie cutter Residence Inn, but that's what I expected. Plenty of space, each kid in their own space. So nice!!

The Internet is fast and wired is provided in the room. This seems old school, but with 3 kids and 2 adults, that equated to 10 different phones, tablets, and computers for work and homework. I carry an Apple Airport Extreme with me, and with wired I plug that in and instantly everyone has wireless and no one is asking for help connecting their devices.

The hot breakfast in the morning was great, varying each day. The evening appetizers were ok. I was happy to see a soda fountain in the lounge, it's nice not having to ask for soda (as a non coffee drinker).

We had problems with two of the in-room TV's and when I brought that to the attention of the front desk, they informed the manager and he went out of his way to make up for the problem.

If you are in the area for work or pleasure (Great America), this hotel is a great alternative to the San Jose or Sunnyvale properties. It's more modern, and the staff is the epitome of Marriott Customer Service.

Room Tip: As a lifetime Marriott Platinum I strongly recommend this hotel.
Reviewed April 2, 2013

My family of 4 stayed here 2 nights on March 29-31. We had a King Studio Suite. It was spacious and the set up was nice. Check in was quick and easy. We were assigned a room in Building A. The outside of the buildings looks old and looks like they could use some fixing up. Also, the hallways look dated. But, the rooms are updated, modern, and clean. Our room had a kitchen area, with full size fridge, stove top, sink, microwave, and dishwasher. We loved the couch.

Parking was a little tight in the back, but we never had trouble finding a spot. Breakfast we just Ok for a residence inn. Hot foods - pancakes, eggs, sausage, oatmeal etc. Cold foods included fresh cut fruit, yogurt, and boiled eggs. There was also make your own waffles. It would have been nice to have paper plates and bowls out so that you could take things back to your room. There was none out!

The location is pretty nice too. We were next door to a Chevron/Subway. Also, Walmart is about a 5 or 10 minute drive away, along with a bunch of restaurants and eating options. The hotel is right off the highway, but we didn't hear the noise.

Bathroom sink was separate from the shower/tub/toilet area. It would have been nice to have luggage stand in the room to put our suitcase on.

We did hear some noise upstairs from the person staying above us. We could hear him walking around. But it wasn't too bad.

I would stay here again. We enjoyed our stay and got a good rate thanks to my husband's corporate discount.

Oh, I forgot to mention some nice touches that I found very refreshing for a hotel ---

At check in - the lady gave me a welcome bag with two 20 oz. bottles of Aquafina water and a small package of nutter butter cookies. My son ate those right away!
After we go to our room, about 15 minutes later, we get a call from the front desk making sure everything was OK and if we needed everything. I thought was very nice.
On our second night, we got a knock on the door and someone gives us a little bag filled with hershey kisses and a Thank You Card for staying at the hotel.

Great stay and friendly staff. Definitely recommend and will stay again if in the area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
lance g, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Milpitas Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2015

Thank you so much for sharing your comments with us. We humbly apologize for the issues that you experienced during your recent stay and i assure you that we have addressed your concerns with our staff so that we can provide better service to our future guests. I would like to invite you back to stay with us so please contact me directly at 408-941-9222 so that we can further discuss. Thank you for your time.

Lance Greco
Front Office Manager

Reviewed March 26, 2013

First of all room and grounds of hotel the hotel were nice and clean. Tried to reserve a two bedroom two bathroom unit with a roll-in shower, which was not confirmed at reservation time. At check-in the two bedroom unit with a roll-in shower was already taken, but as an alternative Maggie at the front desk, Told us they were making another room with a roll-in shower near our two bed room unit available for our use. Now that is making sure we had everything we needed! Every staff member at the hotel would greet you with a hello and ask if you needed anything. Maggie from the front desk even contacted us in the middle of our stay to make sure everything worked out well. The hotel obviously focuses on good customer service for its guests!

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Spent a night here after a wedding in Salinas. Hotel looks new and is very clean. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful. Room was spacious, quiet, and comfortable. Hot breakfast was great. Recommended!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Paul M
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Our house is under renovation and at times, we need a place to stay when the fumes from painting or staining is a bit too much. I chose this hotel because of its location and having stayed here I would definitely return.

Walking in to the lobby you notice that the hotel has recently received a renovation to make it look modern but also inviting.

Checking in was a breeze. As a Marriott Gold Member, I also received complimentary water and a small snack which was a nice unexpected perk.

I reserved a room with a king size bed and a pull out sofa bed. As we headed to our room, we were greeted by staff members who were friendly and happy. It really made it feel like we were welcomed guests that sometimes you don't get at fancier or more expensive hotels.

Walking in to the room, I noticed the room was spacious and updated. The bathroom was clean and there were plenty of towels. The kitchen area was a good size and the long table top provided a good place to eat and also prep your cooking if you needed to. The full size fridge and microwave was a great amenity to have.

The manager's reception that evening included enchiladas, salad along with chip and dip. There were also assorted drinks to choose from. The staff prepping the food and serving drinks were very friendly. I noticed there were assorted seating which included booths with your own tv, tall bar stools and small tables.

The next morning we went for the breakfast which impressed me since the variety from cold cereal, pastries, assorted breads, yogurt, fresh fruit, assorted hot breakfast items and even a make your own waffle station was available. Of course, there were also plenty of juices and coffee to choose from.

The hotel is located off of 880 / Dixon Landing Rd. Nearby is a gas station and a Starbucks. Just an exit or two is McCarthy Ranch which has a plethora of restaurants ranging from Applebees to Black Angus to In-N-Out. There is also a Walmart, Michaels and Bank of America in the plaza for convenience.

On the other side of the 237 there is also a large Asian plaza with an assortment of restaurants and grocery store, Ranch 99.

Our check out was effortless. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to out of town guests to stay here. The location is hard to beat, the amenities are great and the staff makes it a place where you want to return.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family