“This was a far better than I expected for the money, Pleasant stay”
Review of Heritage Inn

Heritage Inn
Ranked #19 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
Las Vegas, Nevada
“This was a far better than I expected for the money, Pleasant stay”
Reviewed March 7, 2011

As soon as we reached the Front Desk we knew we were going to have a pleasant stay at this hotel because of the "big" welcoming smiles that we got from the staff . The lobby, small , with FREE internet access. When we checked in our room we were surpised to see how big the room was with old but good furniture,When we realized that maybe our remote was missing we called the front desk and staff was very happy to send us one in 5 minutes. they called back in 10 minutes to make sure we got it!!! Now that's what I call "trained well" staff. The bed was comfortable and the breakfast was ok. We would stay here again any time and we will tell all our friends about the Sheraton San Jose in Milpitas

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
NE California
Reviewed January 20, 2011

Room was very dirty. Obviously had not been vacuumed recently and could see a very thick layer of dirt in the corner of the room. The beds appeared clean but like the towels were stained. The shower had mold around the tile and the drain cover was not even attached. Stood on a towel to shower..at least the water was hot. Fixtures, carpet, and bathroom vanity were loose and notably dated (rusted, broken etc..), couldn't even close shower door! TV reception was poor. We didn't see any bugs but ended up itching after we climbed into the beds.

Continental breakfast a joke; pieces of cut up muffin, white toast, and small gross looking tangerines. Coffee was good though. Although the water looked clean, pool had a sign on it showing it was closed by health inspector or county. All this for about $80.00, what a rip off!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
san rafael
Reviewed March 4, 2010

When i went into the room it stank like if they had not cleaned it for a while, but i just sprayed my perfume so the smell went away but then when i went to the bed there were some bugs that bite you, i thought there was only one but my husband woke me up at 3 am and he was all bitten so we just wanted to leave so they offered us another room and we went to the other room and it was stinky the blankets looked dirty but I was tired too leave to another hotel plus they did not even want to refund the money

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
San Jose
Reviewed March 3, 2008

Well, I had to book a hotel on the day I needed it. So choice hotels was out of the questions because prices were very high. So I decided to give Expedia a shot. Prices weren't that bad and it came up with Travelodge for about $65 a night total. Not so bad, but there were a few cons upon my arrival.

I stepped into the check in desk and asked to check in. The process was simple and he just told me to sign here and there. After that, I asked him how to access to wireless internet, He said type in the zip code. I told him uhhh ok.

So I went to my room with my girlfriend and the room was very plain in a bad way. Nothing was dirty around the room nor bathroom, just it organized in a very messy way and also the room walls and blankets looked very old, probably more than ten years old.

I then sat on the bed and took out my laptop, and tried to connect to the internet. I tried several times trying to enter the internet but it just didn't work. I called the front desk again and he told me to type in travelodge and the password is the zip code, I did that and it still didn't work. I went down to the front desk where he gave me instructions but he didn't want to tell me himself how to do it.

I went back to my room and saw the instructions weren't even for the same router as the hotels. I then gave up for a few minutes and stared at the instructions again. I found out it was in an ANS III code, which means you put a "3" before each password letter. Meaning if the zip code was 95035, you do "3935303335". A three before each zip code number, THEN THE INTERNET WORKED! After and HOUR frustration.

The internet was not very reliable however, I kept getting disconnected and connected.

The hotel was pretty good otherwise. Shower was burning hot, heater was decent, the bed was very comfortable. I slept pretty quick on the bed, yeah it was that comfortable. HBO on the TV's a big plus, it got my girlfriend stuck on the TV.

Next morning I woke up and got to front desk and just gave them my key and I was done. Breakfast was in the small front desk room also and it wasn't too appetizing. Just some muffins, donuts, cereal, juice, and morning bars. Overall, great stay, but the swimming pool being separated from the facility and also horrible wireless internet. It could've been better, I would recommend it if these small things don't bother you.

• Liked — Close parking, Fast Service, Cheap Value
  • Disliked — Horrible Wireless Internet, Ugly Room, Bad Breakfast
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)