“I can't sleep”

Heritage Inn
Ranked #18 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
“I can't sleep”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I don't know what I was thinking. I rented the room and the manager said they "remodeled". OMG!!!!!
This is by far the filthiest place I have ever been into. I am writting my review while still staying and stuck in this nasty room.
Filthy carpets, sheets smells , pillow awful moldy NOT EVEN CLESN towel. Not kidding you, I paid $92. I appreciate motel 6 now.
How can this be allowed ??? Everything is old and stinks.
Do yourself a favor and stay away don't waste your money!!!!

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank Yaboos

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Arnold, California
Reviewed March 28, 2013

My husband works in the Bay area and it so happened that the job he was working on was at the Powerhouse and only 1.7 miles from this hotel, and in Bay area traffic that is a plus. We have been at this hotel since Dec 2012 and even after the reviews decided to go ahead and give it a chance, I am always looking for a good rate for "us" budget minded people who just want a half way decent place to stay without paying a overrated price like most name Brand hotels charge. These rooms are dated and the carpets in most of the rooms could use to be replaced, along with a updating of TV's, the furniture is dated but works for what you need and there are mini fridges and microwaves. I think the maids could do a better job they seem to be in a hurry when cleaning and don't have a eye for detail, however I never had a issue with getting hold of a sweeper when I needed it, It isn't that a hotel is dated it's how well it's cleaned to me. I for one being we stay for so long clean my own room. NO MAIDS ALLOWED. Which means usually the first day of our stay while my husband is working I detail the room to my specs. When it comes to the customer service aspect of this hotel we had no problems with the people running it, they always asked if everything was okay, respected our privacy and we actually worked out a good deal for a weekly rate for cash. I find that if your working this hotel works out great, if your needing a place for a night or two spend a little more and go to a nicer hotel. But for someone who needs a place to stay because they are going to be here for awhile this hotel works out fine there are plenty of places close to eat, go to the store and laundry. I did want to mention that in the time we have been here I know they have had carpets cleaned and I have seen the pool guy so it isn't like they aren't trying with what they have to work with.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Rebecca C
Auburn, California
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We checked in went to Denny's next door then went to our room. OMG!! there were roaches crawling on the floor. I'm surprised that even the roaches could stand being in the room for more than 5 minutes.

We immediately checked out and had to fight with the owner/manager for a refund because we had been there for more than an hour.

We went across the street to Days Inn and paid $15.00 more had a CLEAN room and Free Breakfast. The front desk clerk was VERY NICE, not like the owner at Heritage Inn (Formally Travelodge)

How can this place even be in business? They really should be shut down!

Room Tip: Days Inn across the street. CLEAN! Free breakfast. $15.00 more
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank D A

Travelers are raving about these Milpitas hotels

Benicia, California
Reviewed June 11, 2012

My company has projects all over this state and as the project manager I also ensure my guys have a good place to stay, so when a last minute schedule change required overnight stay, this hotel was the closest. Needless to say, I felt awful that I didn't do my research on this place! In addition to being dirty and smelly the management was ridiculously unaccommodating. One of my guys was getting off his ste at 4:00 am and we asked for a 1:00pm or 2:00pm check out (instead of 12:00) and they informed me we would be required to pay another night. It sounds a bit trite, but we're talking one hour. He didn't even check in the night before until 9:00 pm! This lack of customer service reflects poorly on the Travelodge franchise itself, I will definitely avoid this brand in the future.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Tabitha D
Manhasset, New York
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Ohh. It was 3 am, our family was tired and we wanted a place to crash.
As soon as we walked into our room, I knew for a fact that it was... wrong.
The fridge had carvings and old stickers on it. Yes, the walls were yellow. And there was this DEEP, PUNGENT smell of VERY strong perfume(Non-Smokers room). As if somebody tried to cover up the smell of decaying animals and smoke with bottles of perfume. The ceiling had black holes in it, the walls were yellow with a bit of black in the corners. Mold, MOLD MOLD! Everywhere in the bathroom. I'd think I'd rather do my business outside in a tree...
Lights, oh let me tell you a funny story!!
As soon as I turned the lamp on, it popped. Popped like a firecracker! :D
I was so disappointing, and my wife and children was about to faint due to the smell.

I still wonder why they're still even in business?! They don't even take care of the rooms yet they expect customers?

The room looked like what I'd see in a horror movie.

Just HORRIBLE !

Room Tip: Don't even choose a room, get away from this hotel before you have to experience the horror.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank K J
Reviewed April 17, 2012

The lady receptionist and the male manager were not accommodating. The room was dirty and has a different smell. The room was not well lighted, and there were limited channels to watch.

• Stayed April 2012
Camarillo, California
Reviewed April 13, 2011

Bare with me, I am still furious. We spent 6 hours in the car getting to our hotel, and it was a disappointment from the minute we pulled in. The hotel looked rundown just like the matching boarded up, barbwire fenced Denny's across the parking lot. I grew up in this city and it made me feel let down just pulling up, little did I know it was just the beginning.

We walked into the office and told the gentleman we wanted to check in. All goes well until he stated that for the room we wanted, we needed to pay more. We booked the room over a month prior on Orbitz in which our credit cards were already charged for the nights. I showed the gentleman (who I found out later was the manager) my print out from Orbitz stating how much the rates were, and what we were charged. He said if we wanted the room we booked, we would need to pay more money and that Orbitz had messed up. We were exhausted from the drive and just wanted to get to our room so I gave him my card and paid more. He gave us our key and we walked to our room.

Upon entering our room (it was a smoking room, which I dont expect to smell like roses) we were overwhelmed by the smell best described as an ashtray full of cigarettes left in the rain. On the floor there were multiple holes in the carpet, a ball of human hair was on the floor, the chairs were stained,the comforter was stained, the walls were deep yellow, and the lamp was broken. I proceeded to the restroom which the door did not close all the way, mold on the ceiling, initials carved into the wood under the window, rusty trash can, and a pen cap jammed into the ceiling. I was LIVID, but we had plans and had to leave to eat dinner.

While out, we called Orbitz trying to get a refund or even help to book another hotel but they said they could not help us unless the hotel agreed to work with us. Orbitz called our hotel where the manager refused to give us any sort of a refund because he claimed the room was fine. This is not Orbitz fault dont get me wrong, they tried to help! Orbitz said the hotel manager was willing to work with us and not to leave. I had my credit card in hand wanted to grab our stuff and get out.

We get back to the hotel where we visit the manager again. We proceeded to talk to him about the room and my boyfriend mentioned and I quote, "I am a guy, and by guy standards its completely disgusting". The manager began to argue with us saying and I quote again, "It is a smoking room, there are going to be holes in the carpet I cant fix it every time I mean what do you expect? What can I do?". He kept saying there was nothing wrong with the room and all he was willing to do was switch us rooms. We figured it was just a losing situation and we would never win so we accepted the room change.

After grabbing a new key card we proceeded to walk to our new room when we hear the manager yell to us "Wait, I already booked that room I need to give you another key card". Really sir? You are that disorganized? Anyways, we go back into the office, grab another key and walk to our new room which was 3 feet from the ice machine and maintenance room and opened the door.

The smell was not nearly as bad however the stains were everywhere, our tv remote did not work, the back of the main door was terribly trashed, tv was fuzzy, mold on the ceilings, more graffiti on the wood under the window and the shower floor was ATROCIOUS. I was so furious I was about to cry.

We go to leave to get some drinks when we notice our front door doesnt lock behind us. I was livid, so I sent my boyfriend to talk to the manager again. He walked with my boyfriend to our room and proceeded to tell my boyfriend it was HIS FAULT the door didnt lock. He said to my boyfriend it was because of the way he opened the door. After a few minutes he fixed it and my boyfriend walked back to my car and we left.

We go to leave the following day to get some breakfast, when behold! Our door doesnt lock....yet again. My boyfriend goes to the manager and says the door didnt lock. Manager comes back and says it just needed WD40, and after a few minutes it locks again. After that I was so angry it practically ruined my trip, we got back to the hotel, got our stuff and left. I have stayed in a hotel before where I saw a roach crawl across the floor, and I thought that was the worst hotel. I swear to you, this was HORRIBLE and the manager was incredibly rude, and not at all willing to do anything about what had happened. I am not trying to not pay for a room, I'm willing to pay for a room for what its worth. I would not pay $10 to stay in a hotel like this. I will NEVER stay in this hotel or any other Travelodge for that matter. I wish I could post all pictures so you all could see how horrible. I did not get a dime back for my hotel stay, nor an apology from the manager. Ridiculous, save yourselves DONT STAY HERE.

Room Tip: Milpitas is a gorgeous, dont stay here.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple