“ALWAYS treated well here”

Sonesta Silicon Valley San Jose
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
Reviewed December 8, 2008

I have stayed here MANY times and only once was disappointed. They have remodled and the place is gorgeous!~ There pool is heated 365 days year which we love. ALL rooms are smoke free now, but I did see people at the pool smoking. Oscar checked us in and could not have been nicer! I paid $52 all taxes on Priceline and USUALLY when you check in and they see Hotwire or Priceline they treat you with an air of "disgust" but not at this hotel. One complaint is that they only offer paper coffee cups , not glass . I asked to have 6 waters delivered and I was charged $1.00 per glass. I thought that was weird.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Write a ReviewReviews (1,042)

Reviewed December 6, 2008

I recently relocated to California, and decided to stay at a hotel for 2 weeks while looking for an apartment. Using Priceline, my bid was accepted by the Beverly Heritage Hotel, a hotel I had never heard of. For the very low rate that was agreed upon, I figured why not? This hotel is a gem...for the 2 weeks I stayed there, I was treated fantastically (other hotels I have stayed at treated me different than other guests because I had used Priceline). The hotel was kept immaculate, the beds were extremely comfortable, and the hotel was very quiet. The pool is kept heated, and at night, they light tiki torches around the pool and the hot tub, which I used frequently. It was like being at an exotic getaway. I actually considered staying longer because of the comfort level I was experiencing. The staff was attentive, and friendly. They offer free shuttle service to and from the airport (San Jose). They have a great restaurant (which I did not dine in, but ordered take out), and a very nice bar, which on Friday evenings is very happening for Happy Hour.
Overall, one of the best hotel experiences I have had, and I've travelled around the world. The value is exceptional.

Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed November 16, 2008

We loved this hotel - tastefully remodelled as a boutique hotel, very nice rooms and even nicer public area. Great jacuzzi and the best brand new fitness room I've seen in hotels of this and better class. We stayed there on and off for 5 times in the summer and loved it every time. Highly recommend it.

Susan in CA

• Stayed: September 2008
Reviewed October 28, 2008

For $~50 (plus taxes) through Hotwire the Beverly Heritage in Milpitas is a fantastic deal mid-week. They are above the quality of the large, inexpensive chains which are similarly-priced. But they have amenities more comparable to the nearby Crowne Plaza for 1/2 the price (CP is a couple of blocks away.) They are not as luxuriously appointed as Crowne Plaza but Beverly Heritage's basic rate include wireless internet and don't charge for local and toll-free phone calls like the profit-conscious Crowne Plaza (Starwood chain.) If Milpitas is the location you need then I highly recommend Beverly Heritage.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Terry1981
Reviewed September 20, 2008

I really like the hotel restaurant. You get a buffet breakfast with your choice of proportions. It isn’t included in the price, but you get your money’s worth.

The rooms are clean. They accept payment in cash, credit card optional.
Free San Jose Airport Shuttle, that you can also use to drive you up to 15km area around the hotel.

It’s right in the middle of silicon valley, and close to a train to San Francisco.

• Stayed: February 2008
Reviewed September 13, 2008

Our friends who live in San Jose booked us in to this hotel and we have no complaints at all. The rooms where comfortable and if you have a car there seems to be ample car parking space. One tip in this regard - I asked staff where the nearest landromat was and they gave me directions (they assumed I had a car and I walked for miles without getting to it!). The staff where fine perhaps a bit standoffish but helpful when asked.

Might be set in a difficult location for tourists if you don't have a car or gracious hosts.

I must commend them on their approach to financial matters. We found some months after our stay that both ourselves and our hosts had paid for the accommodation. Obviously this should not have happened but when I emailed them with details they promptly agreed to resolve the matter.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2008

Never again, Bad service, Bad front desk, Bad Security and the all night wedding party of one of the employees friends was a bunch of Rude people and the staff would not quiet them down. I had to check out at 3am and go to another motel.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
3  Thank Makenaken
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milpitas
Hilton Garden Inn San Jose/Milpitas
Sheraton San Jose Hotel
Sheraton San Jose Hotel
#4 of 20 in Milpitas
La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport

Been to Sonesta Silicon Valley San Jose? Share your experiences!