“They saved my cookies by shipping my computer”

Sonesta Silicon Valley San Jose
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
Las Vegas, NV
“They saved my cookies by shipping my computer”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We've always appreciated the quality of accommodations and high service level of the Beverly Heritage Hotel, in many visits over the years. However, this last visit they completely saved me from a potential disaster. We left a laptop behind and drove off beyond cell phone range. The manager scooped up the laptop, packaged it, and shipped it to us Fedex overnight. He even called me from the Fedex office to confirm the shipping address and send me the tracking number. This is service above and beyond the call of duty from a hotel. We will stay here again, every time we're in Silicon Valley.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Patricia M, General Manager at Sonesta Silicon Valley San Jose, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent visit with The Beverly Heritage Hotel. I appreciate hearing from our guests.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed our staff; we like to believe we have the best team in Milpitas! We like to take care of our guests and appreciate the time you have taken to acknowledge this.

Your review will not go unnoticed and will certainly be displayed proudly for our team to read.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Please call on me if I may be of further assistance.

Patricia Morreale

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Pros:

-This place was perfect for the low key, uneventful, lets-just-get-through-the-week business trip. I would look elsewhere if you are booking a family vacation or looking for a more luxurious experience.

-Good location for silicon valley. You are 10 to 20 minutes (driving) away from a lot of different restaurant and shopping options. Very close to SJC airport.

-King size bed was very comfortable and seemed to be clean.

-The free breakfast all week was awesome! But, I learned that it cost around $20-25 (after a tip) dollars if you didn't get free breakfast when you booked the room. I loved it because it was free, but had it cost me 20 bucks every morning then I would have skipped it and found a cheaper option. It was a good hardy breakfast, but not $20 dollars good.

-Hot tub was functioning all week and was a nice amenity.

-Restaurant staff during breakfast were very professional and friendly.

Cons:

These were all nit-picky things for me that did not take much away from the overall experience, but thought I would mention everything for the sake of the review and people trying to make informed decisions.

-Toilets seemed very low to the ground and smaller than normal diameter or circumference.

-One weird rusty looking stain in the sink of room 238

-A couple of other stains on the carpet.

-Stain on the couch that looked like it was from 1970s

-Not having a refrigerator in the room was very disappointing.

-There did not seem to be any kind of movie rental services available. If there was, then I did not see anything that informed me about it or how to access it.

-I am sure room service was available, but I did not see any type of menu or advertising for it other than a "room service" button on the telephone. Had a menu been available in the room, I probably would have tried it a couple of times to avoid getting out in the San Jose traffic.

-Hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes in the workout room were empty the entire week, almost like they were not even being checked. I used the weight room facility 4 times throughout the week, and never had a way to wipe down and sanitize the equipment before and after use.

-Furniture and décor seem old and outdated.

-If you have people above you, it can get pretty noisy.

Room Tip: This place allows pets so look elsewhere if that bothers you or if you have allergies.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I have ensured we have menus in all of our guest rooms and hand sanitizer in our fitness center.

We are in the planning stages of a renovation scheduled for later this year. The renovation will include all guest rooms and public areas. I do hope you have another opportunity to stay with us on your next visit to Silicon Valley.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Please call on me if I may be of further assistance to you.
Granite bay, CA
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The rooms were older but nicely updated and the entire place felt luxurious for the money. I will definitely go there again the next time I need to stay in the San Jose area. I would recommend it to friends.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Rooms are good and well maintained. More TV programs are required, there are hardly any good channels. Rooms and swimming Pool are good. Well maintained property.Needs to improve on the breakfast menu (considering the cost).

Stockholm
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I stayed at the Beverly Heritage Hotel for the first time earlier this month and was overall satisfied. The staff is very friendly, both at the front desk and in the restaurant. My rate came with complimentary breakfast and I was pleased to discover a full breakfast buffet including a guy making omelettes and waffles to order. Coming from a nordic European country I was also happy to be served bottomless glasses of fresh orange juice. The room was large and well equipped. My only complaint is that it wasn't very exciting and the small window did not let in much natural light. I'm not a big fan of wall-to-wall carpets and noticed that it wasn't as clean as I would have preferred. The complimentary internet worked for almost all my needs, but the bitrate seemed to low for allowing smooth phone calls via the internet (Skype style). But overall, for the price I paid, I was satisfied.

Philadelphia
Reviewed July 24, 2013

The suites are a great value. Living rm area separate from bedroom. Clean. Service great. Only enhancement suggestions would be: a) update bathtub/shower...the non-slip in the tub has worn away in some rooms and it can be slippery when showering; b) the room fridge can be noisy...maybe replace with a smaller one; c) get more HD channels (nit pick).

Room Tip: The concierge rooms are great if you can get in there. Suites are nice but sometimes a regular room...

Riverside, California, United States
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I stay at this hotel every time I visit the area (3-4 times a year) and I have never been dissapointed! Awesome staff clean and well maintained. I always rest easy when I travel and know I am staying there.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Milpitas
Sheraton San Jose Hotel
Sheraton San Jose Hotel
#4 of 20 in Milpitas
Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley
Hilton Garden Inn San Jose/Milpitas
Embassy Suites by Hilton Milpitas Silicon Valley
HYATT House San Jose/Silicon Valley
DoubleTree by Hilton San Jose

Been to Sonesta Silicon Valley San Jose? Share your experiences!