“Excellent Business Hotel!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
Oakland, California
“Excellent Business Hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2011

This hotel has thought of everything for the business traveler, even the standard rooms are spacious and when you upgrade to the suite with it's separate living room you can comfortably have a business meeting and remain productive on your business trips. The staff is exceptional, Rosa our housekeeper was very pleasant, attentive and always left the room clean smelling good. The morning staff at breakfast was also great, always in a good mood and anxious to help and get what every you needed. Jaime always remembered what i always ordered and had my decaf and orange/cran mix ready! You almost don't mind being away from home when you get pampered like this.

Room Tip: They are all good as far as I can tell and I have been in 5 different rooms over the last year
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BeverlyHeritageHotel, General Manager at Sonesta Silicon Valley San Jose, responded to this review, October 25, 2011
Only when our guests are fully satisfied do we feel that we have done our job and it seems that we achieved that goal with you! It’s nice to hear that you experienced our passion first hand while enjoying personal and friendly interactions with our staff. All of us at The Beverly Heritage Hotel would like to thank you for your amazing review and we look forward to pampering you again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Farnham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2011

As hotels go this in France for example would be a standard 3* no frills $100 per night type, but I booked this hotel for a 2 night stay and have to say the room, the setting, breakfast lounge and staff were fine. I did receive an upgraded room, so there was a lounge with it, suitable sized bathroom, couple of large flat screen tv's and usual tea and coffee making facilities. The breakfasts were good as well the dinners and the bar staff really friendly. also worth noting there was an IT event in the area one of the "big-ones" was hosting a technical seminar and quite a few were staying in the hotel...so obviously a decent choice from their perspective..and I would agree. You will require a car, there is a hotel bus that I believe takes you to San Jose and/or SFO airports. Weather excellent..didn't use the pool...yes i'd stay there again without hesitation.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank SimonPSurrey
BeverlyHeritageHotel, General Manager at Sonesta Silicon Valley San Jose, responded to this review, September 27, 2011
With a locality that is convenient to San Jose and Santa Clara, along with our complimentary shuttle, the Beverly Heritage Hotel gives business travelers the perfect location for their stay. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations, the service, and the amazing culinary fare at Brandon’s Restaurant. Your patronage is certainly appreciated and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2011

Fairly remote location at the tip of the south bay in Milpitas. Good sized room with noisy AC, average carpeting, torn and dirty furniture. Mattress was especially soft, and provided absolutely no support (I am used to sleeping on great Tempurpedic mattresses). Good speed, free internet. Free outdoor parking. Average looking hallway. Outdated low, popcorn ceiling results in poor air circulation and stale smell in the room. Small window doesn't allow too much sunlight. Cheap rates on priceline is the only highlight of the hotel, in my opinion. I did not try the hotel or gym onsite.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank SSantyB
We are truly sorry that your experience at our hotel was not a better one. Letting us know immediately if there are any problems with your room is the best way for us to ensure your stay is enjoyable. However it is good to see that our free internet access and parking worked out so well for you. Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable opinion and we welcome the opportunity to create the experience that wholeheartedly reflects our hotel.
Granada Hills, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2011

Immaculate, quiet, great breakfast buffet at Brandon's included in our package, a lovely bottle of wine and box of chocolates delivered for our anniversary, close to San Francisco and very clost to San Jose. We came on a long weekend to celebrate and had a great time! Winchester Mystery House is a must! Take the full tour that includes "behind the scenes". Tech Museum would have been more fun with the kids but, was a little disappointing with pieces missing for the hands on exhibits because people did come with their kids. Saw Harry Potter on the IMAX, though, and that part was great!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BeverlyHeritageHotel, General Manager at Sonesta Silicon Valley San Jose, responded to this review, September 13, 2011
Happy Anniversary to you both! We are so honored to have been your choice of accommodations during such a special time in your life. Built by the Winchester Rifle heiress, the Winchester House is not only a frightfully good time, but a great museum and mansion to explore. Thank you for letting us know that all of us here at the Beverly Heritage Hotel were able to make your anniversary a memorable one. Your kind comments are truly appreciated and we look forward to having you as a guest in the near future.
Lynnwood, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2011

I would've given the Beverly Heritage 5 stars but in May I've started to plan my husbands 50th Birthday party at the Beverly Heritage, made the reservation, planed the buffett, sent out invitations to the guests. A month before the event I checked in with the event manager only to find out that they had replaced my event with another more profitable event. I was offered to do my event on another day which of course was not possible since the invitations were sent out and.....rescheduling a 50th B-day surprise party? Really? So I had to look for a new place for my party, send out new invitations and so on. The the really scarry part was that I was notified of this change when I called to confirm things. They did not call me to cancel at all. What would've happen if I never called them? Anyway, we had our party at another location and it was a total success.

We were 8 people and stayed at the Beverly Heritage for 6 days. The breakfast buffet is great, lots of choices, which we liked very much. The rooms are comfortabe and clean. The staff was very friendly and attentive, especially Justino went the extra mile to make this a great experience for us. Armando the cook, made super yummy omletts for us and was very friendly as well.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
It was nice to actually meet you during your stay here and after being made aware of the unfortunate mix-up with our Catering Sales Team, we offer our heartfelt and sincerest apologies. Although we regret missing the opportunity to host your event as originally planned, it’s nice to hear that the time spent at the Beverly Heritage Hotel by your large party was made extra special by our staff. Please extend our best wishes and congratulations to your husband for his 50th birthday. We hope that in the future we can welcome you back to the Beverly Heritage Hotel.
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2011

I travel constantly throughout the US and make repeated trips to the Milpitas Calif. area. I have been staying at the Beverly Heritage Hotel for that last couple of months and have found the staff more than willing to ensure my stay is comfortable. Be sure to ask for Shayla at the front desk for the best room, Victoria and Phillite in the onsite restaurant for special food requirements (I have custom meals upon request). Steve and staff will run you anywhere in the area with their hotel van.
Plus, plus on service.

Ken

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BeverlyHeritageHotel, General Manager at Sonesta Silicon Valley San Jose, responded to this review, September 7, 2011
Everyone at the Beverly Heritage Hotel, especially those specifically mentioned, is honored by your wonderful comments. We make every attempt to personalize our service and we are delighted to learn how much you enjoyed that experience. Thank you for your continued patronage throughout the last couple of months and we hope to always welcome you back whenever you visit the Milpitas area.
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2011

Stayed there 8/20/11 a Saturday night. @2120 I went down to the restaurant for a quick bite to eat. Their menu said they are open till 2230. There were a few people still there. There was a sign that clearly said "Please wait to be seated." So I waited, and waited, and waited. There was a good huddle of people by the club entrance though with loud music and scantily clad "clubbers". I could not tell who's wait staff, bouncer. But I still waited. A good 10 mins later, still no one came to seat me. I saw a guy wait on a group of diners finishing up, I'm pretty sure he saw me, well if the restaurant is closing, he could have told me they are closed? At least, that's what the front desk guy told me that they are now closed. I wish there was a sign. But he said I can still order room service. So I told him to place my order for "steak and frittes" because by the time I get to my room to order, I would've wasted another 10 mins. Sorry, but I live my life by the clock. As soon as I get to my room, the restaurant called to confirm my order. I told him what happened in the restaurant while I was there and he apologized for the inconvenience. In another 20 mins, I had my dinner. This hotel has good strategy in customer recovery. Whoever handled my complaint did a pretty impressive job and should be made manager. I think the hotel will have better chances resuscitating to it's old glory if all the staff had that kind of attitude, along with a few room updates. I certainly will go back again another time.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
BeverlyHeritageHotel, General Manager at Sonesta Silicon Valley San Jose, responded to this review, August 30, 2011
It is certainly is understandable to experience frustration while waiting to be seated and we apologize for the mishaps you encountered. We are delighted to learn that one of our team members assisted you in turning it into a positive situation. It is our wish at The Beverly Heritage Hotel that all of our guests have genuine service interactions and your feedback allows us to pinpoint where we can make improvements. We would welcome an opportunity to have you visit again to regain your trust in our service and hospitality. Thank you for sharing your experience.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milpitas
Sheraton San Jose Hotel
Larkspur Landing Milpitas
Larkspur Landing Milpitas
#12 of 20 in Milpitas
La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport

Been to Sonesta Silicon Valley San Jose? Share your experiences!