“Great Vacation Stay”

Sonesta Silicon Valley San Jose
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
Reviewed September 3, 2011

I would've given the Beverly Heritage 5 stars but in May I've started to plan my husbands 50th Birthday party at the Beverly Heritage, made the reservation, planed the buffett, sent out invitations to the guests. A month before the event I checked in with the event manager only to find out that they had replaced my event with another more profitable event. I was offered to do my event on another day which of course was not possible since the invitations were sent out and.....rescheduling a 50th B-day surprise party? Really? So I had to look for a new place for my party, send out new invitations and so on. The the really scarry part was that I was notified of this change when I called to confirm things. They did not call me to cancel at all. What would've happen if I never called them? Anyway, we had our party at another location and it was a total success.

We were 8 people and stayed at the Beverly Heritage for 6 days. The breakfast buffet is great, lots of choices, which we liked very much. The rooms are comfortabe and clean. The staff was very friendly and attentive, especially Justino went the extra mile to make this a great experience for us. Armando the cook, made super yummy omletts for us and was very friendly as well.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
BeverlyHeritageHotel, General Manager at Sonesta Silicon Valley San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2011

It was nice to actually meet you during your stay here and after being made aware of the unfortunate mix-up with our Catering Sales Team, we offer our heartfelt and sincerest apologies. Although we regret missing the opportunity to host your event as originally planned, it’s nice to hear that the time spent at the Beverly Heritage Hotel by your large party was made extra special by our staff. Please extend our best wishes and congratulations to your husband for his 50th birthday. We hope that in the future we can welcome you back to the Beverly Heritage Hotel.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,041)

Reviewed August 30, 2011

I travel constantly throughout the US and make repeated trips to the Milpitas Calif. area. I have been staying at the Beverly Heritage Hotel for that last couple of months and have found the staff more than willing to ensure my stay is comfortable. Be sure to ask for Shayla at the front desk for the best room, Victoria and Phillite in the onsite restaurant for special food requirements (I have custom meals upon request). Steve and staff will run you anywhere in the area with their hotel van.
Plus, plus on service.

Ken

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
BeverlyHeritageHotel, General Manager at Sonesta Silicon Valley San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2011

Everyone at the Beverly Heritage Hotel, especially those specifically mentioned, is honored by your wonderful comments. We make every attempt to personalize our service and we are delighted to learn how much you enjoyed that experience. Thank you for your continued patronage throughout the last couple of months and we hope to always welcome you back whenever you visit the Milpitas area.

Reviewed August 21, 2011

Stayed there 8/20/11 a Saturday night. @2120 I went down to the restaurant for a quick bite to eat. Their menu said they are open till 2230. There were a few people still there. There was a sign that clearly said "Please wait to be seated." So I waited, and waited, and waited. There was a good huddle of people by the club entrance though with loud music and scantily clad "clubbers". I could not tell who's wait staff, bouncer. But I still waited. A good 10 mins later, still no one came to seat me. I saw a guy wait on a group of diners finishing up, I'm pretty sure he saw me, well if the restaurant is closing, he could have told me they are closed? At least, that's what the front desk guy told me that they are now closed. I wish there was a sign. But he said I can still order room service. So I told him to place my order for "steak and frittes" because by the time I get to my room to order, I would've wasted another 10 mins. Sorry, but I live my life by the clock. As soon as I get to my room, the restaurant called to confirm my order. I told him what happened in the restaurant while I was there and he apologized for the inconvenience. In another 20 mins, I had my dinner. This hotel has good strategy in customer recovery. Whoever handled my complaint did a pretty impressive job and should be made manager. I think the hotel will have better chances resuscitating to it's old glory if all the staff had that kind of attitude, along with a few room updates. I certainly will go back again another time.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
BeverlyHeritageHotel, General Manager at Sonesta Silicon Valley San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2011

It is certainly is understandable to experience frustration while waiting to be seated and we apologize for the mishaps you encountered. We are delighted to learn that one of our team members assisted you in turning it into a positive situation. It is our wish at The Beverly Heritage Hotel that all of our guests have genuine service interactions and your feedback allows us to pinpoint where we can make improvements. We would welcome an opportunity to have you visit again to regain your trust in our service and hospitality. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Reviewed August 18, 2011

We stayed at the Beverly Heritage Hotel in early August 2011. We had requested a crib be provided several days in advance and called again the day before to confirm that a crib would be in the room as well. After checking in and going up to our room, we discovered that the crib was not there. We called down to the front desk and after waiting for 30 minutes, it was finally delivered.
Walking thru our room, we noticed that the room was less than clean...
--the bath tub had a noticable pink ring (we scrubbed it with a towel and shampoo)
--doors were covered with sticky finger prints (jam? blood?)
--window looked to be encrusted with bodily fluids (yuck!)
We had to call down for garbage bags to line the trashcans and for kleenex and paper cups for the coffee maker. Housekeeping never replaced the trash bags (did they want us to place the dirty diapers and poopy wipes in the trash can without a liner?) Despite the sign on the door to clean the room immediately (which we place on the door at 8am), the room was never cleaned until 2pm, which always delayed our kids' nap when we came back in the afternoon.
The sleeper sofa in the room had a rip in the cushions which was pinned together with a safety pin. The springs were visible and sharp. We piled pillows from the bed on the springs to keep our son from ripping out his face should he roll towards the side of the bed in the middle of the night.
The bright side of the trip was breakfast at Brandon's. The restaurant staff was very professional and courteous. They were very attentive in refilling the fruit platters and always asked us first before refilling our kids' water/juice glasses.
I would not recommend this hotel for families travelling with young children.

1  Thank vanmei

Feedback from our guests is a very important part of improving our service. We are pleased that you included positive comments about our staff at Brandon’s Restaurant and our popular breakfast buffet. Regretfully, we missed several opportunities to create the enjoyable experience you deserved. We encourage our guests to let us know of any concerns during their stay, such as the sleeper sofa springs, so we can address them immediately. Your review will be shared with our management associates to reemphasize with the staff the importance of attentive service and focus on details. Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns regarding your stay with us.

Reviewed August 14, 2011

The Beverly Heritage was a home away from home. The staff is extremely friendly and professional. We found the hotel to be very clean. They also have the flat screen tv's which is nice. Always had a great sleep, beds and pillows so comfortable. I would say this hotel is great for a family vacation, just a weekend getaway or a business trip. The staff has a above and beyond attitude:)

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
BeverlyHeritageHotel, General Manager at Sonesta Silicon Valley San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2011

It always warms our hearts when the feedback we receive states we were a home away from home! This touches the very essence of what we strive to achieve in the hospitality industry. We are honored by your gracious review and acknowledgment of our staff. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back home again to the Beverly Heritage Hotel.

Reviewed August 5, 2011

I'm in our room right now... it ok but not a three and a half star. Old ceiling. Rusty toilet paper holder and the linens are shabby.... kinda wish I spent the extra 15 bucks to stay across the street.

• Stayed: August 2011
BeverlyHeritageHotel, General Manager at Sonesta Silicon Valley San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2011

Thank you for taking a moment to let us know about your stay. We are truly sorry that your experience is not what you expected. Please know that we encourage our guests to let us know if they have any issues during their stay so we may address them immediately. We have notified our housekeeping staff regarding the issues with the room; thank you for bringing these points to our attention.

Reviewed August 3, 2011

We loved the hotel The staff was friendly and made sure we felt right at home.
The rooms were very nice, clean and comtemporary.
Location was good
Pool was great. In fact we were invited to a barbeque by the pool which included drinks, dinner and music - what a nice surprise.
Throughout our stay we saw who I assume was the manager, he always greeted us and made sure we had whatever we needed.
I hope to return to California some day and would love to stay there again

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business

We strive to give that feeling of a home away from home to all our guests so it’s an especially cherished compliment to read that is what you experienced here at The Beverly Heritage Hotel. Our Splash Sunday poolside BBQ event is always so much fun, it was our pleasure to extend the invitation to you. It would be our pleasure to welcome you should you return to California! Thank you for the wonderful review.