“A bit obscure..”

Sheraton San Jose Hotel
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
“A bit obscure..”
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

The Sheraton Sam Jose is really nice, but everything is extra. Wifi, water, etc. which is no big deal but you get paranoid you're going to be charged for something you didn't realize. The bed was comfortable, our room overlooked the pool and was very quiet. It is about 3 from restaurants or things to do. Even those are limited. Overall it was very nice, but I'm not sure we would make the same decision again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
rlangley, General Manager at Sheraton San Jose Hotel, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Thank you for your feedback, we' are happy to hear that you had a nice experience.
I am sorry that you feel uncertain about the hotel charges, it is not our goal to make you uncomfortable. However, we do provide complimentary water in our guest rooms and complimentary WiFi is also available in the lobby and restaurant areas of the hotel. The hotel has other features such as the heated pool and the newly renovated fitness center too which is complimentary for hotel guests to use.
We hope to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sitges, Spain
Reviewed April 10, 2014

I stayed here once for only 12 hours. I liked it so I thought I'd try again, being closer to my clients. The first couple of nights were not good. The room faced the 880 which by 4am was a roar of traffic through the ill fitting windows and aircon unit. What kept me away before that was the main hum transmission from the adjacent rooms, in the walls and the ceiling. I put the first night down to jet lag but by the second morning I asked to move. They were able to accommodate my request, and this time I was allocated a preferred guest room two floors higher overlooking the pool area. Not quite sure why I didn't get an SPG room initially. They said they were busy, well fair enough but I booked this months ago.
My new room, bigger, better and not quite as noisy. No mains hum from the adjacent room, but the roar of the pool waterfall all night. Is that really necessary? I did sleep better, but unfortunately I have slept even better at other Sheratons in the area. I'll have to think again.

Room Tip: Don't get a room overlooking the 880 unless you sleep with earplugs, or you're from the city...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
rlangley, General Manager at Sheraton San Jose Hotel, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
First of all, thank you for staying with us again. I am sorry that your experience was not as comfortable as you expected; however, I value your feedback and appreciate that you share it. Whenever available, we try to provide our SPG guests with an enhanced room type. So, hopefully, you will give us another opportunity. Thanks again.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Great hotel -- really nice accommodation + fantastic service that continued even after I'd gone home: (I accidentally left a shirt in my room; the staff were super-helpful and mailed it back to my home address in the UK for free!!) Couldn't recommend it enough.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
rlangley, General Manager at Sheraton San Jose Hotel, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent experience here at the San Jose Sheraton Hotel. I am happy to hear that our team took care of your needs even after leaving the hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back when you come to the San Jose area again!
Charleston SC
Reviewed April 4, 2014

There were a few issues with the lobby computers and Ryan and Kris were both fast and efficient at fixing the issue for me. Would recommend them to anyone.

The hotel restaurant not as good though

but overall customer service****** GREAT

1 Thank drlatter
rlangley, General Manager at Sheraton San Jose Hotel, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Thank you for telling us about how both Ryan and Kris took care of your concerns immediately. They are both reliable individuals and I amproud to have them on our team. Thank you for your commendation and for giving us your feedback!
Petaluma
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Always enjoy my stays here. Very nice hotel. Decently appointed. Acceptable prices. Good service at the front desk. Comfortable bed. Decent Wi-Fi. In general nothing at all to complain about for a business hotel.

However, the lounge? C'mon. Its a hotel room converted to a lounge. Very small, not much room inside. Not much food either. A mini fridge with a few sodas and waters. Some chips & salsa in the evening. Maybe one tray of one type of appetizer, something you could buy in the freezer at Safeway. Lots of places you can make do with the lounge food for a meal. Not here. I generally look at the options and leave without taking anything other than some waters. Its really just unacceptable.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and our future guests. You are right about the lounge being small and unfortunately, we can't do much about that. However, we change the menu for the evening hors d' oeuvres reception so that it is not the same everyday, but it is really not meant to be a full meal either. We will explore other options to improve. Thank you again for letting us know about your experience. We look forward to your next visit.
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed in more hotels that I can count in San Jose and this place is hands down THE BEST... Beautifully furnished, great location, comfortable beds, awesome staff, quiet, clean... Well, you get the picture...

Highly recommend it....

Stayed March 2014
rlangley, General Manager at Sheraton San Jose Hotel, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Thank you for sharing your feedback! It feels good to know that we took care of you and that we were able to provide you with a great experience. Thank you for your recommendation to our future guests and we look forward to welcoming you back!
San Ramon
Reviewed March 25, 2014

The front desk guy was very helpful. Even proactive when he determined that based on who was traveling, that our king bed would be insufficient. He got us back on track. A very pleasant experience. We would stay again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the courtyard side rather than the freeway side.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank CARainmaker
rlangley, General Manager at Sheraton San Jose Hotel, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay at the San Jose Sheraton Hotel. It's great to hear about our associates who make the experience a pleasant one because they anticipate your needs. Although there were no names mentioned, we will give special recognition to our front desk team!
Thanks again and we look forward to your next stay.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milpitas
Sonesta Silicon Valley San Jose
Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley
Hilton Garden Inn San Jose/Milpitas
HYATT House San Jose/Silicon Valley
Embassy Suites by Hilton Milpitas Silicon Valley
Courtyard Milpitas Silicon Valley

Been to Sheraton San Jose Hotel? Share your experiences!