“Very nice”

Sheraton San Jose Hotel
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
Reviewed August 18, 2013

This is a very nice hotel and the staff were awesome. The pool is the best I've ever experienced when they say heated it's for real which made swimming at night a pleasure. On the down side if you want a microwave or internet connection (WiFi free) it will cost you extra. Overall very comfy for a family of four.

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly we got an unadvertised price for a suite.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lloyd T
rlangley, General Manager at Sheraton San Jose Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. The heated pool is truly a great feature of the hotel; it's an unexpected treat for many who are not familiar with the area because we are located in a business park. And we have the largest outdoor pool, in a nicely landscaped courtyard. Because you enjoyed your stay, I hope that you will find time to visit again!

Reviewed August 18, 2013

We had requested via SPG Platinum Concierge to book us connecting rooms here. When I called the hotel to let them know that we were coming in late and to make sure that the rooms would still be available, I was told that our rooms were next to each other, but not connecting. I was quite upset, considering that the second room was for our 5 year old son. Kimberly, who took my call, quickly went to action to make sure that our family were in connecting rooms. She was able to remedy PC's mistake and she did it with such grace despite my agitated demeanor. I called PC to let them know their screwup, but to also let them know that Kimberly took care of us and basically did their job. Besides Kimberly, all the staff that we had met were all wonderful and I appreciated their customer service. I would definitely recommend this hotel to any traveling in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

I am glad to know that Kimberly was able to accomodate your needs and make your stay less stressful. Thank you for the recognition that you have given Kimberly through your review of your recent stay. She is a wonderful part of the team!
Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the San Jose Sheraton. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed August 5, 2013

I have now stayed at this hotel on 4 different occasions and each time has been wonderful. The staff takes great care of you and is extra friendly. The pool is great and with the warm weather in Milpitas the pool is very desirable. A handful of rooms that are luxury suites look out over the pool and have parking closer to your room. The food at the restaurant on site is reasonably priced and good, if you want something fancy there's a restaurant across the street that should satisfy your pallet. I highly recommend this hotel. Enjoy :-)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
rlangley, General Manager at Sheraton San Jose Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

I am happy to hear that your stays have been consistently wonderful! Our team truly enjoys taking care of our guests to insure great experiences here.
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and our future guests, we appreciate the recommendation. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

This is not a fancy hotel, but I stayed here every week for almost a year & have to say that the staff are really friendly and will go out of their way to help their repeat guests. The rooms are nothing special, they are pretty basic, but they do the job. There is a pool which looks nice but I never used it so can't really comment. I would definitely not recommend eating at the restaurant, however. The food is not that good and I'd suggest going to one of the surrounding restaurants instead.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
rlangley, General Manager at Sheraton San Jose Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide the great feedback about our hotel rooms, amenities and the staff with us and our future guests. I agree with you in saying that our cabana rooms are better than just basic because of the space and the comfortable beds. Although it is difficult to haul a lot of luggage up the stairs, assistance can be provided. As you had mentioned, our extremely friendly team is always willing to help and to make sure that you are comfortable.
I hope that you will visit again! Thank you!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We have stayed here before, but I just feel like I need to thank the hotel and especially the young lady at check in, I believe her name was Tammy, for being so accommodating. She went out of her way to make sure we were happy. We had made a mistake in room choice and she dealt with the situation, cant say enough about her and her customer service. Thank you.

Room Tip: THey have a few different room choices, pick what suits you. Not all rooms have a balcony so if you...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for telling us about your great experience with Tammy! It feels good to know that she truly represents the hotel well and we are very proud to have her on our team. We hope that you will stay here again and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed at the Sheraton San Jose with family for five nights. We had the Cabana Suite, my sister had the Tower Suite, and my brother stayed on the Club Floor.

Location was great for us. The hotel is a 3 minute drive to Chinatown which had a ton of food. Just over the freeway is a Walgreen's and whatever else you need. It is sandwiched between a ton of businesses but venture out and look around. If you do not have a car, it would be difficult to get around unless you plan on eating in the hotel. We did not eat in the hotel.

Staff was amazing and greeted me with Mrs. (and my name) every single time. The grounds are very nice and the staff is always hard working to keep it clean. I have never stayed at such a fully staffed hotel. The employees seem to enjoy working here. The pool is wonderful, clean, and not too cold to swim in. There is no hot tub. On our last day some ducklings got stuck in the pool so the staff worked hard at getting them out carefully.

Cabana Suite (our Suite)-
Large sleeping area with separate living. We had two queens and the couch pulls out into a full size bed. This room can sleep six if you do not mind sleeping on the very uncomfortable pull out bed. We finally rolled the bed back in and my daughter slept on the couch. There was a small refrigerator and coffee maker with complimentary coffee. There is no microwave. The furniture looked new and was of nice quality. The ample drawers were very nice. Parking is below the room so you must walk up a few stairs but easy to pop in and out. Very large vanity area separate from the shower and toilet area. The room has a good sized balcony that overlooks the pool. The room was plenty big if you needed a space for family to meet up. This room is larger than the Tower Suites. It had ants. See details below.

Tower Suite-
Same description as above but smaller in size so there is less room to move around in. Clean room. Parking is in the general area.

Club Floor-
Typical Sheraton room but located on the Club Floor. Room was clean. Lighting was terrible. The Club Floor breakfast was only pastries and fruits served Monday through Friday. Open 24/7 but not impressive or worth the upgrade.

Ants- The rooms are clean but our bath area had a handful of spastic ants so the staff while we were were gone to spray. The staff was very apologetic. It only made the situation worse and more ants came. They offered to move us to another suite and also offered staff to help us move. I checked the room out before we moved and the other suite had more ants. We decided to stay in our room and kill the ants when we noticed them. We kept our luggage off the floor and not near the bath area. They were localized to the bath and toilet area. The kids were freaking out for about a day and then the next day I found ants on our bed linens. They probably got transferred there but we were being careful. I called the office again, this time upset because our clothing now had ants in them. The kids were not happy. They asked what they could do to make us happy. I explained that they should not book this room after we leave because it would not be right to put someone else in the same situation. The staff explained to me that Ants are a regular nuisance in the Cabana Suites and they know they are there. They spray frequently. That infuriated me. I am not a fan of spraying toxins where my children sleep and the fact that this situation happens all the time?

In good nature, I can not give a quality rating because they are just covering up the problem. This is a shame because the grounds are beautiful and the front staff went above and beyond trying to make us comfortable.

Room Tip: Cabana suites have loud ac and ants but larger rooms and easier access.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank caramy5029
rlangley, General Manager at Sheraton San Jose Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

I am sorry that the ant problem was not permanently fixed while you were here; it sounds like that definitely changed your overall experience. I would have felt as annoyed as you did to find ants all over, and I sincerely apologize. We treated the rooms again after you left so that our next guests did not have to go through the same. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Aside from this, I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the space in the cabana suite and the view.Thank you for your feedback and I hope that you would visit again!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We arrived very, very late to this hotel due to some delayed flights. We were greetly warmly by the staff. There was a little confusion because we had asked for a room with two beds but by the time we arrived they only had kings available. Not to worry because the front desk agent put us into one of their "suites" with 2 double beds. It was a very nice room and we had a good nights sleep. Due to our late arrival and the need to depart early we didn't get a chance to really explore the hotel or dine in the restaurants. Next time we return to the area it would be our top choice to stay again. Everything looked to be in great condition. It was an easy and short drive to reach this hotel from SJC...

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
rlangley, General Manager at Sheraton San Jose Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

I am glad to hear that even with a short stay, you were well taken care of by our front desk team! Our Sweet Sleeper Beds are truly enjoyable and very relaxing. I hope that on your next visit you will have more time to explore the property itself and all that it has to offer.
We appreciate your feedback and look forward to your next visit!