“If you are looking for comfort and convenience in Silicon Valley this hotel a great fit.”

Sheraton San Jose Hotel
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
Malibu, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

This property is great because its what you expect. Solid concierge lounge, a recently renovated gym, nice outdoor pool and spa. Right on freeway but I found my room to be quiet even though on freeway side. Staff super friendly, I was upgraded to a very nice suite. Bar and restaurant so you can stay in. Both wireless and wired Internet, which is quite rare anymore. Solid connection if moving around files etc. lots of places to eat nearby, I often find every other guest works for Cisco. For extra space you can request a cabana room, I actually like those rooms. Nice beds, wish I had better water pressure. Clean, friendly. Won't blow you away, won't disappoint. Reasonable rates for a full service hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
rlangley, General Manager at Sheraton San Jose Hotel, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
The cabana rooms are a great choice especially if you were staying longer. It is a very spacious room and it is right by the pool! Thank you sharing your feedback with us and our future guests. I appreciate your business and hope to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

This hotel was comfortable (beds are great) and spacious. The big problem for me was the location. It is not near any restaurants or anything else for that matter. It is situated among a bunch of Silicon Valley businesses so be prepared to drive for anything you need.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Suitcaseismycloset
rlangley, General Manager at Sheraton San Jose Hotel, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to respond. We appreciate your comments about the room and attentive staff. You are right about the location, we are in the middle of a business park at the corner of Santa Clara, San Jose and Milpitas. If you don't have a car; you are stuck hanging out in your room or by the pool. Let us know the next time you are here. We can certainly get you to work and back. We can also link you up with public transportation or a reliable cab service.

Thanks again for telling us about your stay,
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

First, the not-so-good things: I kept looking for more lights in the room but there were just 2 lamps - one by the bed and one by the TV. I had to carry things into the bathroom to read the labels. The hall closet had a flickery fluorescent light, which I immediately turned off.
I tried to adjust the shower head to get better water pressure, but it never felt like it was totally washing the shampoo out of my hair.
The good things: the staff members were all super friendly and helpful. The bed was comfortable and sheets/blankets were nice. Lots of pillows, but all too big for me. I like the desk to work at and there were a couple of plugs on the desktop so you don't have to crawl around on the floor looking for power. Nice little patio with a couple of chairs and a view of the hills.

Room Tip: get a view of the hills and a decent size patio in room 821 and I think most rooms on that side.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank slambiase
While we would love to hear only praise, we do appreciate your taking the time to share your experience. While the lights by the bed, reclining chair and desk are usually enough for me, I agree with you on the shower. I like to adjust the dial so I get the strong spray rather than the rain shower. I also agree with your choice of rooms. Everyone seems to prefer the pool view, but I really like the mountains, even if it is the same side as the highway.

I'll be sure to let the staff know that they are making a difference for our guests.

Thanks again,
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

A well located hotel close to the centre of Milpitas with easy access to San Jose. Suites facing the central courtyard and pool are definitely the best choice, otherwise you're left with an unattractive view of the highway. Food OK but nothing special.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the central courtyard for the best view
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
rlangley, General Manager at Sheraton San Jose Hotel, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you for telling us and our future guests about your recent stay, we appreciate the feedback. Our hotel is conveniently located close to the freeway and yet it provides a very peaceful environment when you are relaxing in the courtyard or by the pool. We appreciate your business and hope to see you here again!
New York City
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

The setting: The Sheraton in Milpitas is right off the highway, so access is very easy. It is right next to a giant mall, in case you decide to head to the movies. You are about a ten minute drive from San Jose downtown and twenty minutes from some of the suburbs. The hotel is medium sized and well maintained. There is a nice pool area with a waterfall water feature. There is a restaurant attached to this property, but there are much better options in town. There is also plenty of free parking at this property.

The rooms: This property has the same nondescript rooms as any other Sheraton. There are a couple significant disappoints though. First the water pressure is low, making the shower-head with its two setting an exercise in frustration. Second, the room lacks a safe. This is not a super budget property; lacking a safe is unacceptable, in my opinion. Thirdly, the air conditioner was extremely noisy. This meant either sleep soundly and sweat profusely or suffer the rattle all night. Lastly, there are no easily accessible electrical outlets by the bedside tables, which is very inconvenient. It would have also been nice to have the television channel line-up list in the room, instead of spending frustrating minutes looking for the news or specific entertainment. The $10/day internet is ridiculous, but of course it is standard industry practice to gouge the customer.

All in all, if you are able to snatch a room here under $100/night, as I did last minute, this is a good option. Otherwise, any Hyatt Place will be a much better value.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
rlangley, General Manager at Sheraton San Jose Hotel, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay. Your comments about the water pressure and air conditioning unit are appreciated as this provides us with the opportunity to improve. Secured wireless/wired internet access in the room is available for a premium; however, complimentary internet access is available at the Link by Sheraton in the lobby and also in the restaurant. A channel listing is available on both the TV itself and in the guest services directory that is placed in every room and safes are available at the front desk for our guests’ use. We hope that you would stay again, thank you.
San Jose, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

My husband and I went to the Bistro to have a drink and celebrate our 28th anniveristy. All of a sudden my children, sisters and mom showed up and it became a party of 12. With every one there we decieded to have dinner to celebrate. Andrea Rock was so kind to set up a private table for all of us and gave us excellent personnel service. I know this was not her job but they were shorthanded and she stepped up and gave us personnel service that made the event very special. My husband and I will be comming there every year. Thank you Andrea!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
rlangley, General Manager at Sheraton San Jose Hotel, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Congratulations on your 28th anniversary, we are happy to know that you chose to celebrate your special event here! Thank you for telling us about the outstanding service provided by Andrea; we are proud to have her on our team!
The Bistro Restaurant is a great place to celebrate special occasions and its atmosphere also provides for a good place to meet for business or to simply relax and enjoy a quiet meal. We look forward to seeing you here again!
Monterey, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

Got a great deal on a king room through hotwire. Stayed one night on a weekend and since this place gets 90%+ of it's business during the week, getting a room for under $100/night on weekends is pretty common. Make sure you have a car or expect to cab it. Wife and I were there solely for the pool and the Dave and Busters nearby for a chill weekend. The folks at the front desk (Chris and Hannah?) were top notch and the restaurant manager who served us at the hotel bar Sunday (was Brian his name?) was charming and attentive. Room was immaculate and spacious. Too bad they had to get rid of the hot tub (the city's fault) but the pool was nice. Didn't get to use the fitness room (hungover) but it's one of the best equipped hotel fitness rooms I've ever seen. Would love to stay here again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
rlangley, General Manager at Sheraton San Jose Hotel, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, we are happy to know that both you and your wife had a relaxing weekend here. Perhaps on your next stay, you will have extra time to work out in our fitness center, which was recently renovated and is equipped with new machines; it has a great workout vibe to it. Our guest rooms are very spacious and well kept because our housekeeping team also takes pride in knowing that we are known to have a very clean hotel!
Thank you for commending Chris, Hannah and the restaurant manager, they truly enjoy what they do and it shows in their interactions with all of our guests. We are lucky to have them on our team. We look forward to your next stay with us!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milpitas
Sonesta Silicon Valley San Jose
Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley
Hilton Garden Inn San Jose/Milpitas
Courtyard Milpitas Silicon Valley
HYATT House San Jose/Silicon Valley
Hampton Inn Milpitas
Hampton Inn Milpitas
#1 of 20 in Milpitas

Been to Sheraton San Jose Hotel? Share your experiences!