“Great personalized customer service experience”

Sheraton San Jose Hotel
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
New York City, New York
“Great personalized customer service experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

After a day of canceled and delayed flights I arrived at San Jose Int'l Airport exhausted. I called the hotel and they quickly sent Ryan to pick me up. During the car ride Ryan told me about the area surrounding the hotel including where I could quickly go get cologne (mall very close). Upon arrival I was escorted to the front desk where he and Valerie checked me in. I must say the whole process was very quick and efficient. I remain most impressed with the personalized customer service that I experienced second to none! Every time I passed by the front desk someone greeted me by my name not just "sir", I felt as if I had been there for several days when in fact, I only stayed one night! Both Valerie and Ryan are great representatives of the Sheraton San Jose, I look forward to my next stay!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
rlangley, General Manager at Sheraton San Jose Hotel, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Thank you for letting us know of the great personalized service that both Ryan and Valerie provided during your stay. We are proud to have them and to know that they represent the customer service that we provide very well. They are very knowledgeable about the area and are willing to assist anyone who asks.

We look forward to your next stay with us and thank you for sharing your feedback with our future guests!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Rancho Mirage, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

I'm not from San Jose so i don't know if$300 a night is average for this area. It's waaaaay to expensive for me. I came here for a seminar and wanted to stay a few nights in the hotel so i didn't have to travel after the sessions, but the only rooms available were for $300 a night. I wasn't going to spend another $900 for the seminar when I could stay with a friend just up the road.

Regardless, I have to say the amenities of the hotel were very nice. This is not a destination and I'm sure all the people who stay here do so for business, but it seemed very comfortable and the food was terrific. the service they provided in the meetings rooms were good as well.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
rlangley, General Manager at Sheraton San Jose Hotel, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate that you took the time to share your thoughts with us about your recent experience here. The chef is excited to hear that you enjoyed the food and that you like the amenities offered at the hotel. Although we are primarily a business hotel, our rates vary and you can avail of discounted rates by checking our website directly. We hope that you will have another opportunity to visit this area again and stay with us.
Chobham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

Absolutely fine and solid Business hotel, I stayed only one night and it was pleasant enough with a comfortable bed and friendly staff. Restaurant was fine, nothing special but at 10pm was more than adequate and still happily serving food. A solid 4 out of 5.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
rlangley, General Manager at Sheraton San Jose Hotel, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay here. We do our best to maintain the hotel so that we always have clean rooms and a friendly team of associates who enjoy their jobs. We will see you again!
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

This Hotel was nicely situated among the best companies and the Great Mall is 10 minutes away. You do have to drive if you want different places to eat. Kudos to Chris at the front desk for his Public Relations. We had issues and he was amazingly helpful. Alejo, the hotel engineer assisted us with the AC. This hotel has a system where 68 degrees is the lowest temperature and we got confused...Alejo explained the system to us. Advice? Leave the temperature at 68 degrees and you'll be comfortable enough. Both Chris and Alejo handled the pool when it wasn't heated, so thanks for that. On the whole, the grounds are lovely, our cabana was spacious for 2 adults and 2 children. We felt like we were in the tropics and that's always nice since we only live 2 hours away!! Recommend the Cabanas and the Club level. This hotel does not have a jacuzzi, so don't go by the pictures on the web-site.

Room Tip: Try the Cabanas - more space if you're staying for a week or more, parking is dedicated and easy...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank twins1_11
We are happy to hear that both Chris and Alejo took good care of you during your stay here. Thank you for sharing your comments about them! We are also grateful to hear that you enjoyed your stay in one of our spacious cabana suites with a lovely view of the pool and courtyard. We hope to see you here again soon!
Clackamas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Booked this hotel through hotwire. We were not disappointed. The front desk staff was very helpful with connecting to their wifi system. Also, suggested restaurants in the area and gave great directions. Pool was heated. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

I stayed at many Sheraton in the past but this location has nothing around it! You can't go anywhere to get food or drinks for a moderate price. I didn't have a car so I had to stay put and couldn't get anything good to eat. I had to eat at their restaurant and everything tasted greasy and has no flavors. I am a trained chef so I knew what the meal was missing in terms of ingredients and preparations. The quality was that of cafeteria but they charged me rate of a 4 star restaurant!! I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone unless you just want to sleep and nothing more. I couldn't wait to get out of this hotel!

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank VegasChef
rlangley, General Manager at Sheraton San Jose Hotel, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
I’m sorry that you felt disappointed about your stay. It may be difficult to get around the area without any transportation; however, our team is always willing to make travel arrangements for your convenience. I shared your comments with the chef, and we appreciate your feedback. Thank you for staying with us!
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

If you are looking for a hotel to stay in in San Jose, then this one offers reasonable rates for a professionally run hotel. Pool is good and warm, rooms spacious ( try to get a cabana), breakfast ok ( chefs omelette will fill you up all day). No faults although decor may be a little dated.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
rlangley, General Manager at Sheraton San Jose Hotel, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay here at the San Jose Sheraton Hotel. It is nice to know that you were able to use our heated pool and relax in our spacious cabanas (this room type is truly ideal for our long staying guests because of its ample space and there is a designated parking spot directly underneath the rooms).
Thank you for sharing your experience with us, we appreciate it!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milpitas
Sonesta Silicon Valley San Jose
Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley
Hilton Garden Inn San Jose/Milpitas
Courtyard Milpitas Silicon Valley
HYATT House San Jose/Silicon Valley
Hampton Inn Milpitas
Hampton Inn Milpitas
#1 of 20 in Milpitas

Been to Sheraton San Jose Hotel? Share your experiences!