“Nice”

Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
Caracas, Venezuela
“Nice”
Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

I spend one night and was very nice. Clean room, nice and confortable bed, staff was very kind. Only complain about internet charge (9.95 at room) if you use it at lobby no charge.
I will stay again.........................................

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Broomfield, Colorado
Reviewed February 17, 2013

This is a typical late 70's / early 80's Sheraton with updates. Convenient to downtown San Jose but a little out of the way for Cupertino, Sunnyvale or Palo Alto. It was clean and the rooms are large. The gym had the basics. The hotel is next to a divided high capacity roadway. So, there is some traffic noise. The staff was courteous if not always helpful. The Sheraton Club lounge is functional if a bit spartan with basically just cold breakfast items. Only big downside was the rate which is one of the highest I have ever paid for a Bay Area hotel (and that is saying something). Perhaps it was a busy night, but It would probably pay to shop around.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Ashley D, Manager at Sheraton San Jose Hotel, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
We appreciate your comments and want to thank you for sharing these with our future guests as well as our team. We understand your frustration about the high rate that you paid. You are right to say that it is best to shop around because our rates vary depending on the season and on any local events that are taking place. On your next visit to the area, we suggest checking our rate calendar to avail of the best available rates. We are very conveniently located close to many of the top Silicon Valley Companies but for those guests who have a different purpose for their trip, our courteous and helpful staff is always available to provide directions and tips to ease their commute. Thank you again for your feedback, we hope to see you here again at the San Jose Sheraton Hotel!
Northwest
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We were fortunate enough to stay on the 6th floor in a suite. Ample sized rooms, two large LCD TVs and refrigerator. Bed was comfortable and air temp was easy to set and maintain. Bathroom was large. If you don't have a car nearby eating is very limited. We tried the hotel's Bistro for drinks and munchies. Very good (but skip the calamari, very pedestrian) and priced right during happy hour. The hotel's restaurant has a nice breakfast buffet but we ordered off the menu. Well prepared and Pasqual was very attentive - a good man. Interior grounds are nicely maintained. It has a pool with two lap lanes (3.75 feet depth, about 20 yards long). Although the web says it is not heated in the winter, the water was warm and I should have brought my suit. This is a good hotel for business stays and to launch to other activities in the area. Airport is about 10 minutes away. They offer free shuttle service but we took a cab as the driver was on break when we arrived. Cab fare was about $23. SF is about 45 minutes. Excellent freeway access but we did not hear traffic noise from our room or within the hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Ashley D, Manager at Sheraton San Jose Hotel, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to connect with us and give us valuable feedback on your stay. We are glad to hear that your overall stay was very enjoyable and that you found certain elements of the hotel exceeded your expectations. Thank you for your comments regarding the spacious guestrooms, comfortable Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Beds, beautiful grounds, and our Sheraton Fitness Center and heated pool. I shared your comments regarding the calamari with our Executive Chef and he appreciates the feedback as well. We greatly appreciate your recommendation of our hotel to others looking to stay in San Jose on business or pleasure in the future. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Virginia
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The hotel is a standard Sheraton located in the heart of the Silicon Valley. Rooms are large and hall ways are spacious. Plenty of parking space. A shuttle bus takes you to the surrounding major companies and the SJC airport. Not many restaurants or shops within walking distances, but if you drive for 2 min there is a bunch of choices. The Great Mall is close by and it is full of outlets. I did not use the facilities here (gym, restaurant, pool etc) but the internet in the lobby is free and works fine. I checked in early in the morning and there was no problem (as long as they had rooms). The wireless internet in the room worked only intermittently during my stay and that is the only complaint I have.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
rlangley, General Manager at Sheraton San Jose Hotel, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
I apologize that your Wi-Fi did not work seamlessly; your feedback will be shared with our internet service provider so that together we can improve on the service. I am glad that you were able to use the complimentary Wi-Fi available at the Link@Sheraton. If you do not bring your own device, you can use one of three computers available at the Link@Sheraton to conduct your work, to print documents, or simply to stay connected with your friends and family. The hotel has many other features in addition to the ones that you mentioned, so I hope that you will come and stay again.

Thank you for your feedback!
New York
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I stayed here this past weekend for two, non-consecutive nights and stayed in two different rooms.

The first night I was put into room 612 which was a courtyard facing room on an SPG preferred floor (floors 6-8 are SPG preferred, floor 9 is club) with a view of the valley. The hallway and room itself were bright, impeccably clean, and looked like they had undergone a recent renovation. The room was also definitely on the larger side of hotel rooms that I had stayed in before. The only thing that made my stay less than enjoyable that night was a connecting door to the room next to me which didn't lock properly. Noise pollution is always a pet peeve of mine when staying at any hotel and although the walls of the room felt solid, the fact that there was a connecting door meant I could hear every cough from the neighboring room and their early morning activities. There are also no door sweeps on the front doors which means that you can hear doors slamming as people leave their rooms in the morning and housekeeping moving from room to room.

The second night I checked in the desk agent informed me that I had been blocked into a 4th floor room (non-spg floor), despite my gold SPG membership and the fact that I had requested in advance to be put into a higher floor room. I politely asked her if there was anything available on one of the SPG floors and after confirming that I would be checking out at the normal time the next day she was able to put me into room 824. This room was definitely much better than the last as it had no connecting door and came with a balcony and awesome views of the valley. The room was again, large, clean, and looked like it had recently been renovated. The only negative was that the heater in this room didn't seem to work properly as I set the thermostat to 75 at night and woke up with the room being 63. I felt the heater periodically before going to bed as well and it was only blowing slightly warmer than room temperature air.

Overall the facilities and rooms were nice and the hotel provides decent value for the price point, however it does seem like a shot in the dark as to what your experience will be depending on where you are put in the hotel. I can't comment on the restaurant, gym, or other facilities as I really only used the hotel to sleep. Location was good with easy access to the freeway and a large shopping complex about a mile down the road.

Room Tip: 8th floor tower rooms facing courtyard/pool are nice as they have a balcony and great views.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience here at the San Jose Sheraton Hotel. Our goal is to consistently provide guests with a great experience here regardless of the room assigned and with your feedback; we will be able to address some of the issues that you mentioned.
Austin
Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

I travel to the area frequently and I can say that there are much better options in the area after staying. I booked this property seeing the decent reviews, and instead had an unpleasant stay. I wish someone had warned me about the issues at the property.

Pros: fewest starpoints required in the area

Cons:
- parking is a pain, by the time you were able to find a spot, it was a bit of a walk to the main entrance
- slow wifi for $10
- LOUD heater in the room running like a train, the train runs every now and then, so good luck falling asleep in between
- no outlet for 3-pronged plugs for your laptop on either side of the bed
- lack of upgrade for spg gold, had to forego king bed if I even want a regular room in higher floors
- false room description, the room description for my reservation says bliss bath products, not true for my room.

I know starwood is opening a few new properties in the area this year, hopefully it's much better than this one, it's definitely worth a 15 minute drive to somewhere else for a more pleasant stay.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank stardream
I am sorry that your recent experience here was not up to your expectations; however, I do appreciate the feedback that you have provided. Your frustration with the lack of the 3-pronged outlets to accommodate your electronic devices is understandable and we have those available at the front desk when needed.
This hotel is only one of a few left, which continues to provide complimentary parking to all the guests. It has been using Shine for Sheraton™ products for many years now. It is conveniently located close to many of the Silicon Valley businesses and is often the hotel of choice for many of their associates. We have a consistently high number of SPG guests who stay with us regularly and we are not able to accommodate every request for an upgrade all the time because we have a limited number of the preferred rooms and suites.
Thank you for your feedback.
Lovenjoel, Brabant, Belgium
Reviewed January 13, 2013

The hotel is somewhat outdated. Rooms are clean. Breakfast in adjacent restaurant.
I never paid for wifi.
The hotel has 2 wifi networks when you switch from one to the other you get always a 24 hours free access. Keep it silent ;-)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
rlangley, General Manager at Sheraton San Jose Hotel, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
The hotel is very well maintained and clean. The rooms are spacious, with comfortable Sweet Sleeper beds. The breakfast buffet is available 7-days a week, in addition to many other healthy options in the Bistro restaurant.
Wi-Fi is not complimentary in the guestrooms and as you mentioned, our guests can occasionally access the free Wi-Fi that is available in the public areas where the signal may not be consistent because of other open Wi-Fi networks that may interfere. We also have the Link at Sheraton, located in the lobby and available 24-7, where our registered guests can use one of the complimentary computer terminals for their business needs such as printing or simply to connect with their friends and family. Thank you for giving us your feedback about your experience here at the San Jose Sheraton Hotel.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milpitas
Sonesta Silicon Valley San Jose
Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley
Hilton Garden Inn San Jose/Milpitas
Courtyard Milpitas Silicon Valley
HYATT House San Jose/Silicon Valley
Hampton Inn Milpitas
Hampton Inn Milpitas
#1 of 20 in Milpitas

Been to Sheraton San Jose Hotel? Share your experiences!