“Decent cheap hotel”

Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
Petaluma
“Decent cheap hotel”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Okay but not great. The room is spacious. The TV is small, perhaps 32" flat panel with a bunch of standard def channels and no HBO. The bathroom is spacious, but only one tiny difficult to open soap is provided, no shampoo. The internet is slow and flakey--after agreeing to the $9.95/day charge on my cell phone it reprompts me to login again every time I move around in my hotel room. Dropped facetime calls regularly even staying in one spot. Beds are okay, not sure why people think they're "great". The front lobby is very nice, and I was served quickly. The desk area is spacious, with wired Ethernet connection. But no desktop power plugs, so you have to dig around behind old-school to find a place to plug in. The pool, which I won't be using, appears to be very nice.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
rlangley, General Manager at Sheraton San Jose Hotel, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed the spacious room, which is unlike many other hotels in the area. I hope that you will be able to try out our pool the next time you stay with us. We realize your frustrations with the internet on our property and we are currently working on upgrading our wireless access points to improve the connection from various areas of the hotel.

We appreciate that you took time out to share your thoughts regarding your experience here at the San Jose Sheraton and we look forward to providing you with improved services on your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Mission Viejo, California
Reviewed August 2, 2012

My family of four stayed four nights in a two room suite at this wonderfully appointed hotel. It was very spacious and quite comfortable. We were located in the tower. It overlooked the pool and had a nice balcony. The beds were quite comfy and the 2 TVs were great for watching the olympics. The hotel seemed busy yet the room was very quiet. The grounds were lovely with ample lounges and tables by the pool. My kids loved the pool but I wasn't crazy about the hot tub as it was very cloudy. The last day of my stay the spa was drained and refilled. It appeared much nicer. We would definitely return to this property. No real complaints. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Loved the tower location over the pool on level 7.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Pacific Grove, California
Reviewed July 31, 2012

My daughter & I stayed here for a night on our way to San Francisco to visit friends in the Silicon Valley, we only wished we had more time to spend because the hotel was everything we were looking for. The location was perfect for us since it was a short drive to the Great Mall Outlet with lots of shopping, as well as, a good selection of food court & chain restaurants. If you prefer Asian, I highly recommend Vung Tau II on Milpitas Blvd that serves one of the best & most authentic Vietnamese restaurant in the area. The hotel itself offers spacious rooms, comfortable beds, work-out/gym, free parking, & vending machines on the floors. The rooms all face the inside courtyard garden area which is wonderfully landscaped with waterfalls, a heated jacuzzi, and a lap pool. Also available is room service from the hotel's restaurant, Bistro. For guest's convenience, the lobby offers a 24 hour convenience store for snacks & sundries. The front desk staff were ever-friendly when we checked into our room, the check-out was even faster when we were in a rush to leave. I was pleasantly surprised to discover they offer free WIFI throughout the hotel though when I booked through Orbitz it stated there would be an extra charge unless you use the computers in their business lounge. Furthermore, they offered a later check-out time at 1 pm so we were able to take another dip in the pool before our departure. With free shuttle to the San Jose airport, this would be an ideal stay for anyone visiting the area and we would definitely choose to return again soon. The ONLY drawback is that the rooms are NOT equipped with personal safe (though you can check-in valuables at the front desk to be stored in the hotel's safe) NOR are the rooms equipped with mini fridges.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
calhoun, GA
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Would definitely stay here again. Great location/pool/rooms/workout room w/ free parking and great shopping nearby. Pool area and hot tub is very nice. Peaceful waterfall nearby.

Only drawback is charging for internet - a bit cheesy when it's free in the lobby. Nice computers in the lobby though.

Room Tip: Quieter 2nd floor room so you can walk down-slow elevators.
Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Texas
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Stayed here for 2 days for business meeting. Shuttle to and from airport is a nice benefit. Checked in around 300 pm. I am an SPG member but despite the checking in rather early, they said they were booked up and had no rooms for me on the SPG floors. Room size was fairly large, had nice comfy chair (wish they had an ottomon) and spacious desk. TV was good size with some HD channels. The bed was a disappointment. Having stayed at SPG hotels, I was really looking forward to their bed but it was lumpy and did not feel solid. I actually changed rooms the second night (still no SPG floor) and the bed was not much better.

One of the main problems with this hotel is location. It sounds like this hotel does most of its business by supporting Corporate travelers. The hotel is situated in a corporate industrial area, seemingly computer and technology companies. There is nothing within walking distance (no stores, no restaurants etc). I had room service one night (not bad) and tried to go the hotel restaurant the second night--but it closed early due to "staff issues" so I ended up with room service for a second night. For a hotel that was so booked up, not having access to hotel restaurant is a problem. They didn't even have a real gift shop, instead they have that little room adjacent to the front desk. Just seemed below my expectations for a Sheraton, seemed more in line with a lower scale property.

Bottom line: if i had to do business in the area, I guess this hotel would be ok but nothing special. If you plan on doing something fun, either make sure you get a rental car or pick a better location

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Eastern Sierra, CA
Reviewed July 19, 2012

While the interiors seemed a bit dated, service at this property shined. Kudos to Chris Dixon for a great check-in experience. The Club Lounge is fine and we enjoyed the courtyard view and balcony. Convenient location given its proximity to the freeway and relative ease of reaching the airport.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank terere2
Milpitas
Reviewed July 6, 2012

This is my nth experience with Sheraton Hotel for our company party. I recommend this hotel for any party event. The location is SO presentable and classy. This is our 2nd year in a row to celebrate our company event in this hotel because we are so satisfied with everything they represent - from their service, to their food and the location. The food that was served to our group was superb and reasonably priced. Of course we will never forget the crew who attended to us. From their Catering Manager Linda Demenno who was very accommodating to our every request, to Michelle Rowden who was very patient and assisted me while doing our last minute changes. Of course the crew who served us that night - they're fantastic - a group of people who knows the real meaning of customer service, from Ramon to his crew and of course Mario - the bartender who took good care of our guests prescribing the right booze for them.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Sheraton San Jose Hotel, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Skywalkergg,

I am happy to hear that you had a great time here for your company event. This is definitely a great place to host a company event because we have a great team in addition to all the other reasons that you mentoned.

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your event and we look forward to having you again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milpitas
Sonesta Silicon Valley San Jose
Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley
Hilton Garden Inn San Jose/Milpitas
HYATT House San Jose/Silicon Valley
Embassy Suites by Hilton Milpitas Silicon Valley
Courtyard Milpitas Silicon Valley

Been to Sheraton San Jose Hotel? Share your experiences!