“Updated rooms for a great value”

Sheraton San Jose Hotel
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
Boston
“Updated rooms for a great value”
Reviewed June 30, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for two nights in one of the club suite rooms, and was pleasantly surprised by how new the rooms looked and felt. It looks like this hotel recently underwent a renovation that replaced most of the beds, desks, TVs and furniture. The bathrooms were also large, spacious and clean. For the rate that I paid, I felt like I got excellent value for my stay, and would return the next time I was back in San Jose. The hotel is also easily accessible to several major highways, which made it very easy for me to get around the bay area.

Room Tip: SPG members get rooms on higher floors
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank JayDeeEm
rlangley, General Manager at Sheraton San Jose Hotel, responded to this review, July 11, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to comment, we love hearing about your experience. Our rooms aren't quite new, but we are very proud of the commitment and pride our team takes in keeping them looking that way. I also appreciate that you found our hotel conveniently located. We often hear that we aren't close to anything (other than major silicon valley business headquarters). We like to think that we are central to everything.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New York, NY
Reviewed June 23, 2011

The Sheraton San Jose, which is a 10-minute drive from downtown San Jose in an office park, is a pleasant enough hotel. The pool area is nice, the beds are comfortable, the staff was pleasant, and the room was very clean.

However, the hotel seems eager to add small fees to the bill in as many ways as it can. For example, there is room service and a small restaurant but they are quite overpriced for what they offer. (At a 5-star hotel, I might expect to pay $6 for a breakfast muffin, but here the muffin seemed to have come straight out of a box, which left me feeling ripped off.) The only possible justification for the food prices was that there were no restaurants within walking distance and the hotel knew their guests had no other options. I had a similar experience when I carelessly drank the bottle of water provided on the hotel room table before noticing (in tiny print) the $4 price tag attached. Likewise, the wireless in-room internet was $10/day, a service which is basically a necessity in Silicon Valley. (There is also internet at a tiny desk in the lobby, but that is certainly not convenient.) All these little fees added up (quite literally) to me feeling less than enthusiastic about the hotel in general.

For a business trip where someone else is paying, this is a fine hotel. For anyone else, proceed with caution.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank field-guide
Thank you for sharing your impressions of our hotel. I'm glad to know that you enjoyed the room and that our team made you feel welcome and well cared for.

I'm sorry you felt that additional services were not clearly disclosed. Unlike some discount chains we do offer in room internet at a fee. It is ultra high speed, managed secure and is reliable for those who require VPN access. Wireless is alway offered for free in our public spaces as well as at our Link @ Sheraton
Springfield, MA
Reviewed January 31, 2011

We booked this through a third party site so we got it at a great discount - Milpitas is out of the way if you want to be near San Jose - but if you don't mind being out of the hectic area of SJC - it is perfect. Our room was quiet, luxurious and the beds were very comfortable. It was a fantastic night and the staff were very friendly and helpful. As with most Sheratons you pay for Internet unless you are a member ... but with the savings it was worth the $10 investment. The hotel seems to cater to tour buses but they arrive late and leave early and we heard nothing ... Highly recommend the hotel. Very nice!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Tuppstuff
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed December 24, 2010

As soon as we reached the Front Desk we knew we were going to have a pleasant stay at this hotel because of the "big" welcoming smiles that we got from the staff (Diana and Stanley). The lobby, small but very qute, is designed to make you feel at home, with FREE internet access. When we checked in our room we were surpised to see how large and modern it was with what it seemed to be new furniture, large HD TV screen and a panoramic view of the grounds; loved it!!!! When we realized that maybe our remote was missing we called the front desk and Diana was very happy to send us one in 5 minutes. She called back in 10 minutes to make sure we got it!!! Now that's what I call "trained well" staff. The bed was extremely comfortable and the breakfast was great. We would stay here again any time and we will tell all our friends about the Sheraton San Jose in Milpitas.

Georgetown, Texas
Reviewed December 22, 2010

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights in early Dec. 2010. As written in other reviews, the staff there is friendly and top-notch. Meals arrived in a timely manner and the rooms were clean. The only things that I did not like were: (1) High-speed Internet is not free ($9.99/day, take your smartphone and use the Internet from it, 3G/4G available) and (2) The air conditioner sits right behind the chair at the desk and IT BLOWS COLD!

The price is great for the area, and is conveniently located off one freeway and only a couple of miles from another.

Sierra Vista, Arizona
Reviewed December 17, 2010

A young deskclerk, Stanley, greeted and attended to me after a grueling trip to San Jose. I was hungry when I checked in, so I asked Stanley if he could take my bags to my room while I went directly to the restaurant. Stanley was eager to oblige and went out of his way to make my first nite relaxing. Sheraton San Jose has excellent staff as exemplified by individuals like Stanley.

Surrey, Canada
Reviewed December 8, 2010

Just realized how online reviews affects traveler's decision making as to where they stay now a days. I've been travelling for work for 10 years now and my stay at the Sheraton San Jose was the best ever. It is just a small full service hotel but I guarantee you that when you go there you will feel special everyday. They are very nice especially the front desk & housekeeprs. They are all trained well---very professional! Front desk will make sure that you will ahve a great stay. The food at the restaurant is ok, did not get much interaction with the staff. I will still recommend this place. Believe me... I've been to the hotel accross this hotel ( I forgot the name) because they were sold out and was horrible!!!
I give this hotel a 10!!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milpitas
Sonesta Silicon Valley San Jose
Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley
Hilton Garden Inn San Jose/Milpitas
Embassy Suites by Hilton Milpitas Silicon Valley
HYATT House San Jose/Silicon Valley
Courtyard Milpitas Silicon Valley

Been to Sheraton San Jose Hotel? Share your experiences!