“mediocre cleanliness and sneaky billing practices”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Milpitas Silicon Valley
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
“mediocre cleanliness and sneaky billing practices”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I had a chance to stay at this hotel in November. The room itself was mediocre. This hotel is in need of an update.
My real complaint occurred when I opened my credit card bill and discovered that the hotel charged me for an extra day due to an early check out. When I checked out, the desk clerk didn't mention anything about a possible charge for early check out. The hotel manager just decided to charge me after the fact without telling me anything about it. There are two charges on my credit card. One for the actual stay which matches the receipt given to me at check out and then another charge a few days later for an additional day. Calling the hotel didn't help to get either an explanation nor a refund.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
EmbSuites, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Milpitas Silicon Valley, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Klyde,
Thank you for reaching out to us via TripAdvisor. Please know that your satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us, and we will be reaching out to you directly in an attempt to resolve the situation. I apologize for the mismanagement of the situation, and for the frustration you must be facing. We are dedicated to ensuring your satisfaction, and look forward to speaking with you.

Regards,
Erica Alcaine, Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Korean first
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Our stay here at this hotel was definitely incredible. The hotel is absolutely gorgeous and beautiful. The courtyard is a very unique and elegant touch, there is definitely much to embrace. The ambiance is relaxing and peaceful; nature's outdoor feel. The personnel were ALL very polite and friendly. The continental breakfast was incredible, definitely offers a variety and a little something for everyone. The bed was probably one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in by far!! The indoor restaurant and bar are another nice touch we were able to enjoy along with the relaxing fireplace sitting area in the lobby. I honestly have NO complaints about this location. I would definitely stay here again!

Netanya, Israel
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Stayed at hotel for my business trip.
Hotel has large suites, staff was very helpful on any my requests.
Rooms were clean and I got clean towels every day.
I liked complimentary breakfast at the morning.
No complains...

San Jose, Caifornia, United States
Reviewed December 11, 2013

I would stay again at this hotel, very clean, friendly staff, excellent breakfast, nice evening reception. I love the atrium, you feel like you are in some tropical place. Excellent shuttle service from and to the airport, as well as taking you within 5 miles radius of the hotel, such as the great mall, no charge. This is a big perk as you do not need to take a taxi.

Modesto, United States
Reviewed December 7, 2013

hotels heating system (a two-pipe system, whatever that means) does not allow for warm room temps during winter months causing us to sleep in our heavier street clothes, all of which rendered me ill (first night) and had to ckk-out at ~3am & cancel additional days, then next day I was curtly informed I would have to pay for those days canceled or be charged a cancellation fee (which after much complaining, eventually was reversed). Unfriendly desk staff. Dirty gum smeared room carpet. This all occured on Thanksgiving Day of 2013 which was a long awaited holiday/time off for us.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Please accept our sincere apologies for the disappointing service and conditions of your recent stay. We know our guests deserve the best and we will use your comments as we continually evolve to best meet and exceed our guests' expectations. We have shared your comments with our team and assure you appropriate steps have been made to correct the issues you encountered with comfort and service. Should you return to our area in the future, we would love to have you back so we may better demonstrate the complete quality stay you expect and deserve.

Erica Alcaine, Director of Sales
Paradise, United States
Reviewed December 3, 2013

The breakfast buffet was great! The pool and hot tub was clean warm and fun for my family. We also used the exercise facility, and it was clean, and the equipment was in great condition. The hotel service was fast and courteous. The larger suites accommodate my larger family. Just an overall great experience.

1 Thank Albert T
EmbSuites, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Milpitas Silicon Valley, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Thank you Albert for your recent review. I'm so glad that you were able to take advantage of the different amenities we offer and that they were to your satisfaction. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.
san jose, United States
Reviewed November 28, 2013

It was a good experience for me and my granddaughter. She really enjoyed the bed in the suite and also the two television. She also like the tub. she said she want to come back and stay there again. she really had fun in the pool cause it was an indoor pool. I spent my time at the sauna and while my granddaughter stay in the pool

Nellie,
Thank you for your review. I am thrilled to hear that you and your granddaughter enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of our indoor pool and hot tub. We really appreciate your saying we are the "best hotel". We know you have a choice on where to stay and glad that we were able to meet your expectations. Please visit us again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milpitas
Hilton Garden Inn San Jose/Milpitas
Sheraton San Jose Hotel
Sheraton San Jose Hotel
#4 of 20 in Milpitas
Courtyard Milpitas Silicon Valley

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Milpitas Silicon Valley? Share your experiences!