“Good but not perfect”

Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
Milpitas, California
“Good but not perfect”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Stayed one night while home was having repairs done. Hotel is nice but showing its age in some ways, it is at least 30 years old. The toilet in our room was loose so it shook everytime you sat on it. Sunday morning they closed off half the breakfast area to set up for a wedding show even though the breakfast area was packed, people were eating standing up.
Otherwise nice hotel and what you expect from Embassy suites.

Room Tip: higher the better, can see the mountains form east and north facing rooms.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Korean first
Milpitas, United States
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Courteous staff, clean hotel (lobby, rooms, etc.) Very nice breakfast. Only downside is the charge for Internet service. Should be complimentary, in my opinion. The Internet service was slower and less reliable than I would expect. Other than that, great experience every time I stay

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

EmbSuites, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Milpitas Silicon Valley, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property and for selecting our hotel when staying in the Milpitas area. I am thrilled to hear that you were pleased with our staff, guest rooms and complimentary breakfast. I understand your frustration regarding WiFi and would like to let you know that we do provide complimentary wireless internet in our lobby and public areas. We hope you will consider staying with us again when visiting Milpitas.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a few weeks. Its better than a lot of the hotels in the surrounding area (Fremont, Newark, Milpitas). The hotel is large, the gym is pretty decent.

The rooms could use a bit of updating as well as the breakfast area.

I liked the location as far as food options. There were a few walkable restaurants (The greek place is GREAT, Yogurtland, Red Lobster) a grocery store, and even a Massage Envy.

Basically, I stopped staying at this hotel because of its proximity to Yogurtland, I had to stop.

There is a lot of traffic headed west in the mornings, but there are lots of coffee places and places to eat on the way to 880.

Some of the balconies were very large, and it was great to watch the sunset in a few of my rooms.

Room Tip: Stay away from the main road. It gets pretty loud. The west facing rooms have great balconies to wat...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank rkmontoya
Thank you for taking the time to review our property and for selecting our hotel when staying in the Milpitas area. I am thrilled to hear that you felt our location was convenient to many restaurants and you made me laugh about the Yogurtland comment. Like you, I am a big fan and can be difficult to have it so close by. Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hoping you will consider staying with us again.
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

I'm a front desk host at a hotel so I'm pretty familiar how this all works.

1. Front desk needs better training on the phone.
2. Staff just ignores me when they see me. No smile or anything.
3. They checked me into a room where the maintenance guy wasn't done fixing the curtain rod yet. When he was done, he just left the room and didn't say anything else, despite seeing me sitting on the couch by the living room area. My boyfriend and I had to assume he was done.
4. Room had a funny smell. Everything looks so old.
5. The best thing about my stay? This place was really quiet so I was able to get a good sleep.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for your recent review. We strive to provide excellent customer service and so sorry to hear that we were not able to deliver during your stay. Thank you for your honest feedback and will use your review as a training tool with our staff. We do hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Love the space for the value. This hotel not as updated as others I've stayed at, but love the extra space these hotels offer. Little mishap during check in, but love the free cocktails and morning breakfast.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and for selecting our hotel when staying in the Milpitas area. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our complimentary services and hope you will continue to stay with us.
Canton, United States
Reviewed August 10, 2013

The hotel staff were very friendly, however the room was dirty and smelled funky. It was very cold for August, the hotel did not have the heat on, so it could not be used in my room. I requested a blanket, which also smelled funky. I had to purchase a blanket at a local store to stay warm. The breakfast area was clean and well staffed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet expectations and I am actively working with our housekeeping team to ensure cleanliness and comfort are our first priority. I understand the condition of your guest room was of concern. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guest experience and I will keep your review in mind as we look towards refresh options. Thank you again for your feedback and I invite you back to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to the area.
Atascadero, California
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Another good Embassy Suites experience! The breakfast makes you leave on a positive note! Yay! Love the plants in the atrium. Quick visit. Comfortable bed and pillows. The fold out wasn't that great, though, for the kids. Quiet room for a busy hotel weekend. Lots of visitors. Loved the pool. Splish splash! Our room had a bad odor. We are unsure what the cause of the odor was. We were on the tippy top floor of the place!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and for selecting our hotel when staying in the Milpitas area. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were pleased with our complimentary services! I will make sure our housekeeping department keeps an eye on any unusual odor in the guest rooms and really appreciate your letting us know. We hope you consider staying with us again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milpitas
Hilton Garden Inn San Jose/Milpitas
Courtyard Milpitas Silicon Valley
Sheraton San Jose Hotel
Sheraton San Jose Hotel
#4 of 20 in Milpitas

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Milpitas Silicon Valley? Share your experiences!