“A great, but loud, experience.”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Milpitas Silicon Valley
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
Sacramento
“A great, but loud, experience.”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

As with most Embassy Suites, this one is geared for families. It can get quite loud and the rooms are fairly small for a family of 4, but I still enjoyed it a lot. The food is good and the service is pretty great. The location is OK, but it is a lot safer than a lot of other places. The top floors might scare you, but your kids will love them.

Room Tip: Stay on the middle floors.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
EmbSuites, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Milpitas Silicon Valley, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property and for selecting our hotel when staying in the Milpitas area. I am thrilled to hear that you were pleased with both the food and service and hope you will consider staying with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 18, 2013

This is a terrible hotel under poor management. It is extremely noisy with too many kids running around unattended. Going for a run on the treadmill was the worst. The gym was filled with kids who used the place as a hangout and were just annoying. The gym NEEDS to be intended for adults or children under supervision.

The hotel also needs new furniture and the only thing I can say pleasantly about are the housekeepers who work hard and do what they can. The front desk is nice, but again, they need to begin overlooking more of what is going on in the hotel. As a diamond VIP, this is the first hotel I will sadly regret to say I will never visit again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
EmbSuites, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Milpitas Silicon Valley, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
We're sorry we were not able to provide you with a satisfactory experience during your recent stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about the guests that disrupted your stay. We have shared your review with our security team to ensure that this is not a problem in the future. Your feedback regarding the guest rooms will also help us as we work to improve. We hope you will consider staying with us the next time you are in the area.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Stayed here for two nights during the week. The location was good, the staff were great and my room was huge and clean. The buffet breakfast was Hilton standard issue and I have no complaints. I stayed on the 9th floor and did not experience any of the issues that other guests encountered. All in all, when you're away from home on a business trip, what more can anyone ask for.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our property and for selecting our hotel when staying in the Milpitas area. I am thrilled to hear that you were pleased with your room and our staff! We greatly appreciate your feedback and hope you consider staying with us again.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I stayed here for two nights this week for business. The hotel has a lot going for it, including:
-Great, courteous staff.
-Ample free parking
-Nice breakfast buffet including made to order eggs
-Clean large room

My biggest complaint is regarding the thermostat. The hotel is on some two pipe system, see my attached photo, and you cannot control the temperature, or even get the fan to circulate the air at times. This made sleeping uncomfortable and I ended up opening the window choosing traffic noise so I could at least cool down . To get the air to circulate you have to find the set point, which was 77 DEGREES!! 77 is pretty warm especially when you get into the room in a suit and tie.

My second complaint is the $9.95 charge for internet. Seriously? I paid almost $150 a night and can't get internet but McDonald's and Starbuck's offer if for free.

I was also put off by my $6.50 Corona at the bar. That is ridiculous but I needed it to quench my thirst after being in the sweltering room.

I go to San Jose on a regular basis and until they renovate I will stay elsewhere. It's too bad because the staff were very nice and most Embassy Suites have modern cooling systems.

Sunnyvale, California
Reviewed February 12, 2013

The stay was horrible, the security treated my family, and I like we were in a jail facility. And especially at the pool area, my family and I have been coming to the Embassy Suites hotel for atleast 10 years. And I have to say I dont no if you guys are under new managment or whats going on but I had the worse time at the hotel and will never be returning ever agin we stayed at the (Embassy Hotel in Milpitas Ca.)

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
EmbSuites, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Milpitas Silicon Valley, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for your review of your past stay with us. I always appreciate hearing from our guests – including areas for improvement. I apologize that the comfort of your stay was interrupted and I have taken your comments to our security team to ensure that in the future we do a better job of making all guests feel safe and welcome. This experience is not typical of our hotel and I regret this ruined your stay. I hope that you will be our guest if you have the opportunity to travel to the area again – thank you for your review.
West Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here a few times in the past and I have not seen any positive changes at all! Breakfast and staff are wonderful but why stay here if there are other choices around! I agree with other reviewers about the smells in the room and hallways! The gym is small but finally there is new equipment! Room was clean but carpets were dirty ... I got some gum on my socks and could not figure out where the source was. The last night I stayed, I had more gum on my socks! Pretty disgusting! And I could not control the heat at all! It was so warm I felt like I was in an oven. Lowest temperature setting was 65 degrees. My alarm clock was set to 6 am at 6 pm so when I set the alarm for 6 am, I was not awaken on time. These clogs are controlled so you cannot change the time yourself.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
We always look forward to delivering great service in all areas of our daily operation. We have shared your comments with our housekeeping and maintenance team to ensure the issues you mentioned are address and we will continue to make improvements to our quality assurance processes going forward. We appreciate your review and strive to make every experience enjoyable. We hope you give us another opportunity to make things right.
Grayslake, Illinois, United States
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights and not all that impressed. The room was a little dirty and I don't consider myself picky. Lots of hair in the bathroom (not mine!). The climate control did not appear to work all that well. I had trouble getting the room cool enough, so I ended up keeping the sliding glass door open all night. That made it noisy and difficult to sleep. The furniture very worn and kind of dirty. The free breakfast was very good. The fitness center bare bones, but equipment new and clean. The hallways seemed dingy and carpet worn/dirty. Overall, it was ok, but probably could find better options elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us at our hotel. I appreciate your candor; we look for reviews to provide insight into our hotel and our guest suite appearance is an area we are actively examining. The issue of room cleanliness has been addressed with our housekeeping team and we will make every effort to improve in this area. I welcome any additional comments or suggestions you would like to share.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milpitas
Hilton Garden Inn San Jose/Milpitas
Sheraton San Jose Hotel
Sheraton San Jose Hotel
#4 of 20 in Milpitas
Courtyard Milpitas Silicon Valley

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Milpitas Silicon Valley? Share your experiences!