Embassy Suites by Hilton Milpitas Silicon Valley
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
Peoria, Illinois
“Very Nice”
Reviewed January 29, 2008

I stayed at the Embassy Suites - Milpitas on January 21-24. The rooms were newly renovated and quite nice. My room was very quiet, clean and comfortable. The staff were all quite friendly especially at the breakfast buffet. The whirlpool was out of order due to the remodeling, but all other amenities appeared to be in working order.

• Liked — The rooms were quite nice and roomy.
  • Disliked — The location was not great for restaurants, etc.
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Korean first
seattle
Reviewed January 28, 2008

I was in Milpitas over the weekend to conduct interviews for my work. My suite was clean and comfortable - the upper two floors are most recently renovated and furthest away from any noise rising up from the families and events taking place on the atrium floor. My suite worked well as the living room can be closed off from the bedroom, nice for when my colleague had to come in so we could do a conference call on the speaker phone. The room was equipped with a fridge and microwave. That came in handy as my leftover ravioli (not great but pleasant - the salad was actually the best, amazingly fresh greens for January and a very nice balsamic vinegar dressing served on the side) from the Swan Restaurant Saturday night made a quick bite for me the next evening when I was too tired to go out. Also, the manager's reception with complimentary wine was welcome. I particularly liked the balcony off the bedroom as I must have fresh air at night and the slider assured plenty of that. The bed was comfortable.
It's true, on weekends this is a family hotel swarming with kids, the biggest negative. But the bedroom is on the outside wall with the living room on the interior where all the noise is - no noise penetrated the sleep chamber - I slept fine. Saturday night the place was run over with families, by sunday afternoon they all departed and the hotel was completely calm sunday night.
The AAA rate, $109 per night, was a very good bargain.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
Palm Springs, California
Reviewed October 28, 2007

My wife and I spent a Saturday night at this hotel during a recent visit to Silicon Valley. When we checked in there was a wedding reception in full swing and what appeared to be numerous kid's birthday parties. The wedding reception was quiet and dignifies, the kids on the other hand were outrageous. Screaming at each other in the pool, playing on the elevators, running along the walkways outside the rooms - all without any parental or hotel staff control. When we returned at the end of our evening at theatre, the reception was winding down - the kids were not. The following morning, we waited 10 minutes for an elevator as two were out of service and the two that were working were in use by the kids as toys. We skipped the free breakfast and went to a local restaurant and gladly paid for some quiet.

• Liked — Large clean room
  • Disliked — Noise
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bsimonis

Travelers are raving about these Milpitas hotels

Israel
Reviewed August 22, 2007

Stayed for 5 nights on business travel, having stayed there before a few times. The renovations certainly did good for the hotel, the only thing I found missing was a place to hang my towel in the shower.

Overall the hotel met all my needs - spacious suite, comfortable bed, nice breakfast.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
Texas
Reviewed August 21, 2007

Do NOT stay here! This hotel is dirty with litter everywhere, it is undergoing renovations that are BADLY needed but while the work is going there is a VERY long wait at the elevators, there is dust and construction mess in the hallways & constuction workers everywhere (JUST WHAT I LOOK FOR WHEN I'M ON WORK TRIP OR VACATION- A HOTEL WITH CONSTRUCTION WORKERS!), and NOISE early in the morning dont be one that wants to sleep in!. The room was hot and when I changed the thermostat it made no difference ( thermostat just there for looks temp. actually controlled by hotel somewhere else) ended up getting a fan to help cool room down CLASSY HUH.It took forever to catch an elevator and when I questioned this the Hotel Manager that I was dealing with by this time just stated " Sorry, we are overly busy this weekend, I don't know what is going on" the inspection on the one working elevator was EXPIRED, trash all over the stairwells and elevator floors...Make sure you have your houseshoes on!!(which I used when I got tired of waiting for the elevator. ) My room was booked by the company holding the conference and by pure stupidity we booked through travelocity to stay at the same hotel so as not having to hassel with changing mid trip. After the first 2 nights the the company paid for we were told that we would have to check out of the rooms we were already in, leave luggage @ front desk while we were at an offsite tour of facilities of company holding conference and then check back in after we returned from tour. We were told this maybe 15 mins. before having to catch transportation to the offsite facility..needless to say we left personal belongings in our old rooms like cell phone chargers that we have yet to get back from housekeeping. Room cards were deactivated while we were out locking us out of our rooms so we had to go back down to the front desk and ask for them to reactivate cards. Do not ask to use the hotel shuttle for anything, The desk attendant will offer to call you a cab. Had to get rude and speak to Manager just to use the shuttle and @ that only got to take advantage of this ammenity twice in a four day stay. I did learn that there is a bus stop across from the hotel that will take you to the Great Mall where you can get on vta etc....Hotel did not tell us about this avenue either, had to call vta direct to get instructions. ( VTA very friendly and helpful people ! AA++ for them) I was charged on my credit card that they HAD TO SWIPE " ONLY FOR INCIDENTALS" almost $1000.00 for one room for two nights. YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!! THIS HOTEL IS A JOKE, MANAGERS NOT MUCH BETTER. I have now returned home and still disputing with Hotel Accounting about crediting my account. They credit one charge and then there are 2 more > it's ridiculous! I have not one good thing to say about this hotel except that the breakfast was good, drinks at Manager's Special OK. But the best thing about Embassy Suites Milpitas was leaving!!

• Liked — Check out
  • Disliked — The stay at Embassy Suites, Milpitas
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank Sassychic
Carrboro, North Carolina
Reviewed August 16, 2007

Do NOT stay here! This hotel is dirty with litter everywhere, it is undergoing renovations that are BADLY needed but while the work is going there is a VERY long wait at the elevators, there is dust and construction mess in the hallways, and NOISE early in the morning. The room we were in smelled terrible, when I complained I was told it was due to the glue used on the wall paper. The toilet seat was so old that the bare wood was showing, the glass door looked like it hadn't been cleaned in years, the shower had mold growing on the tiles, the inspection on the one working elevator was EXPIRED, trash all over the stairwells (which I used when I got tired of waiting for the one, lonely elevator. ) I have not one good thing to say about this hotel except that the breakfast was good. Maybe after the renovations are finished it may be a better place but right now the manager is unable to keep the place up to any decent standard.

Stayed August 2007
3 Thank g0christine
New York
Reviewed August 11, 2007

After reading some of the reviews here, I was a bit hesitant when I booked for a night. I cannot say I have been disappointed in any previous Embassy stays, and I was just looking for something close by to get to with wife and 2 children after a long flight from NY to San Jose. For the price and the "benefits" of full breakfast (something that costs a family of 4 fifty bucks in other hotels -oh yeah, and the happy hour too), I would rate this location maybe not at the top of the heap of other ES locations, but certainly not one to avoid. Yes, ES draws a mix of business and family stays, and in an atrium environment, sound does carry. However, by mid evening I found no problem with excessive noise. Room was clean and spacious. Location is a bit out of the way, but still a much better deal than what I would have gotten from hotels in downtown SJ, which is an easy drive to.

• Liked — value for a family suite
  • Disliked — location
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milpitas
Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Santa Clara
Sheraton San Jose Hotel
Sheraton San Jose Hotel
#4 of 20 in Milpitas
Courtyard Milpitas Silicon Valley

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Milpitas Silicon Valley? Share your experiences!