“A great place to stay...maybe not worth what they're asking...” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Embassy Suites by Hilton Milpitas Silicon Valley

Embassy Suites by Hilton Milpitas Silicon Valley
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
Rio Rancho, NM
“A great place to stay...maybe not worth what they're asking...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

I've been staying in Embassy Suites for quite a while. I love them. This was my first stay in Milpitas, and I stayed there because it was a little cheaper than SC.

The atmosphere is great! I love this vintage of Embassy Suites. The atrium is great, and the landscape is beautiful. The food was good, I ate there twice in a week's stay. The manager's happy hour is wonderful, but the liquor is cheap. Breakfast was great and I ate it every day. The laundry facilites are what you'd expect.

I don't like the bed. It's an old mattress with a mattress topper on it. The TV's are nice, but there are few HD signals. The bathroom is great. Fridge is nice. Sofa is okay. Wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Chris_Tretta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Korean first
Tollhouse, ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2011

Beautiful hotel friendly people, they also made breakfast to go because we had to leave so early. Now that is customer service. Would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed June 2011
Giessen, Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2011

have stayed there several times, this time on a weekend. They have special family wekend rates. Many children and a lot of noise all day long and until late evening. Difficult to sleep. Rooms had been remodeled. I like the suite rooms with living room with kitchen and separate bed room and bath. Breakfast got a liitle more basic and every dish is plastic. Still eggs and pancakes made to order. Recommend hotel only during the week. Weekend rate was 129 $ plus tax. Free parking, indoor swiming pool and firness center.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
marin, ca
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2011

I read the reviews about 'Noise', 'Kids', and 'a Zoo' but since I usually love Embassy Suites AND I was taking my grandchildren, I went ahead and booked two nights anyway. Believe me when I say all of those descriptions are accurate! I have never seen so many kids in a hotel literally RUNNING all over the place...riding the elevators like they were amusement park rides, the pool packed like sardines with kids of all sizes doing 'Cannon Balls' in the middle of them! The adults seemed like 'Regulars' so maybe it's a Saturday night hangout in Milpitas. It really is a bargain for a family (one a family of 8) when you consider not having to pay a babysitter (letting the kids run wild!), Free Happy Hour and Free Breakfast. A bit too much for me though. The upside is that the following night, "Party Central" had checked out and it was a completely different experience. Just know in advance that if the kids are out of school you will find them at this hotel. One more thing, if you see bottled water on the counter with no signage, don't consider it complimentary. I had pre-paid for the room and upon checking out received a bill for additional charges for internet access $10 per night which I knew about and $5.00 for the bottle of water (Surprise!). I still love Embassy Suites...just not this one.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank cydona46
Oroville, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2011

We stayed here at the Embassy Suites for a weekend to watch a musical that my niece was in. The hotel was paid for by family so we didnt have a choice in the matter. The hotel is really beautiful. When you walk in the staff is very friendly and very quick, they have a beautiful Atrium and Koi pond. The swimming pool is indoors. They serve cook to order breakfast, and it is complimentary. The fitness area is quite nice as well.

Now on to the negatives of the visit. First off the rooms are not that clean. There were still items from the previous people on the floor, such as an ear bud to a set of headphones and some ties like you would find on bread. The rooms are a bit dated. The sofa sleeper looks like it is from the 70's and is not very comfortable to say the least. The WIFI is $10 a day and is really terrible. It is slow and it disconnects constantly. The only options were for double beds if you want more than one bed in your room. You can have one King, or one Queen, but if you want two beds you are stuck with a double. A double is WAY too small for my husband and I to sleep on together. No way. So now to the noise! This hotel is terribly noisy!! The first night we were there we went to the pool. There were 27 children running around the pool and 5 parents.. yes, only 5 parents for all of those children. I have children myself, but the pool was just a mess with all of those kids there. They DO have after hours for the pool for adults only, so that would have been nice if I could have stayed awake that long ;) Also on the first night we had to split up the way we had planned on sleeping since the beds were so small. So my husband and my youngest son would sleep on the sofa sleeper out in the living room and in the bedroom I would take one bed, and my teenager would take the other bed. We closed the door from the bedroom to the living room and I am thankful we did. My poor husband got absolutely NO SLEEP. There were people up at all hours of the night (Friday night) and there was a huge birthday party where everyone in the Atrium sand Happy Birthday to Donna at the top of their lungs. Unfortunately ALL ROOMS surround the Atrium and it echoes terribly. You could hear them like they were standing at your front door. This happened again the second night we were there also. Not another birthday party song, but alot of loud people in the atrium echoeing up into our room. This hotel must cater to major children sleepovers as well because Saturday morning when we were getting ready to head down to breakfast there were people in the rooms a couple of doors down from us and there were about 15 kids. On the third floor there was another set of rowdy young kids, about ten of them. You saw these groups of children all the time like it was a field trip or something! It was terrible. I like kids, but when they are so noisy that I cant sleep that bothers me. They have security too, and I would have thought at that late of an hour (past midnight) that security would have asked them to settle down. Speaking of security, on Saturday night we were at the IHOP on the corner right next to the hotel and getting ready to leave when all of a sudden 4 police cars, an ambulance and a firetruck go roaring into the parking lot of the hotel. When we pulled up the police had all the side and back entrances of the hotel blocked off and were arresting a number of people. We still are not sure what was going on, but we didnt feel to particularly safe in that area after that. After ten minutes of circling and upon calling the front desk, we were able to find an entrance to the hotel where we could park and get back to our room.

I guess I just expected a lot more from the Embassy Suites than we got. I am not a terribly picky person when it comes to a hotel. I just want clean and quiet and that is not what I got here. And for the price you pay to stay here you would think you should get it!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank LearyTraveler
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2010

We tried to escape for a quiet weekend by staying at one of my favorite the Embassy Suites in Milpitas, CA. Over the last several years I noticed changes and allowances evidently permitted by whoever is now managing the hotel. When we first arrived things appeared to be "ok" but, once past the front desk and towards the elevators the noise level rose immensely. I tried not to give it much attention and proceeded to my room.

Once settled, my son decided he wanted to go swimming so, off we went. The swimming pool area was where the majority of noise was coming from and it was nothing short of a stinken zoo! The pool was at capacity and many, many kids were running and screaming from the tops of their lungs (even from our room on the fifth floor the we could could hear this madness very clearly). Anyways, we ended up only staying 15 minutes because it was no fun in "Wild Kingdom".

After we left, I witnessed teenagers and children "allowed" to run rampantly on several floors, screaming equally as bad as at the pool area. I saw a security guard but, he was sitting and chatting with someone in the food court. On our way up to our room, in the elevator, a couple commented to each other as they also watched the noisy kids/teens that, "this is common and that it gets crazy at this hotel."
In my opinion it's sad that the Embassy Suites at this location has really compromised their past standards and the overall class of this hotel.

On an up note and in fairness, our room was immaculate and the front desk staff polite and housekeeping was very kind.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank ohharv77

Travelers are raving about these Milpitas hotels

Hartford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2010

I stayed here only one night. Very impressed with the service and cleanliness. I strongly recommend for the business traveler. Free beer and wine in the bar during the dinner hour. Breakfast included with room.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milpitas
Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Santa Clara
Sheraton San Jose Hotel
Sheraton San Jose Hotel
#4 of 20 in Milpitas
Courtyard Milpitas Silicon Valley

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Milpitas Silicon Valley? Share your experiences!