“Very unprofessional”

Baymont Inn and Suites Milpitas/San Jose
Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
Reviewed February 25, 2012

When we arrived they did not have our reservations. Not the desk persons fault according to him. Then they sent us up to our room…it was still dirty. When I called down to let them know, the desk person said hey, I was doing you a favor by letting you in your room early. I told him we did not ask for any favors but accepted the new room. When we went into our new room we were greeted by the refrigerator in pieces all over the floor. The front desk guy apologized, again, and then added that it was not his fault, again. We had specifically asked for there room with, advertised as a whirlpool tub. First off the tub was stained and chipped up. When I finely got ready use it, the water did not work. It was after 10 pm so I did not call the front desk, not their fault anyway…right?? When I went to check out and told them about the absolutely horrible experience, they not only told me there was nothing they would do about it, but due to some strange reason with their banks..They would not be able to charge my card until a week later! But once again I was informed..It was not their fault. I have my attorney looking into the legality of them charging a week after the fact..he say’s it sounds fishy. If it is they will be hearing from him soon  . I have been in the hospitality management field for over 30 years and have stayed at hotels across this fine country. From Motel 6 to 4 star resorts…this was hands down the worst experience I have ever had. By the way..when I told them that I was going to post this, they said we don’t care..we will just post a response to it….. Go for it..I’m sure we would all like to see what you have to say!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank 312Unhappy
BizTraveller12345, Guest Relations Manager at Baymont Inn and Suites Milpitas/San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2012

Thank you for your review. Please note that we have changed management at this property, and the issues you have noted should not occur again. We've made many improvements to our guest rooms, which are now very comfortable and clean.

Reviewed July 31, 2011

I Chose this hotel as it was the closest one to where we were visiting.I seen the AAA plaque on the wall in the lobby so I thought it would be ok, I gave him my AAA card, but he mentioned everyone was getting the discount at this time and my card was not necessary, so the discount was already in the price he quoted me.He never gave me a receipt for the room. Our first room was dark, dirty and very run down, this was a corner room and the windows did not even lock! You could lift them up and down and the latch was broken so you could not lock them shut. Outside the window was an unkept alley.The bath was very dingy and peeling enamel.I asked for another room and the person at the counter went to my room to check out the window, he asked if I wanted it "open" and I explained that the problem was "no lock" and I was not staying in a room with a window that anyone could come into. He gave us another room that was just as dingy...but no window issue. The sink was dirty, the bath peeling enamel, dirty old face towel still in the bathroom, TV got 3 channels, coffee maker but no cups, bathroom had 2 toiletpaper rolls that were not even new rolls. We were already late for our visit with family and decided to just take the room for the night. When we had come back very late, around 1am, there was a crowd of people in the parking lot hanging out....they stayed there until about 2:30am. I do not recommend this place to anyone!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank hotelreview69
Reviewed June 16, 2011

Not the worst of cheap motels I've stayed at but not the best. Stayed one night on a business trip. Room was a little smelly. Iron was missing. Drain was plugged. Breakfast bar not open till 7:30. Internet speed by hard wire was pretty slow.

I've been to other cheap motels where the owners try harder to make the experience nicer.

Good, convenient location. If you do stay here, have breakfast at Mil's Diner. You can't go wrong there.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank BruceQ57
Reviewed June 26, 2010

A family of 4 with kids booked at this hotel coz it's cheaper and near to Great America. My friend who was coming with us talked to the manager prior to booking. We were told that it's roomy, newly renovated, and no smoking place. We arrived & we were frustrated. The room that was given to us smelled of cigarette and there was food left inside the microwave. My friend's room smelled of cigarette too. We asked for a change of room but only one was replaced coz the other room was on the corner and was so dark along the hallway. We asked the room to be cleaned and the manager replied in a snobbish manner "Is that your only problem?". Early morning we heard a couple quarreling. Also, the housekeeper smokes while cleaning. Breakfast was cereal and waffle only, coffee is served on a disposable styrofoam cup and taste terrible.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank lavander_tea
BizTraveller12345, Owner at Baymont Inn and Suites Milpitas/San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2011

We invite you to come check out the Milpitas Inn, under new management with a goal to provide our guests with a comfortable, affordable, and clean hotel experience in downtown Milpitas. With recently renovated rooms, an inviting oudoor pool, and a very convenient location near the Great Mall, businesses along the Montague Expressway and Highway 237 corridors, we look forward to having you stay with us in the near future.

Reviewed August 18, 2009

DONT STAY HERE!!! We had the worst experience in our life at this motel. BEWARE!!!

First, we were given a room that was occupied.
Then, we were then given a room that was unclean with body hair in the bed and an open beer and food in the frig and garbage on the floor.
Finally, we were then given a 3rd room with a cleaner bed, but two holes in the wall and one of the bathrooms was out of service.
The "breakfast" included ROTTEN fruit and the orange juice dispenser was broken.

The next night, we returned to find they have moved a new guest into OUR ROOM and has removed some of our stuff. The DIDNT EVEN CLEAN THE ROOM FOR THE NEW GUEST as my shaving kit was still in the bathroom and our clothes were still in the room. They refused to help get our stuff out. The guest who was given our room helped with the removal of our bags. We were forced to cut our vacation short and drive home even though we had prepaid for our room. DONT STAY HERE! BEWARE!!!

The crazy thing is that we stayed here two years ago and had a very good experience because the motel was newly remodeled. This time was a nightmare!!!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank daveinmerced
Reviewed October 30, 2008

I booked this hotel through the Radisson website, and stayed for three nights while on a business trip. The hotel lobby looked brand new, the breakfast area was great and had a really good spread every morning.

The room looked to have been recently updated and was much nicer than I was expecting. The bed was great, nice towels and bath amenities.

The location of this hotel is very good - it's off the main highway road running through Milpitas, and has quite a few good places to eat within a two minute drive. The front desk was really helpful to find good Mexican food nearby.

I've read some of the bad reviews for this hotel, and was really happy to see the place has really been turned around. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 24, 2008

I booked a non-smoking room using Radisson hotel points- my room smelled like an ash tray! I stayed for 5 days and had stained towels every single day. The hotel did have free wi-fi, which is really the only positive thing I can say about it. I'm surprised that Radisson keeps this chain in it's group.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank ChiTraveler08