“Good South Indian food”

Tirupathi Bhimas
Ranked #92 of 332 Restaurants in Milpitas
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed September 14, 2011

A very good south Indian restaurant serving food that tastes home cooked. Reasonable service.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Mountain View, California
Reviewed August 16, 2008

South Indian. Huge Thali's, food is ok. The wait can be long.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed March 16, 2008

The first time my Indian friend recommended this place I reached there for a takeout. One of the itrems was "Paneer Pulao." When I reached they gave me the package. Some odd intuition, but the first time ever I opened the package there and then to see if all was in order. The "Paneer Pulao" was in a clear plastic container and I couldn't see anything other than rice. They insisted the Paneer was there, that I just couldnt see it. I opened it and poked my fingers, but still no Paneer. They finally took it back and heated some Paneer in a microwave and put it in. I had paid close to $10 for some small portion of fried rice??

A few days ago I returned with my family to give them another chance. The first thing you notice is the funny musky smell. The second is the menu --- their dosa special was on plain pieces of paper printed on an ordinary inkjet printer(paper not even laminated) --- and with food from previous users smudged on it. How arrogant can a restaurant get before we teach them a lesson, pray? The Andhra Thali was the worst South Indian food I have ever eaten, the Paratha/Chapati with it was like leather. Hard on the edges, rubbery in the middle. The plain Masala Dosa was not bad, but the accompanying Sambhar again sucked big time. Sorry, with two names of Gods in their name, they probably think they are so blessed, customers won't notice. We did. Goodbye.

2  Thank sanjayam
Reviewed October 14, 2007

“The food is cold because the weather is cold”, said the manager of Tirupathi Bhimas. That was not the worst problem though. Where should I begin? Well let me begin by saying, I am not going there again. As for things that went wrong, here it goes.

1. Ordering woes – we could not order “Onion Rava Dosa” because there were 3 more orders before us and we would had to wait for an hour before we would get that.
2. Another order could not be fulfilled (Pesarattu Dosa, or something) because one of the pieces of the dosa could not be prepared. Wow, and the restaurant is open for another hour or more for the day.
3. We ordered something that was available, and the first order arrived. Cold. When the waiter was seen again, we told him, and he apologized and said we are the fourth customer to say that. But, he will get a fresh order.
4. Our second dish came, with cheese not melted on a hot dish. We let it go, and decided never to come again. Who knew the climax was in the offing next.
5. My dish arrived, with one part of the order missing. Waiter said he will get that soon. 15 minutes later, we asked him for that, and he said, he will get something else while the missing part is prepared. We agreed with slight resentment. When we got the substitute dish 15 minutes, we asked him how much longer for the missing part, and he said, the griddle is being used for other dishes, so it will be difficult to provide the missing part tonight.

That was it, I refused to stay there any longer. I asked for the manager, and he came 20 minutes later after multiple requests to talk to him. Well, instead of helping the situation, his answers were even crazier. For cold food, “the food is cold because the weather is cold”. The pantry is on the other side so the food gets cold before we get a chance to serve it. We have taken off the partially served item off your dish. And then he said, you are the only customer who is unhappy. It was no point arguing with him. There are just too many Indians in this area who will go to this place for the bad food, and the manager will be ok. But I just wanted to let people know (who read the reviews and go) that this place is not worth wasting your time, money or appetite.

1  Thank DevVed