“Ridiculous! Very bad service & they haunt and run behind to the car if you don't tip atleat 10%”
Review of Banana Leaf

Banana Leaf
Ranked #2 of 330 Restaurants in Milpitas
Cuisines: Malaysian, Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 23, 2013

DO NOT GO....

We went to this crowded cheap mentality surrounded place. The food was Ok. At the end our dinner, My hubby tipped the waiter little less than 10%. We left to the car & was about to start the car, The manager comes running behind asking for more tip.. My hubby answered that it is indecent to ask for Tip following you to the car. He said its indecent to leave a tip less than 10%. We got furious & asid that we would take back the tip we left.. He said its Ok & walked away..

2  Thank Bharanipoongo

Reviewed January 22, 2013

All their veggie stuff is excellent! I've found their chicken skewers to be on the raw side. Roti prata for appetizer and fried bananas with ice cream for dessert are the best!

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Nice vegetarian spread and good staff behaviour. I had dinner couple of times at this place. The chairs/ table kept outside give a different feel to the entire experience.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

It was worth the hype, I have been here before but they improved on the service amicability. The food is wonderfully prepared, the client service is very very courteous. The catch ? you almost need to wait 15 to 20 min anytime you go, even during lunch time. That tells you people are fond of the place and for a good reason. I went twice, although I usually wouldn't want to wait to be have a bite. worth it all the way.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Delicious food - lunch is packed, but dinner starts at 5 and should be easier to get a table. The food is FLAVORFUL and well-prepared - I go every time I'm in town.

Been to Banana Leaf? Share your experiences!